Nfl div 3

Started by sligoman2, January 25, 2016, 01:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Well done to Longford today too shamrock.

Ye should be safe now or could even get promoted.  Hard to tell how this will end up but you are right we never take the easy way.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Ohtoohtobe

Everyone I've spoken to reckons Sligo should have won by more. Our bogey team for some reason.

Dinny Breen

Thankfully didn't make it to Newbridge and from all reports and comment, might need to refer a few of the lads on the Kildare forum to the Samaritans, Sligo deserved to win by more. This defeat has been coming, we haven't being playing well and looking like a team expecting a performer to happen rather than making it happen. We don't have a settled team, 29 players used in the league, and leadership is a problem. We're in Division 3 for a reason, the players need to realise that.
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Remaining fixtures:

Tipperary v Kildare
Westmeath v Offaly
Clare v Longford
Sligo v Limerick

Longford v Westmeath
Limerick v Offaly
Kildare v Clare
Sligo v Tipperary

Crazy division. Westmeath could win their remaining two matches and be relegated on 7 points, out of our hands. An even crazier set of results could have us finishing joint second on 7 points with Clare & Longford. Decent performance by all accounts on Saturday, could very well be too little, too late.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SLIGONIAN

Sligo Gaa the enigma, nuts, it would drive you bananas our shockingly inconsistent we are. Terrible the last day, brilliant yday, No one saw that coming but delighted especially for my Dad and all the die hards there. Can we build on it, who knows? Have to beat Limerick.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

Firstly I think the management got the selection correct yesterday. We got a physical presence into midfield with the introduction of McIntyre (how he hasn't been used from the start prior to this is a mystery) which freed Cian Brehony into the forwards and Niall Murphy was brought out to midfield where he can get more involved in the play and dictate the game and also contribute on the scoreboard. Murphy has developed into our standout player over the last year. McDonnell's goal also showed that he is playing out of position at full back. Need a repeat performance against Limerick now next weekend

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mano on March 14, 2016, 03:23:37 PM
Firstly I think the management got the selection correct yesterday. We got a physical presence into midfield with the introduction of McIntyre (how he hasn't been used from the start prior to this is a mystery) which freed Cian Brehony into the forwards and Niall Murphy was brought out to midfield where he can get more involved in the play and dictate the game and also contribute on the scoreboard. Murphy has developed into our standout player over the last year. McDonnell's goal also showed that he is playing out of position at full back. Need a repeat performance against Limerick now next weekend

+1

McIntyre really stood out when he came on it the previous game. Miles better than the lads who were filling the jersies there previously. You can see why I was so angry with Murphy being fucked around in previous years - I knew the potential. Suppose I know him since he was a kid but great he's developing into the player we believed he would. McDonnell has showed several times and even in the last game how effective he is as an attacking threat. Needs to be moved out the field to realise his potential.

I'm still shocked by the result.

AZOffaly

Great weekend for Offaly, poor one for Tipperary. A win over Longford, combined with the Kildare result would have meant Tipp were in a great position, but losing to Longford, combined with Offaly's good win over Clare has put them behind the 8 ball. The fact that Kildare slipped up, now means they will be all out to win at the weekend. Tipp could have done with Kildare being already promoted.

Offaly might be in a sneaky position now!

Croí na hÉireann

In 2011 Tom Cribbin brought Offaly to Cusack Park in a winner got promotion clash and they were within touching distance of a Westmeath team managed by Pat Flanagan who largely outplayed them. Sunday week promises to be equally competitive.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tippabu

I havent gone into all the permiatations yet but i think tipp to be relegated at 11/1 is a massive price. westmeath a very capable of winning their two last games and reaching 7. Sligo have limerick who are gone and then us in what could be a loser goes down game and if that is the case i cant see us wining up there. Its crazy we are still 2nd favourites to go up but i think relegation is more likely. We could really do with a few of the lads who are happy to not even make the tipp hurling 26 but still train with them to come back but thats not happening anytime soon

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Tipperary will beat Kildare given the way they have been playing. I see the match has been changed to Tipperary town for some reason, presumably just to cause a nuisance to Kildare supporters.

inexile

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 18, 2016, 08:41:52 PM
Tipperary will beat Kildare given the way they have been playing. I see the match has been changed to Tipperary town for some reason, presumably just to cause a nuisance to Kildare supporters.

This. I think there is a very good chance that Kildare will not get promoted. Especially if Tipperary beat them.
I thought from the the time that the fixtures were known, that the last three games were going to be our toughest.  And this being the case my hope as that the performances would improve as the league progressed. But I can't be  but be concerned about the performances so far, especially with the toughest matches yet to come.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I see the logic in what Cian O'Neill is doing in giving lads chances and trying to develop a squad but the team that was put out against Sligo was only asking for trouble. They could badly do with Daniel Flynn returning from injury and need to start with the strongest team available. I'd go something like this:
-------------Donnellan
Kelly--------Hyland------Fitzpatrick
Lyons------Conway-----O'Donoughue
--------Moolick------Feely
McNally-----O'Flaherty-----Flynn
Tyrell--------Kelly-------Smith

I still wouldn't be confident. The forward line should rotate a bit.
It might be worth putting Feely or Flynn in full forward with the other going out to midfield to try and change things up too.

Donnellys Hollow

I think Paul Cribbin is back for the Tipp game.

Having been at Kildare's games this year it's apparent that we've a very mediocre team outside of a handful of good players. There's a reason we're in Division 3. O'Neill has a serious rebuilding job ahead of him and he needs to be given time to get it right.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

fearsiuil

What's the story with Emmet Bolton these days, is he injured or lost form?