Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: headoftheroad on August 14, 2015, 12:25:35 AM
What I believe is the arrogance of your management is unbelievable!!!

To be fair, if Harte was a Premiership Manager, he would have said 'there was definitely contact' and we would have all nodded our silly little heads.
MWWSI 2017

Throw ball

Anyone know when diving became a yellow card offence?

BennyHarp

Ah the believable unbelievables.  :o Just so we're clear on the precedent of what you are proposing. Can you name another county, in the history of the GAA who has effectively suspended their own player for any game never mind an AI semi final, due to an action on the pitch in the previous game? Did Kerry do this after O'Mahony? Did Cork offer this after Micheal Shields? Did the Dubs offer up the spitters? Ive had a glance at your other posts, the Shields incident didn't even warrant a post on the board from you, never mind calling for self imposed suspension. Is this the worst thing ever to happen on a GAA field to warrant the unprecedented action of suspending your own player?
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2015, 12:53:42 AM

Ah the believable unbelievables.  :o Just so we're clear on the precedent of what you are proposing. Can you name another county, in the history of the GAA who has effectively suspended their own player for any game never mind an AI semi final, due to an action on the pitch in the previous game? Did Kerry do this after O'Mahony? Did Cork offer this after Micheal Shields? Did the Dubs offer up the spitters? Ive had a glance at your other posts, the Shields incident didn't even warrant a post on the board from you, never mind calling for self imposed suspension. Is this the worst thing ever to happen on a GAA field to warrant the unprecedented action of suspending your own player?

Did the Dubs offer up the Bite'ers ?

BennyHarp

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 14, 2015, 12:58:42 AM

Sorry, yes I meant bite'ers!
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2015, 01:01:35 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 14, 2015, 12:58:42 AM

Sorry, yes I meant bite'ers!

Now thats was discrediting the association.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2015, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 10:32:41 PM
What McCann did was specifically covered by a rule. To say that this overall rule can be brought in any time we fancy it makes a mockery of the rule book.

It is entirely bizarre.

See my reply to Benny. The same applies in civil law. People are charged with the most serious offence. The DPP decides what law to prosecute under. Milosevic could have been charged with murder or genocide. McCann can be done for diving or discrediting the association. It's perfectly in order. The fact that it's rare doesn't mean it's wrong. In this case, letting this shite grow into the cancer it has was the error the Association made, not deciding to throw the book at McCann.

I'm off for a pint. I don't think I can add to what I've said, but if rrhf or Omadjoe want to continue the whinging I'll be here in the morning.

Did you actually write that, oh sorry its you Hardy, that explains all. Why use genocide in this conversation to illustrate a point? Why? Your trying to exaggerate the level of the alleged offence to some how compare it with the worst possible crime imaginable. Your a silly sick individual that would do such a thing.

As for your attempt at trying to justify the legality of the ban. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the legal system that the GAA uses? Is it common or civil?

Assuming its civil your talking shite because then it explicitly states the offence and punishment.

Assuming its common your still talking shite because there has been prior precedence set of not punishing the offence of feigning injury retrospectively.

Your just full of stupid hateful prejudice Hardy, taking a stupid snigger at all this media created mayhem which you fed into. And sorry to break your bubble but Meath in the 80 and 90s were not in the slightest bit manly, they were a filthy, cowardly shower of thugs. If they behaved the way that they did in the street as they did on the pitch they would have been locked up.

And BTW trying to act like you know more than a legal professional makes you look like an idiot.

rrhf

Meath 96 were the poster boys for thuggery in gaa.  Violence used systematically; premeditated and designed to injure was eradicated following this.  ..Violence and intimidation would never be allowed to be used by managers as a method of gamesmanship  ever again..

lenny

Quote from: rrhf on August 14, 2015, 03:54:47 AM
Meath 96 were the poster boys for thuggery in gaa.  Violence used systematically; premeditated and designed to injure was eradicated following this.  ..Violence and intimidation would never be allowed to be used by managers as a method of gamesmanship  ever again..

I would much rather watch that meath team than the consistent cynicism of tyrone in the past decade or so. They were a manly team compared to a bunch of divers who consistently sledge the opposition and are constantly in the referees ear.

omaghjoe

Quote from: lenny on August 14, 2015, 08:07:29 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 14, 2015, 03:54:47 AM

I would much rather watch that meath team than the consistent cynicism of tyrone in the past decade or so. They were a manly team compared to a bunch of divers who consistently sledge the opposition and are constantly in the referees ear.

Manly? Are you jokin?
Blind side hits
Standing on guys heads
5 v 1
If that's your definition of manly thats fine, but I seen guys get near lynched for less cowardly things than Meath where at.

Oh and the Daddy of them all, Mick Lyon's turned out to be about as tough as a lump of fresh cut turf in 91 when he limped off after a fair collision with Peter Whitnell.

Soup an Samajiz

shows ye wer people's heads are at, this over hyped dung in the media has half wits like this one thinking it is more acceptable to consciously go out to severely injure somebody than the bad error of judgement McCann made in a split second... bravo sir, u just reached an extra special level of stupid
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

StephenC

Not much work being done in Tyrone at the moment.

Soup an Samajiz

somebody must be doin something to be fit to pay for big joe mac's surgery lol £££
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Hardy

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 10:48:38 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2015, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 10:32:41 PM
What McCann did was specifically covered by a rule. To say that this overall rule can be brought in any time we fancy it makes a mockery of the rule book.

It is entirely bizarre.

See my reply to Benny. The same applies in civil law. People are charged with the most serious offence. The DPP decides what law to prosecute under. Milosevic could have been charged with murder or genocide. McCann can be done for diving or discrediting the association. It's perfectly in order. The fact that it's rare doesn't mean it's wrong. In this case, letting this shite grow into the cancer it has was the error the Association made, not deciding to throw the book at McCann.

I'm off for a pint. I don't think I can add to what I've said, but if rrhf or Omadjoe want to continue the whinging I'll be here in the morning.
My suggestion of a clean slate, everyone warned, no excuses would have the same impact as McCann banned and everyone else will get the same....

The only difference is that McCann gets banned. This makes me believe that it is more about getting McCann banned for you.

It's not. It's about the effectiveness of the action. Somebody needs to get done for it or it doesn't stop. A statement that something would be done in n the future would be nowhere near as effective as the full glare of publicity and that comes with this action.

lenny

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 14, 2015, 08:48:33 AM
shows ye wer people's heads are at, this over hyped dung in the media has half wits like this one thinking it is more acceptable to consciously go out to severely injure somebody than the bad error of judgement McCann made in a split second... bravo sir, u just reached an extra special level of stupid

Once again Tyrone people trying to justify McCann saying it was split second thing spur of the moment. The rest of us just don't buy that because Tyrone have been consistently diving ever since St Micky took over. McCann is jus copying players like cavanagh although admittedly this was the worst example I've seen even from Tyrone players. I've yet to see or hear a Tyrone person condemn McCann and all I've seen is him getting sympathy as if he's the victim in this.