Rotten republic..

Started by lawnseed, January 19, 2014, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Im only listening to bits of this but whos paul kiely what has he done? Whys mary lou going nuts?
Who are the crc? Where has all this money gone? Whos money is it?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 19, 2014, 02:17:56 PM
As if you give a flying f**k.

Mary who?
I'm just hearing a wee bit more it seems to me that the great and the good have been helping themselves to money donated to sick and disabled children? Is that the gist of it? Can anyone clarify this?

Denn Forever

Yes that's it in a nutshell.  Someone decided to pay him more money than his salary as a pay off (which is outside HSE rules).  The extra money was taken from money which  had been collected from donations.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

laoislad

Why not just say Ireland instead of the 26?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

The CRC is an independent charity, which nowadays gets most of its money from the government, but who also hold collections and the like. The government funds staff on its payscale, which has been cut 3 times. The current rows are about this type of organisation giving an extra whack of loot to the top management from their "own resources" (i.e. people collecting money for them). This CRC thing is a particularly excessive example. There has been few stories emerging of "own resources" being used for nurses etc who have gone beyond their jobs. It is clear that the board of this organisation have lost any sense of serving charitable aims. The problem is that people are now (understandly) less keen on donating money and the other charities who have been more responsible are losing money too. The solution is a register of charities where this information can be found and you can then decide whether to donate or not. As usual, the 26 counties has had legislation for this for years, but haven't done anything about it.

Why not just say Ireland instead of the 26?

Probably because it isn't an equal problem through Ireland, only in the 26 counties.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

So... If im to understand.. These guys were getting paid by the taxpayer to administer charities. (why') the government cut their wages.. So they just put their hand into the collection bucket and helped themselves? Hold on!! Isnt that stealing? Thou shalt not steal ..? "Suffer the little children?"

So in effect you dont actually need to get you dick out to screw a child in ireland??

armaghniac

Quote from: lawnseed on January 19, 2014, 03:24:25 PM
So... If im to understand.. These guys were getting paid by the taxpayer to administer charities. (why') the government cut their wages.. So they just put their hand into the collection bucket and helped themselves?

In most cases these guys were paying themselves extra before the cuts and continued doing so.

QuoteHold on!! Isnt that stealing? Thou shalt not steal ..? "Suffer the little children?"

The money is donated to run the charity, they are "running" the charity.

lawnseed

Is this a new low? Or is it merely a symtom of a sick society devoid of any reminant of decency.  A country ruined by sick clergy and immoral self serving politicians- traitors each and every one who have merely clambered to the top of a pile of  steaming vomit to feed on the weakest in irish society..  -Angels who cant look after themselves..!

Hell will never be full til theyre  all in it!!

armaghniac

Quote from: lawnseed on January 19, 2014, 03:37:41 PM
Is this a new low? Or is it merely a symtom of a sick society devoid of any reminant of decency.  A country ruined by sick clergy and immoral self serving politicians- traitors each and every one who have merely clambered to the top of a pile of  steaming vomit to feed on the weakest in irish society..  -Angels who cant look after themselves..!

Just as there were clerical abuses, there were facilities where the salaries of the religious were being used to run the place.

There are some charities well run, there are some doing good work but where the top echelon are helping themselves (like CRC) and some which are probably mostly run for all staff.

Even politicians can be divided into the incompetent and the crooked.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on January 19, 2014, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 19, 2014, 02:17:56 PM
As if you give a flying f**k.

Mary who?
I'm just hearing a wee bit more it seems to me that the great and the good have been helping themselves to money donated to sick and disabled children? Is that the gist of it? Can anyone clarify this?

You would know this if you paid attention to the Irish media and were a little less obsessed with the UK, Westminister, the BBC etc.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

You feign compassion, your only intention is to try and get either an anti-government line where you failed and now you attempt to have a go at our Republic, the nation state known as Ireland. Go back to you Britains got Talent / Team GB / Royal Watch / Taste of Britain SF hobbies.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

And you just bury your head in the sand and let them get on with it. I wonder was this the future vision of Ireland that was going through James Connolly's mind as he was being placed in the chair to be executed?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on January 19, 2014, 05:16:49 PM
And you just bury your head in the sand and let them get on with it. I wonder was this the future vision of Ireland that was going through James Connolly's mind as he was being placed in the chair to be executed?

Was there not a thread on this already started weeks ago. Lawnseed is just catching up as he actually has no insight into life in the independent republic.

All of a Sludden

Is this a new low? Or is it merely a symtom of a sick society devoid of any reminant of decency...

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.