NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 07:45:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 06, 2016, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 06, 2016, 06:49:37 PM
Now some of you lovely non-Ulster bies know what we've had to put up with from our delectable Donegal neighbours. Just saying like, bless 'em ;)

In fairness if there was no Tyrone there would never have been a need for a Donegal, a response to the former if there ever was one.

::) 31 county spokesman. Sure if there was no Meath there would be no need for a modern Tyrone.....and on it goes

Meath were manly though ;)

yellowcard

Dessie Dolan says the Kerry no 14 ''had no choice, he was only trying to free himself up''. Seriously wtf sort of analysis is that. Two punches to the snout from behind and he tries to defend him. Ridiculous analysis.

Jinxy

Don't mess with a man's fingers.
What if he was a concert pianist?
We all have jobs to go to in the morning.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

giveballaghback

Quote from: Mclf on January 30, 2016, 10:31:59 PM
Judging by the standard of division 2 last year it is no surprise Down got thumped, themselves and Roscommon will be way out of their depth in division 1 and the only chance either team has of winning a game is when they play each other, the hype that is surrounding Roscommon after the appointment of McStay is ridiculous, they are the most  over hyped team in the country due to no small part by the majority of their supporters thinking the team is something it isn't , this forum alone is a perfect example of this. Monaghan to teach them the first of many lessons tomorrow.
Well Well Well, Mcif, would you like to rethink your predictions. How about a piece of humble pie followed by a dose of reality to clear out the system. ;D

Main Street

Kerry will be well pleased at the outcome and their performance, more so in the 2nd half.   Donaghy was very good, Walsh and  Sheehan were excellent.
Donegal set out to brawl from the start and provoke. Kavanagh typified that, with the in your face verbals in midfield,  gets a good shove and runs off whining to the ref.

yellowcard

It shows the level of hypocrisy when you compare the slaughtering that Tiernan McCann got last year for the barbaric act of diving compared with the ludicrous defence by Dolan of the 2 punches that could have seriously injured an opponent. Double standards.

tyroneman

So the best the Sunday Game can call this was 'silly'. Words fail me.

Jinxy

Here come the Tyrone lads.
It's not always about YOU, you know?

Although you did invent this type of stuff.

Main Street

Irish Tyrone people are beyond therapy.

An Watcher

Only seen the highlights today but it would seem that donaghy throwing Murphy to the ground kick started the whole thing?  Understand the ref has a difficult job but surely he should have been issuing a black card there.  The ref in the mayo game wasn't afraid to black card a big name

moysider

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 08:40:02 PM
So the best the Sunday Game can call this was 'silly'. Words fail me.

Dessie is a 'silly' analyst after all. Nice fella, great player but when it comes to analysis he's a bit lightweight.

Jinxy

Quote from: An Watcher on March 06, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
Only seen the highlights today but it would seem that donaghy throwing Murphy to the ground kick started the whole thing?  Understand the ref has a difficult job but surely he should have been issuing a black card there.  The ref in the mayo game wasn't afraid to black card a big name

When you have two teams with so many out and out mouthpieces this sort of thing is inevitable.
It's a wonder Rory Kavanagh didn't have to go off with a grade 3 jaw strain near the end.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on March 06, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
It shows the level of hypocrisy when you compare the slaughtering that Tiernan McCann got last year for the barbaric act of diving compared with the ludicrous defence by Dolan of the 2 punches that could have seriously injured an opponent. Double standards.

Well you lads all jumped to McCanns defence at the time and went with your customary whataboutery whereas the Donegal lads have all come on here and agreed straight away that it was a lousy act and they're sick of it... Double standards indeed!

Rossfan

Aren't Kerry, Donegal, Monaghan, Mayowestros, Cork, Dublin lucky that RugbyTelefìsÉireann recognise ye exist.  :o
RugbyTÉ doesn't know about us at all.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Can't believe there's so much surprise at how the game developed today. Thought the second half would get a lot worse myself. To be perfectly honest McLoone's red card was harsh. If anybody deserved to go for it, it was McBrearty who pulled someone down by the neck in the first instance.

Kerry lads are certainly no angels (details below), but Donegal's ill-discipline was a feature for me. Donegal posters themselves have highlighted it, but when your  manager is running up and down the sideline whining non-stop at the linesman, referee and everyone else, it doesn't bode well for the squad. As someone said, they are noticeably less subtle in contact area than the McGuinness days. I lost count of the amount of stupid drags and pulls all over the field. Rory Kavanagh went up for a ball at one stage with a Kerry player he should be winning ball all day over, but instead went to play the man and gave away a free. The same man got shoved in the chest by Bryan Sheehan and spent 30 seconds lying down holding his face, before the ref told him to get up. 
Maybe they wanted to lay down a marker, which could be the case. Have no real problem with most of it if that's the way. I remember the 2012 league game in Killarney when Kerry won handy enough but McGuinness learned a lot more about Kerry that day than vice versa. The late Paddy Curtin got a cracking goal for Kerry that day actually now that I recall it.  :-[
What Neil McGee did  deserves all the abuse it gets. Filthy act. I'd have done the exact same thing as Alan Fitz did. From umpires view of it of course, he had to get red then.

Kerry like I said,are not whiter than white. Denis Daly deserve his black card, which was a ridiculous drag down . Enright's was harsh enough I thought. More or less ran over by Murphy and just grabbed his leg a bit on the way down. 7 or 8 worse tackles than it throughout the game. Mahony and Donaghy have no problem getting involved in schemozzles or whatever you call it. Acting the bollox is my preferred term. Someone mentioned Donaghy's pulling Murphy down, which I'm not sure looking back on it, was it around the neck or not, but if it was I'd have no problem seeing him sent off for it. Very dangerous act. Murphy of course was delaying a Kerry free at the time and (for a great player who I love watching) acts the bollox as much as anyone.

Happy enough to get the win anyway and thought there was some decent football played by both sides aswell despite the usual shit analysis from RTE. Must be cutbacks when they're left with poor ol' Dessie Dolan on his own for analysis!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...