HILL16 Should it be a Dubs only area ?

Started by SkillfulBill, September 23, 2013, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

Following on from yesterday have the GAA decide to do away with another tradition by allocating more tickets to Mayo for an Final which includes the Dubs ?

I personally feel that yesterdays final was the worse for it.

There is nothing like it when Croke Park rocks to the sounds of the Dubs on the hill. OR the sound of silence when the Dubs are on the rack.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

SkillfulBill

I wonder how much confidence the Mayo team would have gained from silencing the hill on the first half. The mood on the hill works both ways for Dublin.  I would expect that yesterdays victory would have been a little tainted for some Dubs by not being able to experience the Hill in full flow. I honestly think it took away from some of the atmosphere for the game as the opposition support can be galvanised by it as well.

Eamonnca1

Dougal Maguire

Hill tickets cost half of what seating tickets cost. Why should the Dubs have exclusive access to the cheapest tickets. 50/50 split is only fair
Careful now

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 23, 2013, 10:44:51 PM
We don't do crowd segregation in the GAA.

It's not segregation to allocate a greater number of tickets for an area of the ground to one county or another happens for every game.

Hill16 has a huge historical tradition for the Dubs and why should that change because some members of Hq want to create a passionless PC reflection of the game.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 23, 2013, 10:54:24 PM

It's not segregation to allocate a greater number of tickets for an area of the ground to one county or another happens for every game.

Hill16 has a huge historical tradition for the Dubs and why should that change because some members of Hq want to create a passionless PC reflection of the game.

Looked lile thousands of Mayo fans wanted to be on the hill too.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

haranguerer

I think the atmosphere was diluted a bit by it aright. It was class when the hill did get into voice, and the rest of the stadium was always drawn to respond, be it by joining in or shouting louder for mayo, but that voice wasn't as full as it usually is.

It seems standard that we should wax lyrical about no segregation, in the same way we do about the amateur status, but I think there'd undoubtedly be a better atmosphere if fans were together in blocks. With so many neutrals always wanting to go though, it may be not feasible, and the most important thing of course would be there'd have to be certainty that it wouldn't encourage antagonism between fans.

armaghniac

If the Dub had come along in good time they could have had pole position. But they were in the pub, as usual.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

And money lads. Hill tickets are a good bit cheaper.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 23, 2013, 10:56:37 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 23, 2013, 10:54:24 PM

Thats fine too there have always been opposition supporters on it but I still don't see why they decided to dilute the numbers of Dubs for yesterday's game. I believe it's another one of these decisions similar to supporters staying off the pitch.

Looked lile thousands of Mayo fans wanted to be on the hill too.

Captain Obvious

I think 2011 was the same however Kerry swapped most of their Hill 16 tickets for seated ones. The Dubs claim Croke park isn't a home venue well don't complain if the hill 16 is split in two.

BennyCake

The Dubs only think they own the Hill. Remember when Whelan led them up to the Hill in 06 v Mayo, as if they owned the place. Bunch of fuckwits.

From the Bunker

Croke Park is a neutral venue is it not on All Ireland final day? This means that no county has a holding over any particular part of the Stadium. In filling the Hill with all of one county you are giving an extra advantage to a county who are already blessed with many advantages on AI final day.

There are also economic issues, pricing and choice.