Change one historical GAA event

Started by Orior, April 18, 2007, 12:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: willo on April 18, 2007, 05:54:57 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 18, 2007, 12:10:30 PM
If there was one event in GAA history that you could go back and change what would it be?

While Armagh's semi-final defeats in 1999 and 2000 were hard to take, I'd like to go back and undo Diarmuid Marsdens sending off in the 2003 AI Final.
I would love to back to the start and tell those idiots who started this bigoted organisation to think again.Let the masses play a real game like soccer like it is done throughout the world and we would all be happier.

gobshite ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Never impose the ban

Move that goal post  1 inch  in 2002
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

willo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 18, 2007, 06:31:32 PM
Quote from: willo on April 18, 2007, 05:54:57 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 18, 2007, 12:10:30 PM
If there was one event in GAA history that you could go back and change what would it be?

While Armagh's semi-final defeats in 1999 and 2000 were hard to take, I'd like to go back and undo Diarmuid Marsdens sending off in the 2003 AI Final.
I would love to back to the start and tell those idiots who started this bigoted organisation to think again.Let the masses play a real game like soccer like it is done throughout the world and we would all be happier.
Rovers till the end..stay out of tallaght and play a real game..clowns

gobshite ::)

highfielder

stop that bounce of a ball that cost it for mayo oh it pains me even to think about it

Shamrock Shore

Love to go back in time and stand on the Hill in 1974 in the Leinster championship beside Jimmy Keaveny, who had retired, and convinced him that the Dubs are shite and not to even think of coming back, not matter what Kevin Heffernan said  ;)

armaghniac

QuoteLove to go back in time and stand on the Hill in 1974 in the Leinster championship beside Jimmy Keaveny, who had retired, and convinced him that the Dubs are shite and not to even think of coming back, not matter what Kevin Heffernan said

Shamrock Shore, a lot of Armagh people would have to agree with that one!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fishead_Sam

willo

Re: Change one historical GAA event
« Reply #44 on: Today at 05:54:57 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Orior on Today at 12:10:30 PM

Ya far better to join an organisation that gives you
Celtic V Rangers
Shamrock Rovers Ultras
Millwall
English Soccer Fans
Turkish Soccer Fans
Italian Soccer Fans
Dutch Soccer Fans
German Soccer Fans
Racist Spanish Soccer
Norn Iron Soccer Fans

Ya Id much rather be part of this Non-Bigoted Hari-Krishna organisation.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteShamrock Shore, a lot of Armagh people would have to agree with that one!

Orior - when you put it like that.......Jimmy, Jimmy, see Heffo over there.....listen to the man and do what he asks.... ;)

deiseach

Paul Flynn's last-puck-of-the-game free in the 1998 Munster final. All of 100m out and it couldn't have been been more two metres wide. It still brings a tear to my eye to think how much craic we had that year and it would have been just perfect had we won something. As it was, players like Sean Cullinane, Billy O'Sullivan and Stephen Frampton would not be there four years later when we finally did it. If only for their sakes, I'd like to change that

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSean Kelly would never have become president. For two reasons
1 Not concerned with the decision to open up Croke Park, but the way he failed to defend the Ulster counties during the media campaign which portrayed us as bigots was a disgrace. He failed to articulate the fact where the 26 counties can look to the Dail as its ultimate symbol of the Irish nation, it doesn't apply to us (6 northern counties) and Croke Park is our ultimate symbol of the Irish nation. That was where during the last 90 years we could stand proud as an Irish man with out looking over our shoulders for a baton, plastic bullet etc. He was the whole organization's president and not a 26 county pres. He failed to identify the importance of the symbolism of Croke Park to Ulster counties esp. the 6 northern counties

2 His sinister involvement in the scuppering of the NY RIGGs project. Whereby with sheer greed, he along with Brennan, Quinn and Hannahoe collectively ensured the only way of protecting the GAA in NY was lost. I mean lads, on one hand he was for opening up Croke Park, at the same time he wouldn't allow the NY GAA share future grounds with soccer and rugby, in the most diverse city in the world.

No morals, no back bone no loyalty, that's our Sean Kelly

The war is over. Japan lost. You can come out of your cave now.

Pangurban

thewingedlady

I know its been said a lot, bt wud really have liked to seen how the game wudda went in '05 if JK hadnt taken off McGeeney. Cavanagh's equaliser still wrankles.

Also, that block in '03.

CSC

Mike
Come out of my cave, I was never in one, but Sean Kelly hasn't come out of his. Did you read the post? I am in favour for opening up Croke Park, as well as sharing grounds with soccer and rugby in NY, but surprisingly, Kelly while publicly campaigning for soccer and rugby playing in Croke Park, at the same time was actively campaigning for no ground sharing with them in NY which resulted in the program collapsing.
Our love of Croke Park and its deeper meaning to us should have been respected, and defended. Instead we were subjected to a nasty public media campaign, to which our leader said...... typical politician, didn't have the interest of the GAA at heart, only his future job interests.
The war is over? Easy to say in Kerry, not as easy to say however in North Belfast, South Derry, SW Antrim etc etc. I notice you mention WWII, not the troubles. Typical.

No back bone, no morals, no loyalty, Sean Kelly's legacy as CLG pres

Ethan Edwards

Tony Davis's sending off in the our AIF final victory over Cork, it was a real injustice on a good hard clean footballer and  Niall Cahalane getting off scot free the dity hour  >:(
That'll Be The Day

Mike Sheehy

I might have some sympathy for your sensitivities if you didnt pepper your arguments with personal  insults for Sean Kelly....