Rotten republic..

Started by lawnseed, January 19, 2014, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on February 12, 2014, 09:15:50 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 11, 2014, 07:17:37 PM
I'm surprised Hayseed hasn't been opening threads all over the place about the Nordie Health Service and the problems in the A/E.
5 deaths due to poor A/E Dept at the RV Hospital and it looks like a cover up by someone.
I probably missed it somewhere among his many (sc)utterings.
so attack is the best form of defence? this is the 'rotten republic' thread all you do is try to point out the shortcomings of nordieland. I never said this statelet was perfect nor any other state was perfect either. in a recent EC survey the republic rode high in its citizens opinions that it was amongst the most corrupt in Europe only surpassed by the old favourites like Italy and Greece. 79% reckoned they had been affected by corruption. 79% you think that's ok?
Well given that your solution is to replace the southern government with one of the parties in government in the north, it's surely a valid approach.

lawnseed

I was speaking to a friend of someone who was thinking of setting up a crematorium in the meath area. He was doing costings and a business plan his planner told him he'd need about 80grand cash handy. When he enquired what the cash was for he was told "incidentals". Like what? He asked.. To lubricate the wheels of admin.. Will I get receipts or tax relief? Your man laughed him out of the place..  Banks dont lend money for incidentals.. Well it depends who you are doesnt it?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Rossfan

Quote from: lawnseed on February 18, 2014, 01:17:35 PM
I was speaking to a friend of someone who was thinking of setting up a crematorium in the meath area. He was doing costings and a business plan his planner told him he'd need about 80grand cash handy. When he enquired what the cash was for he was told "incidentals". Like what? He asked.. To lubricate the wheels of admin.. Will I get receipts or tax relief? Your man laughed him out of the place..  Banks dont lend money for incidentals.. Well it depends who you are doesnt it?

That's great proof alright. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

I see Paul Williams, the "journalist" (term used very lightly), has been busily trying to cover up/deflect attention being paid to potential Gardaí corruption over the bugging scandal. His article in the good ol' indo today has been rubbished by the security firm involved, who called it "wholly inaccurate".
http://www.thejournal.ie/verrimus-statement-reporting-1320967-Feb2014/

On a totally unrelated note, Paul was one of those who had penalty points kindly wiped by the Gardaí last year and who's hobbies over on wiki are listed as including " being among his associates in the pub; these associates are mostly serving or former gardaí". Ah, isn't that nice.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

deiseach

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 18, 2014, 02:50:17 PM
On a totally unrelated note, Paul was one of those who had penalty points kindly wiped by the Gardaí last year and who's hobbies over on wiki are listed as including " being among his associates in the pub; these associates are mostly serving or former gardaí". Ah, isn't that nice.

I wish it was still possible to read the original article in the Tribune. The quote looks a bit too good to be true. Not that the gist of the story, that Williams is in cahoots with the guards, isn't true. The latest story is so obviously a plant from the guards that it pretty much confirms that someone has something to hide.

Rossfan

Quote from: deiseach on February 18, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
. The latest story is so obviously a plant from the guards that it pretty much confirms that someone has something to hide.

There is a fair oul close this quick scenario going on alright.
Callinan "doth protest too much methinks" and then declared that there was no authorised or UUNAUTHORISED Garda involvement.
How could he declare the latter unless they already know who was involved.
Or is it the "deny everything" Fianna Fáil tack.

deiseach

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2014, 04:23:11 PM
There is a fair oul close this quick scenario going on alright.
Callinan "doth protest too much methinks" and then declared that there was no authorised or UUNAUTHORISED Garda involvement.
How could he declare the latter unless they already know who was involved.
Or is it the "deny everything" Fianna Fáil tack.

Oh, it's definitely the deny everything tack. It's ironic how the guards, a group for whom it is in their DNA to assume that everyone is guilty and the only reason anyone gets off is because of bleeding heart judges and pinko lawmakers, are basically demanding that their accusers either prove it or shut it.

Rossfan

And who would gain most if the Ombudsman Commission is discredited or made into a lame duck.

Farrandeelin

Pity the whistleblowers never got to speak out either, with the full enquiry that was wanted by members of the PAC.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

weareros

I see Paul Williams, the "journalist" (term used very lightly), has been busily trying to cover up/deflect attention being paid to potential Gardaí corruption over the bugging scandal. His article in the good ol' indo today has been rubbished by the security firm involved, who called it "wholly inaccurate".

Interesting alliances here. Verrimus mostly made up of ex-sas, Sunday Times (Murdoch right wing rag)  FF and Sinn Fein versus Gardai and FG.

I'm willing to bet that GSOC were taken to the cleaners for 18 grand and standard security vulnerability was described as potential bugs. A bit like the lad with the new website that's told by his developers showing him a fancy report that he got 100 thousand hits in his first month as if hits were unique users.

Nally Stand

Quote from: weareros on February 19, 2014, 03:36:13 AM

Interesting alliances here. Verrimus mostly made up of ex-sas, Sunday Times (Murdoch right wing rag)  FF and Sinn Fein versus Gardai and FG.

I'm willing to bet that GSOC were taken to the cleaners for 18 grand and standard security vulnerability was described as potential bugs. A bit like the lad with the new website that's told by his developers showing him a fancy report that he got 100 thousand hits in his first month as if hits were unique users.
They weren't described as "potential bugs" or as "potential" anythings. They were described as "anomalies". In other words, it's not that there was "potentially" something wrong, but that there were some things wrong. Since there are strong suspicions of these "anomalies" having been bugging devices, then surely an investigation should be a no-brainer.

I see Shatter, who has already decided that there's 'nothing to see here', has kindly allowed himself the privilege of setting the terms of the investigation, with a retired judge to report back to him; and this has been welcomed by the Garda Commissioner. Good man Alan.  ::)

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

johnneycool

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 19, 2014, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: weareros on February 19, 2014, 03:36:13 AM

They weren't described as "potential bugs" or as "potential" anythings. They were described as "anomalies". In other words, it's not that there was "potentially" something wrong, but that there were some things wrong. Since there are strong suspicions of these "anomalies" having been bugging devices, then surely an investigation should be a no-brainer.

I see Shatter, who has already decided that there's 'nothing to see here', has kindly allowed himself the privilege of setting the terms of the investigation, with a retired judge to report back to him; and this has been welcomed by the Garda Commissioner. Good man Alan.  ::)

What made the GSOC suspicious of bugging in the first place or was this sweep routine?

Can Gerry not get his team of bug sweepers in as they were able to find bugs (the size of small dogs mind) in a photocopier in their offices in Stormont??

Nally Stand

lawnseed

i see some lad got the gate 'o connor' who is he? the sacrificial lamb
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

johnneycool

Quote from: lawnseed on February 19, 2014, 09:51:20 PM
i see some lad got the gate 'o connor' who is he? the sacrificial lamb

He was the Garda's go to man for whistle blowers on wrongdoing within the force. Whistle blowers it seems are the bad eggs within Garda circles, not those wiping points and what not.