Who can stop Roscommon?

Started by macdanger2, January 25, 2015, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Roscommon also lost the western side of Athlone around the same time. So all the soldiers, gardai, government workers who lived in the town.

Just in case ye are talking history.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 27, 2015, 08:32:07 PM
Getting excited there muppet, well heres the thing, now that you admit that Mayo held on to one club[ardnaree] while claiming their right to hold on to ballagh proves my point, did you see my last line,
Jinkin joe {from ardnaree} is a sligoman, you took the bate like a true muppet and proceeded to prove my point, so maybe yere justification for holding on to ballagh is coming back to bite ye after all.

Ardnaree was founded in 1921 as a subsidiary to Ballina Stephenites. They went on their own in 1949. Ballaghaderreen was founded BEFORE the 'land-transfer' ::) took place at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 27, 2015, 08:32:07 PM
Getting excited there muppet, well heres the thing, now that you admit that Mayo held on to one club[ardnaree] while claiming their right to hold on to ballagh proves my point, did you see my last line,
Jinkin joe {from ardnaree} is a sligoman, you took the bate like a true muppet and proceeded to prove my point, so maybe yere justification for holding on to ballagh is coming back to bite ye after all.

You lied.

I proved it.

Bye.
MWWSI 2017

Owenmoresider

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 27, 2015, 06:28:57 PM
We shouldn't even bother turning up in June against this Juggernaut.  Hen again we have a habit of winning games when we are massive underdogs.

Let's see what the league throws up
More to the point we have a habit of turning Roscommon over when not expected to, as you know well.

Hopefully they'll go easy on London, ourselves and whichever minnow emerges on the other side, wouldn't want to show their hand too early, tis all about September after all.

seafoid

Is Archers in Ardnaree in Sligo ?

Syferus

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 27, 2015, 09:02:13 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on January 27, 2015, 06:28:57 PM
We shouldn't even bother turning up in June against this Juggernaut.  Hen again we have a habit of winning games when we are massive underdogs.

Let's see what the league throws up
More to the point we have a habit of turning Roscommon over when not expected to, as you know well.

Hopefully they'll go easy on London, ourselves and whichever minnow emerges on the other side, wouldn't want to show their hand too early, tis all about September after all.

Let us win a few Connacht before you start pissong on us like you would Galaay or Mayo, Owenmoresider. Remain united against the threat of the Big Two.

larryin89

I never quite understand the argument about Ballagh .

It was in Mayo originally .

It changed over 100 years ago to roscommon.

So if your family are originally Ballagh you're Mayo  and if you blew in from sheepwalk, fairy mount , out the dump road and any other ridiculous horrible eyesore of a townland  heading out the town towards the big smoke  you're  goin to be an unfortunate Rossie ,the club stayed in Mayo and stood their ground against a few loyalist attempts to take over down the decades. Sin e.

Personally I have always felt Ballagh club players should have a choice for county , once you declare at u-16 level that's it and then there would be no horse shite talk from the likes of Syferus.

I always end the Ballagh argument on the same note ... If the govt hypotheticaly speaking decided to change Ballagh border this week into the Sligo region and build a town from say gurteen . Would you vision your kids supporting Sligo next year?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mjg

Muppet with nearly twenty thousand posts you'd nearly want to get yourself a job or a woman or maybe even go to the odd match

giveballaghback

Hey Muppet, ye tell whatever story suits the occasion and thats the way it has always been, the ardnaree address is  ardnaree, ballina , co. mayo, so before you call anyone a lier check my post and your facts and as always and as every rossie knows "ye cant take yere batin"

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on January 27, 2015, 09:21:50 PM
I never quite understand the argument about Ballagh .

It was in Mayo originally .

It changed over 100 years ago to roscommon.

So if your family are originally Ballagh you're Mayo  and if you blew in from sheepwalk, fairy mount , out the dump road and any other ridiculous horrible eyesore of a townland  heading out the town towards the big smoke  you're  goin to be an unfortunate Rossie ,the club stayed in Mayo and stood their ground against a few loyalist attempts to take over down the decades. Sin e.

Personally I have always felt Ballagh club players should have a choice for county , once you declare at u-16 level that's it and then there would be no horse shite talk from the likes of Syferus.

I always end the Ballagh argument on the same note ... If the govt hypotheticaly speaking decided to change Ballagh border this week into the Sligo region and build a town from say gurteen . Would you vision your kids supporting Sligo next year?
Honestly, who cares ?

Shrewdness

As a rossie, i'm finding this thread extremely entertaining, even though it was obviously started as a wind up by a Mayo person... I'll guarantee ye one thing. If Ros win the Connacht title, a lot of the non Rossies on this thread won't be able to type 2 words about it afterwards.. How many pages will this thread go to. We're already on page 4 after 48 hours!!. Don't remember as much commotion after Leitrim's FBD win last year. As we say in Ros, '' the best is yet to come'' !!

larryin89

No "if" about it shrewdness ,the nestor is in the bag , rumour has it actually it was transported already by yer fancy coach out of Castlebar after the FBD game to save on transport costs in the summer.

Enjoy yer new found number 1 team in the west status and don't be gettin paranoid already . Put away a few quid now for the trips to croker , they can be a strain on the pocket.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

muppet

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 27, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
Hey Muppet, ye tell whatever story suits the occasion and thats the way it has always been, the ardnaree address is  ardnaree, ballina , co. mayo, so before you call anyone a lier check my post and your facts and as always and as every rossie knows "ye cant take yere batin"

You said this: "in the very same local government act the town of Ballina was transferred from Sligo to Mayo".

You lied or at best blundered very badly. And you have the cheek to lecture posters here on 'history' and 'facts'.
MWWSI 2017

sligoman2

Yes I do Owenmoresider - good memories, let's hope for another one
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

moysider

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 27, 2015, 07:38:15 PM
Well moysider I have some information that will put a slightly different light on the Ballagh issue,
now as far as I can see your position is the some old cronie decided to transfer Ballagh from Mayo to the Rossies years ago for whatever reason and Mayo are entitled to hold on to it regardless,but heres the thing,this old cronie did not stop there, in the very same local government act the town of Ballina was transferred from Sligo to Mayo, I accept you are a person of principle moysider so get out your black and white flag and start waving, oh and jinking Joe was a Sligoman. Check your history.

Nothing wrong with my history. The Moy used to be the border.
I was born on the west bank of the river Moy. Ballina is on the west bank and wasn t in Sligo. The Quay and Hungry Hill ( posher residents call it Ardnarree - where Jinkin Joe came from)  and out to Bonnyconlon were however, but here's the thing, there were no football clubs in those territories at that time. When they did form clubs they were in County Mayo. Completely different dynamic to Ballagh.
Ballaghadereen club  was formed before the 1891 Victorian initiative that was the Congested District Board. Back in the day when a Tory government was trying to kill 'Home Rule with kindness'. Ballagh was formed a Mayo club and thank God for respect for history.