NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champion The Wonder Horse

The wee lad got his transfer result today, so for a treat, I took him to Newry to see Michael Murphy in action. The great man was outshone by McBrearty and the two McHughs were super. But Down, fcuk sake, just fcuk sake.
And the number of cards, four blacks and two reds, in a game played below first gear / pedestrian / semi-comatose pace. Whilst the be-gloved referee may have been technically correct, 'twas a damning indictment of those who introduced it into our game.

Zulu

Down utterly awful but saw little from Donegal to say they'll do any better than they've done in the last few years, better than many but short of the best.

Quote from: Zulu on January 30, 2016, 10:14:25 PM
Down utterly awful but saw little from Donegal to say they'll do any better than they've done in the last few years, better than many but short of the best.

I'd agree, Donegal back in the pack now. Last four would be a very good achievement, but I think another last 8 defeat will be their lot. I think Tyrone are ahead of them in Ulster and would take them in Croker in August.

theticklemister

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 30, 2016, 10:07:30 PM
The wee lad got his transfer result today, so for a treat, I took him to Newry to see Michael Murphy in action. The great man was outshone by McBrearty and the two McHughs were super. But Down, fcuk sake, just fcuk sake.
And the number of cards, four blacks and two reds, in a game played below first gear / pedestrian / semi-comatose pace. Whilst the be-gloved referee may have been technically correct, 'twas a damning indictment of those who introduced it into our game.

I thought there Exeter was excellent. It is not his fault that players can't bide by the rules. Every black card he gave was correct. If players stop pulling to the ground or tripping the. The game will become better. 

theticklemister

the Referee*

Do you see what happens when I don't post as often as I use too!!

theticklemister

Go out and get full would you.

Hi, isnt it ironic that my English lesson starter on Wednesday  was on the difference between 'to' and 'too'

Mclf

Judging by the standard of division 2 last year it is no surprise Down got thumped, themselves and Roscommon will be way out of their depth in division 1 and the only chance either team has of winning a game is when they play each other, the hype that is surrounding Roscommon after the appointment of McStay is ridiculous, they are the most  over hyped team in the country due to no small part by the majority of their supporters thinking the team is something it isn't , this forum alone is a perfect example of this. Monaghan to teach them the first of many lessons tomorrow.

theticklemister

Quote from: Mclf on January 30, 2016, 10:31:59 PM
Judging by the standard of division 2 last year it is no surprise Down got thumped, themselves and Roscommon will be way out of their depth in division 1 and the only chance either team has of winning a game is when they play each other, the hype that is surrounding Roscommon after the appointment of McStay is ridiculous, they are the most  over hyped team in the country due to no small part by the majority of their supporters thinking the team is something it isn't , this forum alone is a perfect example of this. Monaghan to teach them the first of many lessons tomorrow.

Where's your bus???

Quote from: theticklemister on January 30, 2016, 10:20:55 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 30, 2016, 10:07:30 PM

I thought there Exeter was excellent. It is not his fault that players can't bide by the rules. Every black card he gave was correct. If players stop pulling to the ground or tripping the. The game will become better.

My problem wasn't with there Exeter; as I said he was technically correct with each call. My issue is with those who felt the introduction of the black card would cut out cynicism in Gaelic football. A well meaning, but utterly naive and very restrictive initiative.

In addition, some of the calls weren't made by there Exeter, he had plenty of help from Messers Cassidy and Hughes on the line.

JoG2

Quote from: Mclf on January 30, 2016, 10:31:59 PM

Maybe the fans are getting carried away,  but Mc Stay certainly isn't.  Heard him being interviewed on the radio this evening.  He knows exactly how difficult div 1 is going to be. He mentioned how most of the opposition have contested a AI final in the last few years and Monaghan have bagged 2 ACs in the last few years,  how everything would have to fall into place on any given match for them to really compete.  I'd judge Roscommons short term journey on Mc Stay than some excitable (no harm in getting excited!) supporters. 

There Exeter

macdanger2

screenexile

Quote from: Zulu on January 30, 2016, 10:14:25 PM

What more do you want Donegal to do on their first league outing of the year??

Way too early to be making statements like that!

PadraicHenryPearse

I don't think we are getting over excited. Most believe we will struggle but hold out hope we at least don't get hammered and might sneek a couple of wins. I do agree we are over hyped but I think that's mostly outside commentators and is based on 2/3 good u21 teams.

Rossfan

Nobody ( not even Syfín) getting carried away in Ros. Don't know who's supposed to be doing all the hyping.
I suspect Kilmovee wumtroll has been reincarnated.....
::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 30, 2016, 08:34:47 PM
Thats some trimming Down got, Down 0.07 Donegal 3.15, Donegal still the best bet for Ulster this year, Down going in reverse.

We'll see lads. Its a long way between now and April, never mind July!

Down could be well behind Donegal in preparation and fitness.

Good win for us all the same, especially with a few of the recent minors/U21s introduced to senior football.