Northern nationalists versus ?

Started by Orior, December 29, 2020, 11:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 30, 2020, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 03:51:03 PM
Unionism cannot be reasoned with.

Anyone who is trying to say they can is utterly deluded and living in some sort of alternate universe.

Die hard republicanism can't be reasoned with either. One of the reasons I can't see a united Ireland is due to to the die hards on both sides who'll refuse to meet in the middle.

Ah yes, another utterly ignorant free stater with the "both as bad as each other" argument. The thing is you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

If you want to know anything about unionism, look at Brexit. Unionists cutting their nose off to spite their face and show what uber Brits they are.

SF not exactly covering themselves in glory either.. Using a funeral to put on a political show and arranging  a mass turn out during a pandemic when they should have done the exact opposite and told everyone to stay at home

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2020, 01:26:07 PM
If it all comes down to Economics and the 6 Cos basket case....
Will Northern nationalists vote for a UI where they will have to pay a load of extra taxes to make up for the alleged £10,000,000,000 black hole?
It would cost every man woman and child c£5k extra per annum.

How many people in the 26 would be prepared to pay €2,200 extra to fund the feckless ones?
Unlike the farce that was the Brexit referendum, people would have to know what they are voting for, possibly some one (a bunch of lawyers etc) would have to negotiate a package deal on behalf of Unionist interests without Unionists involving themselves directly in talks. On the finance side, the EU would have to be heavily involved  and the England/Wales government would have to pick up much of the subvention tab for some years, not very different to the loan transfer of  the ailing Shane Duffy to Celtic, where Brighton still pay 50% of Shane's salary.

No doubt quite a number of nordie nationalists will be reassured that they will be able to hold onto to the British nationality part of their dual nationality, that seems to be an important issue for them.

What if it came  to pass that the majority of nordies voted yes to an AI but the majority in the 26 voted no thanks ?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: balladmaker on December 30, 2020, 03:15:32 AM
+1

If you consider yourself Irish, then you have no choice but to vote for Irish Unity ... to do anything other than vote for unity, well you'd be a hypocrite devoid of any self esteem.
Exactly, it's unforgiveable.
The people using shallow reasons like "it would cost me an extra few quid" are the worst type too. Imagine rejecting the reunification of your country over a few notes.
Putting anything other than an X in the box for Unity as an Irish person would be traitor-like behaviour.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 04:11:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 03:57:48 PM

Anyone who is trying to say they can is utterly deluded and living in some sort of alternate universe.

It's changed, if I look at unionism from the day I started work (88) to now, it's changed dramatically, it still needs to change, but so do republicans.

Why are working class communities like Tigers Bay and the Shankhill returning DUP candidates who are completely at odds with those from working class communities? It's always been the same with unionism, they cut their nose off to spite their face.

It's either DUP Arlene and co, PUP (the equivalent of SF) or UUP in those areas. They are picking the ones that won't back down to SF, that's the only policy that will get people out to vote in those areas.

Green orange votes needs to change? the middle rd unionist might go back to UUP or Alliance, which lives DUP or PUP and since David Ervine's death no one within that group has the intellect to control the hot heads.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 30, 2020, 04:45:38 PM
+1

If you consider yourself Irish, then you have no choice but to vote for Irish Unity ... to do anything other than vote for unity, well you'd be a hypocrite devoid of any self esteem.
The people using shallow reasons like "it would cost me an extra few quid" are the worst type too. Imagine rejecting the reunification of your country over a few notes.
Putting anything other than an X in the box for Unity as an Irish person would be traitor-like behaviour.
I trust you're referring to those Northern "nationalists" who aren't prepared to pay their way in a future All Ireland State?
Around £5k per person per annum.
Anither crowd who sold their souls for English gold.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2020, 04:57:33 PM
+1

I trust you're referring to those Northern "nationalists" who aren't prepared to pay their way in a future All Ireland State?
No. More specifically the Southern "nationalists" who use that excuse, but it applies to 6 county people as well.
Not sure where you're pulling 5k from either.

Orior

+1

+1
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2020, 04:57:33 PM
+1

I know it's just after 5pm but Christ the night that's the most drunken post I've seen yet!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 04:53:07 PM

It's changed, if I look at unionism from the day I started work (88) to now, it's changed dramatically, it still needs to change, but so do republicans.

Why are working class communities like Tigers Bay and the Shankhill returning DUP candidates who are completely at odds with those from working class communities? It's always been the same with unionism, they cut their nose off to spite their face.

It's either DUP Arlene and co, PUP (the equivalent of SF) or UUP in those areas. They are picking the ones that won't back down to SF, that's the only policy that will get people out to vote in those areas.

Green orange votes needs to change? the middle rd unionist might go back to UUP or Alliance, which lives DUP or PUP and since David Ervine's death no one within that group has the intellect to control the hot heads.

The PUP are a much more agreeable aspect of loyalism than the DUP are in all honesty.

The PUP have their hands dripped in sectarian murder, the DUP were the ones who stoked up the atmosphere for sectarian murder but did not want to get their hands dirty. The likes of the DUP and UUP are a worse form of sectarianism that the PUP.

All of unionism is absolutely drenched in sectarian hatred - UUP, DUP, TUV, PUP - there are no moderate factions really. Alliance are a fringe party of middle class liberals.

