R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Surely not.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shrewdness

Put Up That Flag

Aaron Boone

Roscommon got closer last year and will surely get over the line this time. Doubt if it will be on tv but will be an entertaining clash.

cadhlancian

Put some more turf on that fire Mary Ann !

Fuzzman

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 29, 2014, 08:58:50 AM
It will be Down or Monaghan

It won't be Down as they're not in the b section of the qualifiers. It has to be Monaghan/Armagh,Kildare/Meath,Roscommon or Clare. So could well be a very tricky tie.

It was a disappointing first half from Tyrone yesterday. We were only 2 up at half time when should have been a lot more but for a lack of composure. Then had an excellent 15 minute spell after half time. But the inconsistency and flatness in parts of games thats been a huge problem all year. This is summed up best by Peter Harte. He had a poor first half (possibly contributed to by an early knock) and was jogging back when they were on the attack and showing no urgency to get back and defend (same thing has happened in other games). Then he was very good in the second half and really attacked the game. If he would take the game on more like that he could be a top half back.

A lot of boys who didn't play well in the first half when we were going poor had really good second halfs when the pressure was off. Changes are definitely needed in the half forward line. McKenna got a great goal in the second half and scored another point but doesnt win enough ball and does stupid things under pressure. That will hopefully improve with time but can't see it improving enough this year. McGinley looked good in the second half but again doesnt win enough ball. He does work hard though and can run all day. McGuigan also improved as the game went on, probably deserves another go.

PJ had a good game on his return to the game and I thought McNamee did ok at full back. Strange that Gormley and Coney weren't seen yesterday. But it has always been Harte's way over the years to bring boys in and out and I suppose if nothing else it keeps the panel on their toes. If Harte was naming a similar 15 every week the people on giving out about lack of settled selection would be on giving out about having a large panel and boys not a getting game time and why they're there.

McAliskey showed well yesterday and Donnelly was very good going forward. I do have some concerns about the shape of the team though. I'd nearly like to see a McMahon or Gormley at centre half back and Donnelly given a free role from some where as it would give the full back line more cover. People were very critical of O'Neill the last day but he showed well yesterday. I still think if he could stay fit for the next month and Tyrone made it to the quarter finals that he would still have a lot to offer. He had a great league last year but never got fully fit after.

rrhf

By god we have some Indian sign over the rossies. 

north down

Quote from: rrhf on June 29, 2014, 09:33:50 AM
By god we have some Indian sign over the rossies.

Tis true, but then up until a fortnight ago Tyrone had some Indian sign over Monaghan.

ONeill

Syferus

ONeill

Syferus

omagh_gael

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!