24 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
25 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
26 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh

Fuzzman

For any of ye that haven't read the Tyrone team yet
Maybe big Sean is out of the 1st 26
Is Sparky or Penrose not there either?

Club Rossa

Looking at the respective teams,Derry are much stronger.Tyrone will struggle badly in this one.

tyroneman

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 30, 2014, 09:58:00 PM
Looking at the respective teams,Derry are much stronger.Tyrone will struggle badly in this one.

Well...if ever there was a time for the younger lads to stand up and be counted......

What's the story with Kyle Coney? Is he back training?

Club Rossa

No better a game to blood them.They'll soon find out what it's all about.
I don't actually know what the story is with Coney,I would guess he's a good bit away from featuring yet.

rrhf

Man Marker

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2014, 08:49:12 PM
What do you think of those corner backs lads?
I've a feeling you could see McNeice as a sweeper.
Good call Fuzz, but if Mc Kenna can't cut it MF, he certainly won't are whf.

BennyHarp

I'd be happy enough with that team. Still early days and fellas like Grugan, Lavery, McGuigan and Tierney all have the potential to push strongly for championship places. Will be interesting to see how they adapt to this next step up.
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

COME ON DAY BUCK THE OAKLEAF AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DennistheMenace

If Tyrone beat us with that team, i'd be very impressed with their squad depth.

God14

Key battle for me will be James Kielt v Peter Harte
Im not sure Harte has the defensive know how to deal with marking Derrys danger man? If Peter was to come out on top there I think Tyrone would be well on the road to victory. That's a very big IF though. Advantage Kielt in my opinion.

Funnily enough I expect Shay McGuigan to have some joy against Mark Lynch in the opposing battle. Lynch seemed to have wintered well as they say & could be a weakness coming up against a hungry & mobile McGuigan. If McGuigan see's much ball I fancy the Tyrone full forward line to wreak havoc.

Im surprised to see Patsy Bradley starting ahead of Niall Holly. I rate Patsy but his recurring injuries looked to have restricted his mobility. Derry have aerial & muscular prowess in the midfield pairings, but could get found out over the hard yards.

As fuzzman pointed out it will be interesting to see what role Paddy McNiece takes up. Lots of hints around Tyrone that they are dropping the sweeper system, but old habits dire hard!

Maybe "its only the league" but its great to have it back  ;)  Tyrone have the greater scoring threat, but probably have more uncertainties in their defence as well. Which makes it quite difficult to call. Tyrone by 2 for me.

nrico2006

How likely is McNeice to start?  Been a few changes so far compared to the named teams.  Would like to see Ronan O'Neill in there instead as he has linked up well with McGuigan when they have played together.  Is McNulty in the squad?  Is Lafferty off the panel?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Giving a really bad day weather wise, could have a bad effect on the game if it even goes ahead! :-\