Who can stop Roscommon?

Started by macdanger2, January 25, 2015, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Don t bet on it. He ll be only a Patsy. President is an honorary position.

He may as well be President of Outer Mongolia for all the influence he ll have on John's autocracy. Bloody hell; the very idea!!

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 29, 2015, 11:32:14 PM

Don t bet on it. He ll be only a Patsy. President is an honorary position.

He may as well be President of Outer Mongolia for all the influence he ll have on John's autocracy. Bloody hell; the very idea!!

The Rock won't be moved by John Prenty.

deiseach

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2015, 08:39:29 PM
Question for deiseach (if he still bothers with this thread anymore) where would Waterford's footballing strongholds be based? Or is it like in Mayo for example (swap codes) you've a pocket surrounded by the main one.

This is a (very general) map of the geographical spread of clubs in Waterford that someone posted to An Fear Rua back in the day. Green = football, orange = hurling. I'm sure that means something (edit: tweak with the contrast and they could be Rossie colours!) The city is mixed.

From the Bunker

Wildweasel74

Can we rename the threat "Who cant beat Roscommon"? Down my friends take a bow!

blanketattack

The answer to this thread title is clearly "Nobody"

From the Bunker

Quote from: blanketattack on March 01, 2016, 09:24:30 AM
The answer to this thread title is clearly "Nobody"

Except Monaghan!

Shamrock Shore

The answer to this question is usually themselves.

Did Willie Hegarty have on-air 'organisms' on Shiteside radio last Sunday?

Rudi

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 01, 2016, 09:56:48 AM

Another bitter gobda local. The reason I can't listen to Shannonside is not because of Willie (who has done a power of work with underage teams in Ros) but excerpts from Longford games and some really irritating co-commentator. Get yer own radio station banjo playing inbreds.

Rossfan

Stick to ye're cowboy music and leave football to us. :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Rudi on March 01, 2016, 10:07:29 AM

Another bitter gobda local. The reason I can't listen to Shannonside is not because of Willie (who has done a power of work with underage teams in Ros) but excerpts from Longford games and some really irritating co-commentator. Get yer own radio station banjo playing inbreds.

Charming...........really charming. Showing the class that most some Roscommon posters here are noted for.

For the record Liam Tierney does drone on a bit (and his accent is almost Tom Cruise Longford) - but he was a top footballer in the late 70s/early 80s and played for Ireland in the Aussie rules fights in Croke Park of the mid 80s.

Rudi

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 01, 2016, 10:43:55 AM
Quote from: Rudi on March 01, 2016, 10:07:29 AM

Charming...........really charming. Showing the class that most some Roscommon posters here are noted for.

For the record Liam Tierney does drone on a bit (and his accent is almost Tom Cruise Longford) - but he was a top footballer in the late 70s/early 80s and played for Ireland in the Aussie rules fights in Croke Park of the mid 80s.

No - the class most Rossie supporters are known for here are commenting positively on good results Longford have got over the years such as u21 wins over Dublin etc. Unlike the snide drivel you post about the bus et al. If you have nothing decent to say don't post.

seafoid

It 8s super to see the neighbours giving Bhfaca to to Cork and Kerry. I hope the good form continues into the summer and results in a quarter final at least. We need a Connacht all Ireland.

Shamrock Shore

Rudi

If you can quote what insult I posted about the Roscommon bus (I goan even typing that) we will compare it to the vile nonsense you posted earlier today and let the forum decide which is good natured slagging and which is vile abuse.

Ok - deal?

Main Street

I thought the biggest insult was delivered Liam Tierney's way, about his authentic Longford culchie accent being as fake as a Tom Cruise effort.