Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Westside

Congratulations to Roscommon today, a fine footballing side and Murtagh looks like he'll be a superstar. It might help our cause next Saturday evening.

Syferus

Lovely free carton on the those Cadbury's chocolate moose eggs for the brave souls that made it in early.

Jaysus, it was a lovely day altogether.

Commiserations to the Cavan lads, you have the best young backs in the entire country.

Zulu

Don't know if Murtagh or Smith will be superstars, both looked very one sided to me and that's a bad sign at this level, you have to be two footed at senior.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2014, 06:53:49 PM
Don't know if Murtagh or Smith will be superstars, both looked very one sided to me and that's a bad sign at this level, you have to be two footed at senior.

Both players can score from either side. Murtagh plays on the wrong side at senior and has done similar to what he did today against senior teams. All from a player that was playing minor last September.

Actually thought Murt had a slow start and should have at least one goal but he showed up when it mattered most. He's automatic in the big moments. Donie's just back from injury, he was what Murt is this year the last two years and is only touching on his best again now.

Blowitupref

Quote from: theticklemister on April 19, 2014, 06:41:12 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 19, 2014, 06:33:04 PM
McCafferty the county man but the No.5 on the other side seems to be a better player than him, the no.6 is fairly decent too, I can see why the dubs go on about Costello, looks a dangerous player, Mannion was poor enough,  Roscommon to me will start favourites and if the dubs kick as many wides the next day Roscommon will will it

think about it..............

1.Roscommon played excellent football
2.The ref gave them everything
3.Cork were dreadful

.......... And they only won by a point.

I think the Dubs have more in the locker
roscommon conceded 3-12 that's far from playing excellent though fully deserved the win. Cavan had beating of Dublin they just didn't have the forwards hard luck to them
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

I've watched Donie for a few years now and he's very impressive, Murtagh is less well known to me but was class today. However, both seemed very reluctant to shoot on the weaker foot and it's an area they need to improve if they want to be senior footballers of note. Neither were a Brian Hurley today.

Itchy

Load of bull westside. Buying frees, what are you on about? The game was lost due to Dillon seeing black card and Dublin's 13 not. Also moynaghs injury was huge turning point.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2014, 07:05:23 PM
I've watched Donie for a few years now and he's very impressive, Murtagh is less well known to me but was class today. However, both seemed very reluctant to shoot on the weaker foot and it's an area they need to improve if they want to be senior footballers of note. Neither were a Brian Hurley today.

Brian Hurley is a superstar now?

Every player has a dominant foot. What I love about Murtagh is his composure. He gets the ball and he rarely rushes it if nothing is on. His talent on frees is obvious but he can also play-make from the wing, not least the game breaking one he set up for Conor Daly against Sligo this year. The lad's barely hit 19. All he needs to do is keep working hard and he has a very bright future.

Drummerboy

Quote from: Itchy on April 19, 2014, 07:14:14 PM
Load of bull westside. Buying frees, what are you on about? The game was lost due to Dillon seeing black card and Dublin's 13 not. Also moynaghs injury was huge turning point.

If you seen the incident on TV, the Cavan player clearly has a hold of Dublin No 13s jersey and hauls him to the ground with him.

Dubs were very poor in first half. I think Cavan only scored one point in 2nd half.

Zulu

QuoteBrian Hurley is a superstar now?

Every player has a dominant foot. What I love about Murtagh is his composure. He gets the ball and he rarely rushes it if nothing is on. His talent on frees is obvious but he can also play-make from the wing, not least the game breaking one he set up for Conor Daly against Sligo this year. The lad's barely hit 19. All he needs to do is keep working hard and he has a very bright future.

Brian Hurley has been been a star for a while now. I hope the two boys become huge stars but today they looked a bit one-sided. I they are not, then great, if they are then they need to work on it.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hard luck to the genuine Cavan buckos.............................. some of your players and fans  :-X desperate stuff

Westside

Dillon deserved to go, stupid tackle in the corner. Moynagh pulled the Dublin player down along with him and was lucky not to see black himself. Fortune dived for a free. We didn't have it up front to win, simple as that. Game was in the melting pot and we didn't have a go to forward. Cian Byrne took a Hail Mary, Graham kicked with his bad foot from an area he was never going to score from, Moynagh with a crazy decision tried to hit a ball from the outside of his right almost on the end line to the left of goal and was blocked down.

Besides that, the ref was shite. Costello goes down on Brady with his knees right in front of the ref and ref does nothing. Dubious use of the advantage rule for the winning score and the worst of all, blowing up right at 2 minutes in injury time when there had been an injury within that time. He was bad. But we lost that game ourselves.

The Hill is Blue

Well done Dubs for a really dogged performance – it's become a feature of Dublin teams at all levels.

However, you'll really need to raise your game if you are to stand a chance against Roscommon who are a class team.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Jinxy

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

True, at one point in the 2nd half Murtagh was forced onto his right, straight in front of goal and about 30m out.
Did not look happy and dropped it short.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Westside

From the 40 odd players today, some of whom have All Ireland medals, Murtagh was by far the best player on show.