Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

INDIANA

Quote from: Itchy on April 19, 2014, 07:14:14 PM
Load of bull westside. Buying frees, what are you on about? The game was lost due to Dillon seeing black card and Dublin's 13 not. Also moynaghs injury was huge turning point.

You lost the game because you played negative football for the whole game. That was a victory for Gaelic Football today. You had two inside forwards who were taking the Dublin full back line to the cleaners and you refused to kick it into them more often.

We were very poor and probably deserved to lose. But Cavan lost the game due to the ridiculous tactics they employed today. Had they pushed on in the last 10 minutes and shown an ounce of conviction thye'd have won the game. Nothing to do with the ref.

Anyway we'll be raging underdogs in the final. Hard to see us beating Roscommon really but sure we'll travrel anyway and try and give them a game.

Roscommon's to lose really. Hope the hype doesn't get to them.

Westside

Quit talking bollox Indiana, our defensive plan kept us in the game for so long, Dublin played more defensively in the second half and we couldn't get our inside forwards on the ball. We didn't have the complete set of forwards to win it. You sound like Pat Spillane.

Also when you say "we'll travel" will you just be taking the one car again or will you and the other supporter from today go separately?

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on April 19, 2014, 08:07:01 PM
From the 40 odd players today, some of whom have All Ireland medals, Murtagh was by far the best player on show.

And the poor lad's hammy has been bothering him!

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on April 19, 2014, 08:16:48 PM
Quit talking bollox Indiana, our defensive plan kept us in the game for so long, Dublin played more defensively in the second half and we couldn't get our inside forwards on the ball. We didn't have the complete set of forwards to win it. You sound like Pat Spillane.

Also when you say "we'll travel" will you just be taking the one car again or will you and the other supporter from today go separately?

Its not bollox at all. I'm not reinventing the wheel here- but you were 2 up with 9 minutes to go and you were in the ascendency and you sat back and lost. No point using foul mouthed and abusive language towards the referee at the end of the game when you were solely responsible for you own downfall today. Your forwards were tearing us asunder in the first half.

As regards my travel arrangements for the final I heard a rumour today that a Cavan fan was spotted buying petrol in Portlaoise today.

dublin7

Quote from: Westside on April 19, 2014, 08:16:48 PM

Your sarcasam detector is clearly on the blink.

If the Dublin fans had carried on like those so called "Cavan fans" today they would have a thread of their own with people lining up to give them a kicking. Whatever about senior, but that was an U21 game for f**ks sake!

Dublin kicked a ridiculous amounts of wides & still won the game. Some of the first half wides were really poor.

Cavan's tactics played into dublin's hands towards the end. By playing so defensively with such a small lead is asking for trouble. Any team that plays so negatively is always going to be involved on close games. In the end Dublin had that bit more class/composure up front to get the job done.

Finally it's great for the Dublin lads to reach the final. Be a great day out for them & their friends/families. Hopefully they will play the game in Croke Park as Dublin will be huge underdogs against Roscommon. Also it"s difficult for dublin fans to find all these grounds around the country as they used to playing in Croker. Dublin Bus just can't be relied upon to get to anywhere outside the pale

Rossfan

Home at last and how does one make sense of that game today?
I suppose you could simplify it by saying we have good forwards( or just Murtagh as the Smiths weren't so hot today)  and a poor defence. Hopefully Conor D and Kelly will be available the next day.
We have some amount of work to do before we face Dublin who played poorly today, kicked a load of wides but still squeezed past a defensive minded to the point of being ridiculous Cavan who lost their way entirely in the 2nd half. Was it one point in the last 25 mins?
I wonder what does the lad who was running down Ros " They won a weak Connacht" think now.
We scored 1-19 against the much vaunted Munster champions while we could only get 0-19 against Leitrim ;) and was it 1-12 v Sligo.
Dublin roaring favourites and will probably get the game in Croke Park too just to make sure.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2014, 09:50:50 PM
I suppose you could simplify it by saying we have good forwards( or just Murtagh as the Smiths weren't so hot today)  and a poor defence. Hopefully Conor D and Kelly will be available the next day.
We have some amount of work to do before we face Dublin who played poorly today, kicked a load of wides but still squeezed past a defensive minded to the point of being ridiculous Cavan who lost their way entirely in the 2nd half. Was it one point in the last 25 mins?
I wonder what does the lad who was running down Ros " They won a weak Connacht" think now.
We scored 1-19 against the much vaunted Munster champions while we could only get 0-19 against Leitrim ;) and was it 1-12 v Sligo.
Dublin roaring favourites and will probably get the game in Croke Park too just to make sure.

