Who can stop Roscommon?

Started by macdanger2, January 25, 2015, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 26, 2015, 11:34:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 26, 2015, 10:39:15 PM
It's Ballagh   >:(

Nah. Like we cannot accept some old civil servant from the congested district board redrawing a boundary. We all know the mess the colonials made of drawing borders - and not just in Ireland.
Africa with its straight line borders with no consideration for man or beast. India and Pakistan divided by an engineer in a shed with a map and 1 million killed as they ran a gauntlet across a divide drawn on paper.
What amazes me is that Rossies get annoyed about Ballagh. We re the ones that should be pissed off. A part of the county rejigged for social reasons by people who would regard football as quaint at best, and ye expect that to be reason they should play for Roscommon ::)

The best Ballagh player there has ever been has a father that is such a true Rossie he won't even shout for Mayo when his son plays. Says it all about where even the poor players' hearts are really.

Chimley

I've been convinced for a few years now that the Rossies were on the rise again and I still remember the late 70s when the primrose and blue ruled Connacht and gave us nightmares to last the winter. Now they've had a succession of very good minor and U21 teams and the key is to get these performing at a senior level.
I thought they were very disappointing last year in the defeat to Armagh as they were second best in so many areas that day but the signs are good this year so far  It's a bit early to be showing your hand though and giving both Mayo and Galway a bit of a trimming in January will be remembered come June.
Still they will know that the true barometer of their current standing is that Armagh defeat and they'll be trying to keep momentum going through the league. It's important for young players to get into a winning habit as that breeds the confidence that's needed when games are in the melting pot.

Shrewdness

Chimley, it's no harm to show your hand in January, as long as you have another one up your sleeve to produce in June/July!!. Donie Shine back in contention.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on January 26, 2015, 02:05:54 PM
Screw Roscommon, the 2015 McGrath Cup winners are on the march. Sam Maguire, here we come!

I see the Waterford senior football and hurling draws were made last night, and the names were drawn out of the McGrath Cup. I got a kick out of that. Fair play to them..

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2015, 12:37:51 PM
Screw Roscommon, the 2015 McGrath Cup winners are on the march. Sam Maguire, here we come!

I see the Waterford senior football and hurling draws were made last night, and the names were drawn out of the McGrath Cup. I got a kick out of that. Fair play to them..

Wonder what the hurling side of the house thought of that, especially given how football constantly seems to get the short straw in Waterford?

When's the last time the Waterford hurlers got any piece of silverware?

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on January 27, 2015, 01:19:02 AM

Nah. Like we cannot accept some old civil servant from the congested district board redrawing a boundary. We all know the mess the colonials made of drawing borders - and not just in Ireland.
Africa with its straight line borders with no consideration for man or beast. India and Pakistan divided by an engineer in a shed with a map and 1 million killed as they ran a gauntlet across a divide drawn on paper.
What amazes me is that Rossies get annoyed about Ballagh. We re the ones that should be pissed off. A part of the county rejigged for social reasons by people who would regard football as quaint at best, and ye expect that to be reason they should play for Roscommon ::)

The best Ballagh player there has ever been has a father that is such a true Rossie he won't even shout for Mayo when his son plays. Says it all about where even the poor players' hearts are really.

More absolute bullsh*t from you as usual, if Moran was just a true Rossie and wanted to play for them why didn't he do what James Kilcullen did?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2015, 12:37:51 PM

Class
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

moysider

Who was the last team to win Sam outa division 2?
It ll be some achievement.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on January 27, 2015, 06:08:34 PM

Who was the last team to win Sam outa division 2?
It ll be some achievement.
Armagh and Donegal got very close last September. It will be some achievement if Roscommon win Connacht this summer.

sligoman2

We shouldn't even bother turning up in June against this Juggernaut.  Hen again we have a habit of winning games when we are massive underdogs.

Let's see what the league throws up
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

weareros

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on January 27, 2015, 12:50:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 27, 2015, 01:19:02 AM

More absolute bullsh*t from you as usual, if Moran was just a true Rossie and wanted to play for them why didn't he do what James Kilcullen did?

Kilcullen's transfer to Sligo was declared legal because his family is from Sligo. As far as I know it is not legal to declare for Roscommon if your family is from Ballaghaderreen even though Ballaghaderreen is in Roscomnon. It's in Mayo for GAA purposes. Sean Kilbride for example could not represent Roscommon until he moved residence from Ballaghaderreen. That said I think Roscommon GAA should test the waters here for players whose allegiance is Roscommon.

giveballaghback

Well moysider I have some information that will put a slightly different light on the Ballagh issue,
now as far as I can see your position is the some old cronie decided to transfer Ballagh from Mayo to the Rossies years ago for whatever reason and Mayo are entitled to hold on to it regardless,but heres the thing,this old cronie did not stop there, in the very same local government act the town of Ballina was transferred from Sligo to Mayo, I accept you are a person of principle moysider so get out your black and white flag and start waving, oh and jinking Joe was a Sligoman. Check your history.

weareros

Ye should be very grateful to the English when they drew the county boundaries. They gave yereselves and Galway the two biggest picks in Connacht.

muppet

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 27, 2015, 07:38:15 PM
Well moysider I have some information that will put a slightly different light on the Ballagh issue,
now as far as I can see your position is the some old cronie decided to transfer Ballagh from Mayo to the Rossies years ago for whatever reason and Mayo are entitled to hold on to it regardless,but heres the thing,this old cronie did not stop there, in the very same local government act the town of Ballina was transferred from Sligo to Mayo, I accept you are a person of principle moysider so get out your black and white flag and start waving, oh and jinking Joe was a Sligoman. Check your history.

First post and completely false information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_(Ireland)_Act_1898

Check your history.

Ardnaree is not 'the town of Ballina'.

MWWSI 2017

giveballaghback

Getting excited there muppet, well heres the thing, now that you admit that Mayo held on to one club[ardnaree] while claiming their right to hold on to ballagh proves my point, did you see my last line,
Jinkin joe {from ardnaree} is a sligoman, you took the bate like a true muppet and proceeded to prove my point, so maybe yere justification for holding on to ballagh is coming back to bite ye after all.