GAA Board Charity Bet

Started by AZOffaly, May 11, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: oakleafer on June 11, 2007, 10:41:47 AM
I think attention needs to be drawn to Lone Sharks last three bet tips!

Hear! Hear!  Great going there L.S.

AZOffaly

Alright bucks,

We could do with a couple of decent scores here. I'll be around this weekend so I'll be able to access the board, unlike the past few weeks when I've missed Lone Sharks bankers.

So, now that I'm around to jinx whatever the bet(s) is, fire them on....

Bogball XV

Donegal, Cork, Wexford in a tenner trixie.

Gnevin

Wonder could you get  odds on at least one draw this weekend ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magpie seanie

Personally think Sligo +3 is close to a banker. Should be low scoring and tight. Last four meetings in championship have seen 3 draws after 70 minutes and a 1 point win for the Rossies. Odds are just less than evens but its a strong start to an accumulator or good cover bet I'd think.

Bogball XV

Gnevin - Back all the games for level stakes:
Hurling 9/1 and 9/1
Football 13/2, 13/2, 7/1 and 7/1

Thus in total you have 6 bets, minimum return of 13/2 - works out at just over evs, up to a maximum of 9/1 = 6/4, plus you might get a few draws up and thus a bit of bonus money too.

bombidal

*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Louth Exile

Where are you Lone Shark?? I like to think I know it all but was going to take your advice before doing my bet this week.
I have just went through the Boyles, PP, Ladbrokes & VC websites and my head is spinning with the amount of different bets you can do. Pick out a few of them....
Meath & Donegal 11/2 (Boyles) this looks like a good one I think
JP Rooney to score a goal at anytime in Louth game 6/1 (Ladbrokes) great bit of value here I think and worth a tenner
G Geraghty to get straight Red card for hitting David Henry in the face 25/1 (PP)  ;D Poor value I think, rather take on the evens that he gets a yellow

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

I'm going all out this week after my win last week...
Meath & Donegal at 11/2 - €10
Donegal (+1) 8/11
Louth (+1) 4/5
Meath (+2) 13/10
Waterford 8/11
€10 Accum at 11.3/1 also 4 €5 cross trebles
Added Roscommon into the mix at 4/9 and did a €10 Accum at 16.8/1 as well
All above bets with Boylesports
Finally, €10 on JP Rooney to score a goal at any stage in the Louth game at 6/1 with Ladbrokes
This is definitely value given that in the championship he scores a goal on average 1 in 5 games, however this week he is also back to FF line against a questionable full back line and is in the form of his life, this should be no bigger than 4/1. Both D Clarke (never scored a championship goal)& Shane Lennon are shorter odds than Rooney!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Decided not to do the football treble I was going to do, Thank God (Dublin -5, Galway -5 & Monaghan +1)
Wasn't going to have a bet until the hurling came in level at half time again!! Rang in the draw at 15/2
Delighted, three weeks of money up, long may it last....

magpie seanie

Did Leitrim +5, Monaghan to win and Dublin -5. 2 outta 3 aint bad I suppose but I was disgusted with the Dubs who were 8 points up with 10 to go or thereabouts. Thank God I didn't do an accumulator. That late Offaly free could have cost me a tidier sum than it did.

Lone Shark

Not sure if people are still following this, but anyway......

I'd recommend two bets this week.

(1) Stan James have done like many others and put Armagh vs Derry up as a three point handicap - but they've gone 10/1 a handicap draw. A very big price about a quite likely outcome. I'd make this a true odds 7/1 shot or so, so a small bit of value here.

(2) A treble with Paddy Powers. My own maximum stake allowed is €4.63, and based on previous I'm not sure I'd get paid anyway, but for the rest of ye, I'd suggest Antrim hurlers @ 8/13 (played better against Clare than the scoreline suggests, and tend not to lose games at home against mid tier teams like themselves), Mayo footballers @ 1/5 (Cannot lose and will probably win by ten) and Limerick on their alternative handicap plus seven points in the Munster Final @ 4/7. Limerick will fight this all the way, and I can't see Waterford walking away from them. It's barely over 2/1 the treble, so you won't get rich, but I can see it working out well.

Louth Exile

Didn't do a bet last week myself, but with all the qualifiers on this week there will have to be an auld accum.

Do you know where there are any Stan James offices in the North East LS, quick scan of the net didn't help me.

I see you have the best price on Louth at 9/5, apart from the 7 walk outs in the camp I heard unconfirmed (note: unconfirmed) reports that Shane Lennon is not training. Also one of the Finnegan brothers is getting married on Friday, hope we don't have a repeat of what happened after David Brennan's wedding earlier in the year! At this stage I think even 9/5 could drift  ;)

Lone Shark

If you don't mind me asking, how hard did you look?  ???

www.stanjames.com

Bogball XV

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 05, 2007, 08:29:16 PM
Do you know where there are any Stan James offices in the North East LS, quick scan of the net didn't help me.
Quote from: Lone Shark on July 05, 2007, 09:32:46 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how hard did you look?  ???

www.stanjames.com
Ahem, ahem....