Ná bac leis an mbéal bocht Rossfan. This is a very talented Roscommon team. I think that ye will do it. I hope so too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

you couldn't beat us in a provincial venue in 2012 so why not try somewhere new this time

Rossfan

Quote from: INDIANA on April 19, 2014, 10:10:25 PM
[Dublin roaring favourites and will probably get the game in Croke Park too just to make sure.

you couldn't beat us in a provincial venue in 2012 so why not try somewhere new this time
[/quote]

In 2012 Dublin simply had far more good players than we had, nothing to do with the venue.
If this year's Final was in Croker our lads' heads would be wrecked listening to talk about hoodooos and ya can't bate Dublin in Croker and Ros never win in Croker etc etc.
Today we started without any of our starting HB line v Mayowestros and it showed the way Cork were able to run through us in the second half. Also a lot of lads critical of the management not bringing on any fresh legs until the 61st minute.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

I think you might be referring to me there Rossfan, I said if you lost today you would just have won a weak Connacht. Which was true, Roscommon instead proved themselves to be a quality side who will, on today's performances, be favourites for the All Ireland. And best of luck to them.

I'm sure the GAA will stick the game in Croke Park. Give the Dubs a short journey and they might actually go to the game. Rossies will travel no matter where the game is. Dublin surely won't be as poor as they were today but they looked completely bereft of ideas for long periods today, kicked so many wides and wasted so much possession.

INDIANA

Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
[Dublin roaring favourites and will probably get the game in Croke Park too just to make sure.

In 2012 Dublin simply had far more good players than we had, nothing to do with the venue.
If this year's Final was in Croker our lads' heads would be wrecked listening to talk about hoodooos and ya can't bate Dublin in Croker and Ros never win in Croker etc etc.
Today we started without any of our starting HB line v Mayowestros and it showed the way Cork were able to run through us in the second half. Also a lot of lads critical of the management not bringing on any fresh legs until the 61st minute.
[/quote]

I've always maintained teams that can't beat Dublin in CP won't beat them outside of it either.

AI Finals should be in CP. Roscommon are plenty good enough to win. We've massive problems on the evidence of today. Cavan beat themselves we didn't beat them.

Syferus

Dublin won't want to play our sprinters on a pitch as big as Croker. Ye'll probably get it played on a Cumman Na mBunscol pitch.

Lavin can lay down in the goal and our defensive problems will be fixed.

ross4life

Well done to our lads, superb character shown today, the will to win, desire to succeed was second to none. How many teams would recover from the three sucker punch goals we conceded? and every one of them were easily avoidable. The full time scoreline does not give a fair reflection as we were at least five points better than that Cork team but hey who cares we won and have reached our 2nd U-21 Ireland in 3 years which is a fine achievement.

Reading over the posts here it seems we have a few begrudgers, i'll have to watch the game back tomorrow to see these so called soft frees but fcuk ye if we got a bit of luck on the day we more than deserved it. May the best team win is the saying in most team sports and that was certainly us on the day.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Well said Ross4 Life. By the way, your next post is your 10,000'th. Definitely a bit of begrudgery from a couple of neighbours, but that's their problem. I would describe the referee's performance as interesting. In the first half, he was a bit hasty in bringing a few Cork frees further up the field for what looked like little or nothing. Was a bit surprised we didn't make a bit more use of our subs bench. Hope some of our half backs will be over their injuries for the final.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Dublin won't want to play our sprinters on a pitch as big as Croker. Ye'll probably get it played on a Cumman Na mBunscol pitch.

Lavin can lay down in the goal and our defensive problems will be fixed.

with jack and a few others we'll take our chances. Play it in the carpark if you want syferus.