Who can stop Roscommon?

Started by macdanger2, January 25, 2015, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Counties should celebrate what they can - god knows the opportunities don't come around too often. I was delighted when Donegal won the McKenna cup a few years back, as at that time, it looked like it might be all we would win for some time to come.

Can't stand the desire some people have to belittle people's achievements. Ros could go on and win AI's or they might not win anything for 20 years; either way, I hope they celebrate their FBD victory and don't feel too cool to.

Rossfan

I think it's a case of "nice to win it but..." with us lot.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 26, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
Maybe there is something stirring Rossfan. It's not going to happen overnight but ye do have some good skillful players and  are due a good run because it has been a while since the last one.   

Matt Williams is interesting on twitter talking about rugby. I saw one tweet of his about NZ- he said they have skill, energy and razor sharp intent. If Evans can hone the skills and intent ye could do a lot of damage.

Syferus

Niall looked a bit embarrassed having to lift a trophy in January. He'd turned his attentions to the Cavan game before his speech was over.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on January 26, 2015, 12:10:19 PM
Maybe there is something stirring Rossfan. It's not going to happen overnight but ye do have some good skillful players and  are due a good run because it has been a while since the last one.   

Matt Williams is interesting on twitter talking about rugby. I saw one tweet of his about NZ- he said they have skill, energy and razor sharp intent. If Evans can hone the skills and intent ye could do a lot of damage.
They could indeed. Most likely to themselves as usual I can tell ye the rest of us poor effers are doomed, double-damn doomed this year.
At least the Chinese think so and there's too many of them to disagree with.
According to them, this has to be the Rossies' year.

Isn't it the Year of the Sheep?
Don't believe me?
Go ahead; check it out.
They could indeed. Most likely to themselves as usual I can tell ye the rest of us poor effers are doomed, double-damn doomed this year.
At least the Chinese think so and there's too many of them to disagree with.
According to them, this has to be the Rossies' year.

Isn't it the Year of the Sheep?
Don't believe me?
Go ahead;
check it out. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

deiseach

Screw Roscommon, the 2015 McGrath Cup winners are on the march. Sam Maguire, here we come!

ross4life

Deja vu or maybe the two Ms muppet & Macdanger2 are related & think alike.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=17440.0

Lar still having that unhealthy obsession with sheep i see  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

blanketattack

I think the only solution is to split Roscommon in two. Is there any obvious way to divide the county?

Syferus

Quote from: blanketattack on January 26, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
I think the only solution is to split Roscommon in two. Is there any obvious way to divide the county?

It's already split in two.

muppet

Roscommon's momentum reminds me of Donegal in 2012. By the quarter finals Joe Brolly will be proclaiming that no one will stop them.

Maybe time to start the 2016 thread?
MWWSI 2017

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: muppet on January 26, 2015, 10:00:04 PM
Roscommon's momentum reminds me of Donegal in 2012. By the quarter finals Joe Brolly will be proclaiming that no one will stop them.

Maybe time to start the 2016 thread?
funny, but you could probably say that for Mayo every year.
some Mayoites on here have a very big chip on their shoulder.

fair play to Roscommon. Coming from a small club and player number base they seem to be building for the future

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 26, 2015, 07:30:35 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on January 26, 2015, 07:23:16 PM

It's already split in two.

Correct; the other half is called Westmeath.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on January 26, 2015, 10:39:15 PM
It's Ballagh   >:(
Yeehaaw!
It is indeed and so it shall remain for another six generations! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on January 26, 2015, 10:39:15 PM
It's Ballagh   >:(

Nah. Like we cannot accept some old civil servant from the congested district board redrawing a boundary. We all know the mess the colonials made of drawing borders - and not just in Ireland.
Africa with its straight line borders with no consideration for man or beast. India and Pakistan divided by an engineer in a shed with a map and 1 million killed as they ran a gauntlet across a divide drawn on paper.
What amazes me is that Rossies get annoyed about Ballagh. We re the ones that should be pissed off. A part of the county rejigged for social reasons by people who would regard football as quaint at best, and ye expect that to be reason they should play for Roscommon ::)