Kerry v Kildare August 2nd Croke Park

Started by Dinny Breen, July 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2015, 11:19:13 PM
No matter what I feel about the most incompetent manager that I have ever seen manage Kildare those players have to live with 2 relegations and 2 of the biggest defeats in our history all within 16 months. Embarrassing disgraceful and gutless. Fermanagh demonstrated what it's like to play with pride. We can't change the players but we need some to instill pride and belief. We can't change players but we can change manager, anyone who believes he should stay on needs a long hard look in the mirror as they certainly don't care about Kildare football. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.
Well you know I rate/rated him as a manager but he has had a dreadful season

I think Kildare are a bit like Derry. It doesn't matter who the manager is - the talent is there to be way better but the players mentality is questionable

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2015, 11:19:13 PM
No matter what I feel about the most incompetent manager that I have ever seen manage Kildare those players have to live with 2 relegations and 2 of the biggest defeats in our history all within 16 months. Embarrassing disgraceful and gutless. Fermanagh demonstrated what it's like to play with pride. We can't change the players but we need some to instill pride and belief. We can't change players but we can change manager, anyone who believes he should stay on needs a long hard look in the mirror as they certainly don't care about Kildare football. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.
Yeah, I thought Kildare were totally inept tactically.
No runners supporting when Kildare were attacking.
Leaving Stephen O'Brien to have the free run of the park
And above all, a kick out strategy where the keeper would ignore free men in the full back and half back lines (who rarely even called for it) to hit it long where it usually was 2 Lillies against 4 Kerrymen.

You'd have to hand a fair share of the blame to the keeper for showing no initiative with his kickouts and gifting Kerry the all important first goal (when Kildare had actually started the 2nd half very strongly with 3 of the first 4 scores) but Ryan has to take the bulk of the blame.

With Doyle, Cribben and Kelly, Kildare have a lovely spine at 6-9-11 to bring them on but I think they could do with a change at the top. What about successful underage managers?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Hound on August 03, 2015, 02:25:37 PM

With Doyle, Cribben and Kelly, Kildare have a lovely spine at 6-9-11 to bring them on but I think they could do with a change at the top. What about successful underage managers?

Brian Murphy would be the logical choice, for years Kildare had gone without a single win at minor level before he took over and had them on the same level or better than Dublin for the majority of the 6 years he was over them. I think they may have took a hammering in 2012 IIRC correctly which was the only blot. He had the sense to have Cian O'Neill involved in the early days too.

Any high profile managers are not affordable given the county's perilous finances.

rrhf

Perhaps the day of the manager as we knew it is coming to an end.

yellowcard

What a difference a week makes. Jason Ryan celebrated the Cork win like he had just won an AI and probably thought he had done enough to get another year in the job. Yesterday's defeat was the worst performance I've seen from any side in a championship game this year. Even in the early stages they looked like a team who were scared to have a go.

Teo Lurley

Hang on a minute there lads. Kildare should be encouraged and happy about that display yesterday, what are ye on about? :D

I still can't stop laughing at the Lilies.

Darby

I refuse to believe that county Kerry are good at football.