Started by Dinny Breen, July 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 27, 2015, 05:22:38 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 27, 2015, 05:15:16 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 27, 2015, 05:09:04 PM
Spirit of 98

Martin Whyte hugging McCreevy!

There must have been a 40,000+ Kildare bandwagon there that day.

After this season it's fair to say we have about 3k odd ultras would love to see 10K on Sunday never mind 40k...

To think now that there are approx 70k (1996: 134k, 2011: 210k) more people resident in the county now than there were in 98. The minors who will play on Saturday were barely out of the cot when that match was played.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

J70

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2015, 09:18:56 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 26, 2015, 08:45:11 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM
Certainly didn't expect this but lovely all the same. The Kingdom v The Kings of the Qualifiers/Kings of January, a real battle royal.

How are Kildare the kings of the qualifiers? Kerry are the only team in either code with a 100% record in the qualifiers.

No team has won more qualifier games! Tis a numbers game. 1st team to qualify for the q/f's after winning all 4 qualifier games too!

Not true.

Donegal beat Carlow, Clare, Derry and Galway in 2009 before getting the mother of all hammerings from Cork in the quarter final.

Didn't Tyrone play all the way through the qualifiers in 2008? (Might have been a Tommy Murphy year though)

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
A quadruple bet next weekend,Tyrone,Kerry,Donegal and Dublin all to win pays less than even money.
Ridiculous odds. Kildare or galway will possibly scooper that bet

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2015, 05:53:46 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 26, 2015, 08:45:11 PM
Certainly didn't expect this but lovely all the same. The Kingdom v The Kings of the Qualifiers/Kings of January, a real battle royal.

How are Kildare the kings of the qualifiers? Kerry are the only team in either code with a 100% record in the qualifiers.

No team has won more qualifier games! Tis a numbers game. 1st team to qualify for the q/f's after winning all 4 qualifier games too!

Not true.

Donegal beat Carlow, Clare, Derry and Galway in 2009 before getting the mother of all hammerings from Cork in the quarter final.

Didn't Tyrone play all the way through the qualifiers in 2008? (Might have been a Tommy Murphy year though)

We did it in 2003. Fermanagh technically did it in 2004 but they were given a walkover by Tipp in the first round. Tyrone must have done it some year too.

Dinny Breen

Feck ye's, stealing our thunder. Still the most wins.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Coldrick is in charge of this, although he is a fair referee his fussiness would have to be seen as beneficial to Kerry as it will punish Kildare's sloppy tackling. In the Monaghan game last year McManus won it by hitting the ground every time he was touched by Ollie Lyons and I would expect O'Donoghue to be every bit as canny.

Jinxy

Be warned lads, Cormac Reilly will be doing the line for this.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2015, 09:08:25 AM
Be warned lads, Cormac Reilly will be doing the line for this.  :D

Cormac Reilly do Kerry favours and screw Kildare over.......Never!

Croí na hÉireann

Now this Dublin have some exceptional footballers and if you were to pick a genuine Ireland team, Brogan, Connolly, Flynn and MDA would be starters and O'Sullivan and McGrath would be on the bench.

Are you mixing up your Irish soccer heroes Dinny?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Good spot Croí, I was hungover - McCaffrey I meant. In fact I meant Cluxton not Brogan as well  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

The tone of some of the coverage on Kildare's win over Cork has been unfair on Kildare imo - Cork may have been poor but Kildare were excellent and set the pace and never let Cork into it.

Kerry should have too much for them Sunday (spread is Kerry -6 I think) but you never know.

Syferus

I wouldn't have MDMA on a first 15, hell he's having trouble making the Dublin first 15 after his sojourn off the panel. He's a great worker but football-wise he's quite limited. Give me AOS, David Moran before him.

Sidney

1st team to qualify for the q/f's after winning all 4 qualifier games too!
Westmeath 2001.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2015, 01:34:50 PM
I wouldn't have MDMA on a first 15, hell he's having trouble making the Dublin first 15 after his sojourn off the panel. He's a great worker but football-wise he's quite limited. Give me AOS, David Moran before him.

He was excellent against Kildare and pretty good against Westmeath I thought. When you see him the flesh, his work-rate is phenomenal, he is like having two extra players but what I like about him he looks to make things happen. Would work well with Moran, we'd just stick AOS in full-forward with McManus and O'Donoghue feeding off him.
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2015, 01:34:50 PM
I wouldn't have MDMA on a first 15, hell he's having trouble making the Dublin first 15 after his sojourn off the panel.

He's first choice - Fenton is getting his chance as a plan B against the weaker teams.