Doire v Tir Eoghain, Celtic Park, Sat 1st Feb & on Setanta Sports 1

Started by Fuzzman, January 22, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I'm the same Santa. These young lads deserve their chance and have done well so far this year. This game will do them the world of good, win, lose or draw. Mickey used to say you learn more usually from defeats but can you imagine how this young team would feel if they came away with a win.
Nothing to lose and loads to gain. I might be a fair weather supporter lately but I hope the game goes ahead.
Tyrone by one. ;-)

God14

Doubt very much this game will go ahead due to current & forecast weather conditions.
I predict an announcement that the game is definitely on circa 11am
...followed by a second announcement at 3pm that there is no way the game can be played.
(GAA style)

shawshank

Be very surprised if Celtic park isn't playable, it's a quality pitch, and failing that you can travel down the road to Owenbeg, another quality pitch with excellent spectator facilities.

J OGorman

Quote from: shawshank on January 31, 2014, 09:30:22 PM
Be very surprised if Celtic park isn't playable, it's a quality pitch, and failing that you can travel down the road to Owenbeg, another quality pitch with excellent spectator facilities.

No chance celtic wont be playable. I had a look at her today, looks superb as always

Fuzzman

i see Mattie has really filled out and is captain of UUJ. I see McBride is captain of St Marys as well. I hope with the new rules and our new young lads finally getting their chance that Mickey moves on from the defensive system and we can risk playing a more expansive game. Yeah our defence may be lacking especially in the full back line but we sure have some exciting forwards again.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 31, 2014, 11:13:10 PM
i see Mattie has really filled out and is captain of UUJ. I see McBride is captain of St Marys as well. I hope with the new rules and our new young lads finally getting their chance that Mickey moves on from the defensive system and we can risk playing a more expansive game. Yeah our defence may be lacking especially in the full back line but we sure have some exciting forwards again.

C Mc Kaigue is capt of UUJ.

Fuzzman

Maybe you're right cnoc but on page 18 of the Gaelic Life it shows Danny McBride captain of St Marys and Mattie captain of UUJ.
can't find it anywhere else though online, even the UUJ GAA website.

rodney trotter

They must rotate it. Donnelly was captain in the Ryan Cup final win against UCD. He wouldn't have played in the McKenna Cup being with Tyrone., Mc Kaigue must have been captain then, and followed on into Sigerson

shawshank

And that would also be the right thing, as he wouldn't play for the uni he was captain of, therefore he should not be captain in the sig.

EC Unique

Quote from: shawshank on February 01, 2014, 12:59:25 AM
And that would also be the right thing, as he wouldn't play for the uni he was captain of, therefore he should not be captain in the sig.

He will be gutted I'm sure.

God14

God14

Game goes ahead according to official derry GAA twitter

I'd still wait til 3pm though

on the sideline

Lads never been to a game in Celtic Park before but heading tonight. Any advice on where to park? Or anywhere to avoid?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: on the sideline on February 01, 2014, 10:16:49 AM
Lads never been to a game in Celtic Park before but heading tonight. Any advice on where to park? Or anywhere to avoid?

a hoor of a place to  get in and out off, unless you head around now and not in a hurry home !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012