R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Is it on Sky......If not....why not?  :P

Tyrone Dreamer

Is the 12th July in Omagh this year - not sure what they'll do with the fixture if Tyrone are at home. Its a joke Monaghan get home advantage even through Tyrone came out first considering Monaghan got home advantage last time - who comes up with these ridiculous rules!

Aristo 60

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 30, 2014, 09:30:26 AM
Is the 12th July in Omagh this year - not sure what they'll do with the fixture if Tyrone are at home. Its a joke Monaghan get home advantage even through Tyrone came out first considering Monaghan got home advantage last time - who comes up with these ridiculous rules!

I think County Down did - after beating Derry in Celtic Park last year and then being asked to go and do it again in Celtic Park.

Armaghgeddon

God14

Cutting to the chase them, Tyrone v Armagh in Omagh on Saturday 12th July

Its a big ask for Armagh to play 3 consecutive weekends, with only a 6 day turnaround after loosing provincial semi final.

EC Unique

armaghniac

Quote from: God14 on June 30, 2014, 09:51:38 AM
Its a big ask for Armagh to play 3 consecutive weekends, with only a 6 day turnaround after loosing provincial semi final.

Our strategy was to keep 3 of our best men fresh by not playing them in the first game, so ensuring that we win the second game and don't need the third one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 30, 2014, 09:39:16 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 30, 2014, 09:30:26 AM

I think County Down did - after beating Derry in Celtic Park last year and then being asked to go and do it again in Celtic Park.

I can see the logic in that case. But in this case Monaghan had home advantage the first time round so not sure why they should get it again. Considering their recent record in Clones I'm sure home advantage was a factor in their first round win. Just doesn't seem right that they should automatically be entitled to it again when Tyrone came out 1st. We'd be them second time round wherever it is so doesn't really matter but just seems silly.

Club Rossa

I think this is a great draw for Tyrone,a chance for revenge over Monaghan or a meeting with our bitter rivals Armagh.If that doesn't fire up the players nothing will.I wouldn't have any worries about going to Clones again,if we're good enough we'll beat them no matter where it's at.Much rather have that than playing Clare or Roscommon.

We just need to keep Stevie off the bike for the next 2 weeks and we'll be grand.

rrhf

Toughest draw Tyrone could have got. They are playing below the level of both these teams judging by the last 2 weeks football.  It's a game Tyrone can win but i believe we are the 3rd 4th best team in ulster never mind the all Ireland.   Still the big win' at the weekend might change the dynamic a little.

Captain Obvious

I hear Monaghan fancy a rematch with Tyrone.

under the bar

Armagh will no doubt hope to close the 24 point gap from their last day out against Tyrone.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2014, 10:51:50 AM
Armagh will no doubt hope to close the 24 point gap from their last day out against Tyrone.

We got the point the first time you posted it!

omagh_gael

Monaghan get home advantage as rules have changed this year. If two teams meet in qualifiers that have met in their province the team that  won the provincial game automatically get home advantage.

haveaharp

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 30, 2014, 10:55:02 AM
Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2014, 10:51:50 AM

We got the point the first time you posted it!

Should be renamed "behind the bar", silly child.