R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 30, 2014, 03:01:47 PM
Seriously BennyH do you think we could beat Monaghan this time around in Clones?
I think they'll have a lot more belief now than they had the first day and I'd rather have steered clear of them until later.
Saying that I'd say they're not exactly delighted to see us 7 days after losing to the Orangemen with flag issues.

Fuzz, why not? I'd always be fairly optimistic and think Tyrone can beat most teams on a good day bar maybe Dublin (and Cork who always seem to have our number). Obviously the Monaghan lads would rightly be confident too, but I think we played poorly in the last game, yet were only a kick of the ball (one Morgan would normally kick in his sleep) away from a draw. Mickey usually has a good record in replays (we can consider this a replay) and generally gets things right second time round. I genuinely think we have loads of scope for improvement and if things click and we get our match ups right then we are most definitely a match for Monaghan. Armagh could be more difficult though. ;) Either way, it is a big game - the more big games we get, the better it will stand to us if we do manage to progress. And if we get beat by either of these two teams then we just aren't good enough anyway and we can get on with the club championship and it will save a few pounds in petrol (and air fares for me) travelling around Ireland, stringing out a season with facile wins over a Carlow or a Clare only to get thumped by the first good team we meet in Croker again. So all in all a good draw in my opinion.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Pros for playing Monaghan:

Revenge. Can't get enough Dick.

Cons v Monaghan:

They have that Indian Monkey off their backs now

Pros for playing Armagh:

We've beaten them 433 times since the 2002 first round game.
They're no good.
McKeever will get sent off.

Cons:

None really.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

I wish I shared your optimism BH but to be honest I think we're in decline for a while now.

We can't beat Donegal the last 3 years, we can't beat any of the big guns like Dubs, Mayo, Cork or Kerry and are now struggling to beat Monaghan who should have been out of sight v us the last day.

Yes we played poorly and got within a point but I think a bit like playing Donegal we just can't break down that sort of defensive system.
All our forwards really struggled to find space and beat their man.
We showed last year we can beat some decent teams like Kildare and the Rossies but I'm afraid we're already just not good enough.

Where do you fly over from in the UK? Have you got sky now?

illdecide

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2014, 04:42:14 PM
Pros for playing Monaghan:

Revenge. Can't get enough Dick.

Cons v Monaghan:

They have that Indian Monkey off their backs now

Pros for playing Armagh:

They're no good.

Cons:

None really.

Lol...very good O'Neill, what a guy. I won't take the bait saan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fuzzman

This marching behind the wrong colour flag seems to go back a long way

general_lee

It's win-win for Armagh.

Beat Monaghan and we're in an Ulster final.

Lose and we get to watch Ciaran McKeever bully Sean Cavanagh

Agent Orange

Sorry about the 2005 Ulster final, we won't mention the cheating in 2003 ;)

Surely the ref will see through Tyrones diving?

But aren't we getting ahead of ourselves, Armagh have bigger fish to fry, in the Ulster final.

Armamike

Tyrone posters here are rightly confident to be possibly playing Armagh more so than Monaghan. The drubbing in January and the defeats the past few years will have Armagh mentally fragile, plus Tyrone are just playing at a higher level than Armagh. It's a good tie for Tyrone. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

EC Unique

Quote from: Armamike on June 30, 2014, 06:33:28 PM
Tyrone posters here are rightly confident to be possibly playing Armagh more so than Monaghan. The drubbing in January and the defeats the past few years will have Armagh mentally fragile, plus Tyrone are just playing at a higher level than Armagh. It's a good tie for Tyrone.

I agree. Fully expect Monaghan to win replay. Then I expect Tyrone to give Armagh a bit of a lesson.

Kidder81

Quote from: EC Unique on June 30, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

I agree. Fully expect Monaghan to win replay. Then I expect Tyrone to give Armagh a bit of a lesson.

You probably expected Tyrone to give Monaghan a lesson too.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 30, 2014, 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 30, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

You probably expected Tyrone to give Monaghan a lesson too.

He probably expected  Errigal to do the same to Clonoe  ;)

WT4E

Lmao KYMI u love following EC about giving him guff. Bit like R Patrick did to petey in the champo!!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

EC Unique

ONeill

Quote from: Agent Orange on June 30, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

Sorry about the 2005 Ulster final, we won't mention the cheating in 2003 ;)

Yea, well done. Massive achievement.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.