NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on March 06, 2016, 09:18:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 06, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
It shows the level of hypocrisy when you compare the slaughtering that Tiernan McCann got last year for the barbaric act of diving compared with the ludicrous defence by Dolan of the 2 punches that could have seriously injured an opponent. Double standards.

Well you lads all jumped to McCanns defence at the time and went with your customary whataboutery whereas the Donegal lads have all come on here and agreed straight away that it was a lousy act and they're sick of it... Double standards indeed!

McCann was roundly condemned by the Tyrone fans on here for his actions, what he was defended on was the disparity in coverage of similar incidents, one of which happened in that game with Rory Beggan.

And I would say the same about McGee, he got a box after antagonising the Kerry lad but the hysteria is in full drive here. Does anyone actually believe he tried to break his fingers? When lads tread on someone's toes to get a reaction, are they trying to break his toes? When the playful cusp of the genitals happens, are they trying to castrate their opponent? When the sneaky dig in the ribs happens off the ball, are they trying to break their ribcage?

McGee was wrong but the hysteria and overreaction is ridiculous.

moysider

Quote from: An Watcher on March 06, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
Only seen the highlights today but it would seem that donaghy throwing Murphy to the ground kick started the whole thing?  Understand the ref has a difficult job but surely he should have been issuing a black card there.  The ref in the mayo game wasn't afraid to black card a big name

In fairness referees are never afraid to discipline Mayo players.

Hopefully next week we get a ref. who is not in awe of the Kerry mafia and stands up to nasties like Donaghy and O Mahony as well as serial fowler and agitator Donnacha Walsh ;)

Maroon Manc

Didn't watch the full match but from what I've seen McGee got what he deserved; O'Mahony was doing his best to provoke anyone who came near him at every opportunity and Kavanagh wasn't far behind him. Did Donaghy get a yellow card for kicking the whole thing off?

moysider

I remember saying after Mayo V Donegal that I thought Mayo were bullied in last quarter and it wouldn t go unnoticed. Kerry in fairness met fire with fire and Donegal discovered that away from home the shoe is quickly on the other foot, and its the other crowd baying for blood. Kerry were clearly expecting a war and likes of Donaghy and O Mahony were in full battle mode fairly fast.

Shrewdness

Hope our young lads won`t get roughed up in Donegal next Sunday.
It will be our fifth league game, of which only one will have been played on Roscommon soil.

Beffs

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2016, 09:20:14 PM
Aren't Kerry, Donegal, Monaghan, Mayowestros, Cork, Dublin lucky that RugbyTelefìsÉireann recognise ye exist.  :o
RugbyTÉ doesn't know about us at all.

Well, if your county ground wasn't such an unmitigated shit hole, with no floodlights, then perhaps it would be a different story. If it was in decent nick and could host games under the lights, you would have been on the telly long before now.

orangeman

The conditions were awful - it was windy with a bit of rain which made the game difficult to ref.

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on March 06, 2016, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2016, 09:20:14 PM
Aren't Kerry, Donegal, Monaghan, Mayowestros, Cork, Dublin lucky that RugbyTelefìsÉireann recognise ye exist.  :o
RugbyTÉ doesn't know about us at all.

Well, if your county ground wasn't such an unmitigated shit hole, with no floodlights, then perhaps it would be a different story. If it was in decent nick and could host games under the lights, you would have been on the telly long before now.

Sorry let us line up the multi-national insurance company sponsors to help pay for that. Oh wait.

GAA HQ and the Connacht Council have as much blame in the state the Hyde is in as our CB does.

Main Street

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on March 06, 2016, 09:23:03 PM
Can't believe there's so much surprise at how the game developed today. Thought the second half would get a lot worse myself. ....
I was surprised how the game developed from the throw in, believe it or not.

According to the rte report, the ref read the riot act to both team managers at half time. I have to say, the ref did well considering.

moysider

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2016, 10:19:12 PM
Can't believe there's so much surprise at how the game developed today. Thought the second half would get a lot worse myself. ....

According to the rte report, the ref read the riot act to both team managers at half time. I have to say, the ref did well considering.

Really? Did you not notice how het up Donegal were last week? People put it down to putting down a marker after recent Mayo/Donegal history. Kerry were clearly forewarned what to expect and were not going to be bullied at home.

Main Street

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2016, 10:19:12 PM

Really? Did you not notice how het up Donegal were last week? People put it down to putting down a marker after recent Mayo/Donegal history. Kerry were clearly forewarned what to expect and were not going to be bullied at home.
It was the first time i saw donegal in a full game, since last year.

tyroneman

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 08:40:02 PM
So the best the Sunday Game can call this was 'silly'. Words fail me.

Dessie is a 'silly' analyst after all. Nice fella, great player but when it comes to analysis he's a bit lightweight.
it was ML that came out with that particular whitewash

Beffs

Quote from: Syferus on March 06, 2016, 10:19:04 PM
Sorry let us line up the multi-national insurance company sponsors to help pay for that. Oh wait.

GAA HQ and the Connacht Council have as much blame in the state the Hyde is in as our CB does.

Who is to blame is irrelevant. You don't have a county ground fit for purpose, or capable of hosting night games under the lights. The tv networks will continue to go else where until you do, and/or you become a ratings draw. As of now, you do not meet either criteria.

moysider

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 11:43:46 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 08:40:02 PM
So the best the Sunday Game can call this was 'silly'. Words fail me.

Dessie is a 'silly' analyst after all. Nice fella, great player but when it comes to analysis he's a bit lightweight.
it was ML that came out with that particular whitewash

It was Dessie that said that Fitzgerald had no choice to do what he did to free himself though. What he didn t do was explain what McGee did to provoke that response. So the analysis of that incident made him look very silly indeed. Lightweight stuff. McGee gets no scrutiny for messing with a lads hand and a lad that busts his nose is excused because he had no choice!! Crazy stuff.

J70

Rory Kavanagh was definitely involved in a lot of handbag shite, and even Christy Toye, of all people, was constantly grappling people after he came on, presumably to slow them down. Kerry were every bit as bad, but from our perspective, it's getting to be too much. Fair enough, stand your ground and don't be bullied, but there has to be a limit.

Poor Ryan McHugh takes massive abuse each game ( does he ever NOT get done with a high tackle?), but just gets on with it.