Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Shrewdness

The whinging and crying from Sligonian and Galway Bay Boy is nauseating. Neither one of them had a word to contribute in the weeks beforehand. Now they turn into spokesmen for Cork by blaming the referee because their neighbouring county have reached an All Ireland Final. Have ye nothing to say about Murtagh's ten points, about what was a mighty game. After the game, 2 Cork men sitting in front of me, shook my hand as they got up to go home. They wished us luck in the final and said the best team won today. Gracious to the last. Then i log on here to see two of our neighbours attributing our win to the referee.

Walter Cronc

Cavan have some excellent players there, notably 8 and 15. I don't know why they are set up so defensively.

The Cavan fans cheering when Mannion missed a free is a bit much. It's u21 ffs.

Syferus

C'mon the Cavan buckaroos. Seriously good defensive team, they read the game beautifully. Even though the inside forwards are undersized and out-numbered they have the beating of their men.

Genuinely want Cavan to win and it has nothing to do with playing us - if anything I think we 'd match up better against Dublin's style of play.

mjg

Your surely not surprised by those two are you shredness?

Zulu

Ah in fairness Shrewdness it was the standout feature when watching the game. In saying that, Roscommon undoubtedly deserved to win and were the better team. It was also a cracking game and I can well understand the joy Roscommon fans feel at the moment but the ref was tough on Cork, of that there is no doubt. I hope ye win it and I was delighted ye beat Cork today but, as a neutral, the ref gave a few handy ones.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 19, 2014, 05:14:01 PM
The whinging and crying from Sligonian and Galway Bay Boy is nauseating. Neither one of them had a word to contribute in the weeks beforehand. Now they turn into spokesmen for Cork by blaming the referee because their neighbouring county have reached an All Ireland Final. Have ye nothing to say about Murtagh's ten points, about what was a mighty game. After the game, 2 Cork men sitting in front of me, shook my hand as they got up to go home. They wished us luck in the final and said the best team won today. Gracious to the last. Then i log on here to see two of our neighbours attributing our win to the referee.

Wind your neck in. I couldn't care less who won. I don't even like Cork ffs. However IN MY OPINION they came out on the wrong side of a lot of refereeing decisions during the 2nd half of that game. It happens. Who cares? Ye won. Go out and celebrate in the good weather.

As for not saying a word before now. I'm only commentating today because the game is televised.  I hadn't seen any other U-21's games before today. That OK with you?

Sidney

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2014, 04:21:01 PM
What a finish!!!! But the ref really screwed Cork. Ros the better team over the 60 minutes but ref made some very poor calls especially at vital stages.
The free in midfield in the lead up to the winning point, not the free for the pick up with the knees, was the one Cork should be arguing about, because that was an awful decision.

However Dan MacEoin stole at least three yards for Cork's free kick goal and it should have been retaken.

Roscommon were clearly the better team and deserved to win.

our_fella

Cavan 2 up @ HT, and still 6/4 to win with Boylesports!

Throw ball

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2014, 04:21:01 PM
What a finish!!!! But the ref really screwed Cork. Ros the better team over the 60 minutes but ref made some very poor calls especially at vital stages.

Agree

joemamas

in fairness the ref was brutal, and while Roscommon were the better team for the hour, three frees that led to points for them after the cork cam from fantom fouls. in addition, the free that was awarded at midfield after the Cork equalizing goal was equally mind boggling.

however, if i were a Roscommon man, I would be very happy in the knowledge that at least six of those players appear to be good enough for senior.

Zulu

Wing backs Brady (Cavan) and Lowndes (Dublin) are the two outstanding players here today but the game is poor overall.

Zulu

Wildweasel74

never heard As much booing at free takers in a u-21 game and its not the dubs,show some class!!

GalwayBayBoy

Ref is getting some pelters walking off the field.

Wildweasel74

Showing all your class at the end there lads!! oops