What is striking is that working class loyalist areas vote for the DUP over the PUP. That's amazing and tells you all you need to know about how entrenched loyalism is.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

grounded

Die hard republicanism can't be reasoned with either. One of the reasons I can't see a united Ireland is due to to the die hards on both sides who'll refuse to meet in the middle.

So what was the good friday agreement?

When faced with the demographics and abandonment by the British government they will have to compromise.
         In any event it wont be the extremes on either side, it will be the middle ground that will decide.
         Say 15 years from now, Scotland has left the union, applied for and joined the EU snd is doing quite well.
          Not having the same EU funding and wirh the South East England being the cenrte of political and financial power in the uk, NI may become an even bigger economic backwater than it is now. Huge disparities in standard of living between north and south. Even greater emigration of young Unionists to England.
      Is it beyond the realms of imagination that a section of the unionist population may look favourably on a united Ireland?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: dublin7 on December 30, 2020, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 04:13:06 PM

Ah yes, another utterly ignorant free stater with the "both as bad as each other" argument. The thing is you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

If you want to know anything about unionism, look at Brexit. Unionists cutting their nose off to spite their face and show what uber Brits they are.

SF not exactly covering themselves in glory either.. Using a funeral to put on a political show and arranging  a mass turn out during a pandemic when they should have done the exact opposite and told everyone to stay at home

Arrogance and entitlement from SF

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 05:04:08 PM

The PUP are a much more agreeable aspect of loyalism than the DUP are in all honesty.

The PUP have their hands dripped in sectarian murder, the DUP were the ones who stoked up the atmosphere for sectarian murder but did not want to get their hands dirty.

All of unionism is absolutely drenched in sectarian hatred - UUP, DUP, TUV, PUP.

What is striking is that working class loyalist areas vote for the DUP over the PUP. That's amazing and tells you all you need to know about how entrenched loyalism is.

PUP haven't a voice ffs, they haven't the intellect nor the money to have a sustainable assault on working class politics! Can you imagine the likes of a Jo  Bunting being a leader?

There's not too many political parties that haven't blood on their hands, alliance, greens, PBP, and SDLP bring blood free (though I'll hold judgement on one SDLP member during one period)

Would you rather Jo Bunting in? If you do, then in all honesty you need your head looked at.

Working class Protestants  in Belfast would never have voted DUP, in fact David Irvine expressed his disgust at the DUP and their views.

There is a void there willing to be filled with a sensible political party in working class unionist areas, but while people will listen to the likes of that wee twat Bryson they will continue to divide.

Only if a middle green and orange party has power, we won't get everyone or a majority onboard!   

michaelg

The PUP have their hands dripped in sectarian murder, the DUP were the ones who stoked up the atmosphere for sectarian murder but did not want to get their hands dirty. The likes of the DUP and UUP are a worse form of sectarianism that the PUP.

All of unionism is absolutely drenched in sectarian hatred - UUP, DUP, TUV, PUP - there are no moderate factions really. Alliance are a fringe party of middle class liberals.

Do you ever read back the nonsense you post?

dublin7

Quote from: grounded on December 30, 2020, 05:12:56 PM

So what was the good friday agreement?

When faced with the demographics and abandonment by the British government they will have to compromise.
         In any event it wont be the extremes on either side, it will be the middle ground that will decide.
         Say 15 years from now, Scotland has left the union, applied for and joined the EU snd is doing quite well.
          Not having the same EU funding and wirh the South East England being the cenrte of political and financial power in the uk, NI may become an even bigger economic backwater than it is now. Huge disparities in standard of living between north and south. Even greater emigration of young Unionists to England.
      Is it beyond the realms of imagination that a section of the unionist population may look favourably on a united Ireland?

Paisley, McGuiness, Hume were able to put their differences aside and come together. Even Paisley came around in the end.

Unfortunately we now have Michelle O'Neill and Arlene Foster as the main leaders now and neither inspire confidence. They struggle to agree on anything or make any decisions at the moment let alone a major issue such as a united Ireland

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 05:17:43 PM

The PUP have their hands dripped in sectarian murder, the DUP were the ones who stoked up the atmosphere for sectarian murder but did not want to get their hands dirty.

All of unionism is absolutely drenched in sectarian hatred - UUP, DUP, TUV, PUP.

PUP haven't a voice ffs, they haven't the intellect nor the money to have a sustainable assault on working class politics! Can you imagine the likes of a Jo  Bunting being a leader?

There's not too many political parties that haven't blood on their hands, alliance, greens, PBP, and SDLP bring blood free (though I'll hold judgement on one SDLP member during one period)

Would you rather Jo Bunting in? If you do, then in all honesty you need your head looked at.

Working class Protestants  in Belfast would never have voted DUP, in fact David Irvine expressed his disgust at the DUP and their views.

There is a void there willing to be filled with a sensible political party in working class unionist areas, but while people will listen to the likes of that wee twat Bryson they will continue to divide.

Only if a middle green and orange party has power, we won't get everyone or a majority onboard!

If working class Protestants don't vote for DUP in the Shankhill and DUP then why are their elected representatives DUP MLAs?

Loyalism/unionism doesn't have the intelligence, it doesn't need resources. People vote on the basis of their ideologies. The PUP run candidates in these constituencies and they don't get returned because working class loyalists vote for the DUP.

It's simply because loyalism is a culture of hate and anyone who lives in the O6 understands that. Loyalism is all all about protestant ascendancy, working class loyalists would rather live in squalor than have their situation advanced if it also meant that of the catholic community advancing its position.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL