Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

muppet

Quote from: GJL on August 13, 2015, 10:59:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/kieran.gilligan.75/videos/747856278657765/

Couldn't have been that hard, the fist didn't 'bounce' off Kavanagh's head.

More seriously though, it looks to me from that angle, to have been a deliberate attempt to punch to the head with the right hand. What ban will Finley get?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 11:18:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

More seriously though, it looks to me from that angle, to have been a deliberate attempt to punch to the head with the right hand. What ban will Finley get?
2 months for bringing the association into disrepute. Is there any point in having any other type of ban?

Fair enough. And what punishment would you give Finley?
MWWSI 2017

headoftheroad

a lot has been said from Saturday. It's clear the lad made a mistake but what was needed was integrity from the Tyrone manager and county board.
Why didn't Harte make a statement about how fine a young man he was and go on to blame someone else for the incident when he could have resolved the issue by saying ok he is not selecting him for the next game. Then the County board then condone his actions in stating they are appealing the CCCC determination. Integrity has been missing from 2003 with Tyrone remember Armagh's Mardsen, Ricey, Battle of Omagh and the disgusting treatment of Michael Murphy at the preliminary match in Omagh this year. Do you get the picture?

SkillfulBill

Quote from: headoftheroad on August 13, 2015, 11:41:14 PM
a lot has been said from Saturday. It's clear the lad made a mistake but what was needed was integrity from the Tyrone manager and county board.
Why didn't Harte make a statement about how fine a young man he was and go on to blame someone else for the incident when he could have resolved the issue by saying ok he is not selecting him for the next game. Then the County board then condone his actions in stating they are appealing the CCCC determination. Integrity has been missing from 2003 with Tyrone remember Armagh's Mardsen, Ricey, Battle of Omagh and the disgusting treatment of Michael Murphy at the preliminary match in Omagh this year. Do you get the picture?

Marsden struck, Battle of Omagh Dubs instigated, Murphy well marked by Justy and Ricey........well I will give you that one.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Prelim game was in Ballybofey this year  ;)

BennyHarp

Quote from: headoftheroad on August 13, 2015, 11:41:14 PM

A lot has been said indeed. And why do you think Tyrone should............actually, I can't be bothered. Some people have no interest in viewing this beyond their own bias.
That was never a square ball!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 11:18:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

2 months for bringing the association into disrepute. Is there any point in having any other type of ban?

What about this one HS? 2 months as well?

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.christie.104/videos/10153042719793015/?pnref=story

headoftheroad

Ah you corrected my mistake sorry Ballybofey
Why didn't Harte and the County Board correct the Lad's mistake and drop him for the next match

BennyHarp

Quote from: headoftheroad on August 13, 2015, 11:59:59 PM
Ah you corrected my mistake sorry Ballybofey
Why didn't Harte and the County Board correct the Lad's mistake and drop him for the next match

Has this ever happened in any county, after any incident in the history of the GAA? Or is this the worst ever thing to happen in the GAA so requires this unprecedented action?
That was never a square ball!!

Gabriel_Hurl

How do you know he won't be dropped for the next match?

That is if he gets off his suspension - but unless that happens your point is moot.

headoftheroad

"Marsden struck, Battle of Omagh Dubs instigated, Murphy well marked by Justy and Ricey........well I will give you that one."come on 

Marsden struck come on watch the footage and again I say integrity is everything and I quote  from Bennyharp  "some people have no interest in viewing beyond their own bias"

headoftheroad

Gabriel you missed my point. If Harte had been a premiership manager he would have acted and stated on Monday he had spoken to the player and has decided not to select him for the next game the CCCC would not have acted and the situation would not have arose.
By the way the dogs on the street know the CCCC will be overturned either at hearings or DRA and the Harte will still have an opportunity to put his best foot forward but this requires integrity but as I have pointed out he lacks this

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteIf Harte had been a premiership manager he would have acted and stated on Monday he had spoken to the player and has decided not to select him for the next game the CCCC would not have acted and the situation would not have arose.

Do you really believe that?  :o

headoftheroad

What I believe is the arrogance of your management is unbelievable!!!