HILL16 Should it be a Dubs only area ?

Started by SkillfulBill, September 23, 2013, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 28, 2013, 12:53:04 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 28, 2013, 12:07:41 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 27, 2013, 10:41:17 PM
Not overly happy with the direction this thread has taken.  Firstly the thread was not trolling in anyway.  I genuinely believe the hill should remain a predominantly Dublin area and I feel that last Sunday the atmosphere was the worse for the fact that Mayo County Board chose not to swap their allocation of tickets for the hill as various other counties have done in the past. I believe it was an attempt to gain some advantage on the pitch. What surprised me most about the thread is the level of hostility held towards the Dublin supporters and the lack of toleration towards a tradotion which goes back a considerable length of time which has brought great colour and atmosphere to past finals.

The Orange Order excuse - its tradition. Tradition me hole.

I've been to many big games in CP where Dublin isn't involved and the atmosphere has been fantastic. In fact, in my opinion, I can't stand that shite that Dubs bring to big games. With their soccer chanting, pointing, clapping, booing etc.

Mayo were fully entitled to be on the hill. The way you Dubs go on is like, if Dublin aren't in an AI final, sure we might as well just close the hill. Other counties can create great atmospheres too!

Horse sh@t I ain't no Dub I am Tyrone man and for what it's worth I think the Dubs bring a unique atmosphere to CP and I feel they are the best supporters in the country bar none.

Anything in particular there that is the Horse sh@t?

Captain Obvious

Not overly happy with the direction this thread has taken.  Firstly the thread was not trolling in anyway.  I genuinely believe the hill should remain a predominantly Dublin area and I feel that last Sunday the atmosphere was the worse for the fact that Mayo County Board chose not to swap their allocation of tickets for the hill as various other counties have done in the past. I believe it was an attempt to gain some advantage on the pitch. What surprised me most about the thread is the level of hostility held towards the Dublin supporters and the lack of toleration towards a tradotion which goes back a considerable length of time which has brought great colour and atmosphere to past finals.

I've been to many big games in CP where Dublin isn't involved and the atmosphere has been fantastic. In fact, in my opinion, I can't stand that shite that Dubs bring to big games. With their soccer chanting, pointing, clapping, booing etc.

Mayo were fully entitled to be on the hill. The way you Dubs go on is like, if Dublin aren't in an AI final, sure we might as well just close the hill. Other counties can create great atmospheres too!

Horse sh@t I ain't no Dub I am Tyrone man and for what it's worth I think the Dubs bring a unique atmosphere to CP and I feel they are the best supporters in the country bar none.
Nothing unique about GAA supporters acting like soccer supporters. 

whitey

Lets say theres a gang of 4/5 lads who go to every game all year. They travel together, they drink together and all sit together at the games.  Come the final, it would be impossible for them to get 5 seats together in the stand. Hill solves that problem very easily and adds to their experience and enjoyment of the big day.  Should the Dubs be the only ones to have that option?

Last week there was the added incentive of getting in early for the minor game.  If you had a stand ticket, you could have stayed in the pub until 3:15 pm and entirely missed the minor game. It wouldnt have impacted your view of the senior game one iota. If you had a Hill ticket you had to get in early for a good perch

Lastly, if it was 10:1 Dubs:Mayo on the Hill, it would not have been a comfortable experience for a lot lf those Mayo fans. With the Hill being pretty much split evenly, the chance of any serious incidents was greatly reduced.

at the end of the day, I think it worked last Sunday. Maybe it took some of the color from the occasion, but in the interests of fairness, I think it was the right decision

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: whitey on September 28, 2013, 02:46:47 AM
Lets say theres a gang of 4/5 lads who go to every game all year. They travel together, they drink together and all sit together at the games.  Come the final, it would be impossible for them to get 5 seats together in the stand. Hill solves that problem very easily and adds to their experience and enjoyment of the big day.  Should the Dubs be the only ones to have that option?

Cop yourself on – there are no restrictions on who can use the Hill. Tickets are available to everyone. This is a phoney argument and is just one of a number of current threads on the board started by sad saps who can't face up to the fact that Dublin are the All Ireland champions and will remain so for the next year at least. You're just going to have to live with it.   
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

rodney trotter

*Cringe* The same supporters who turn up late for games, because they are stuck in the Pub.

You're idea that the Hill should only be allocated for the Dubs on a All Ireland final is idiotic.

Rossfan

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 28, 2013, 11:31:08 AM
idea that the Hill should only be allocated for the Dubs on a All Ireland final is idiotic.

+1.
This "atmosphere" thing gets my goat.
If a game is good enough and exciting enough even dopeys like Laois or Offaly will give you "atmosphere"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 28, 2013, 11:31:08 AM

*Cringe* The same supporters who turn up late for games, because they are stuck in the Pub.

You're idea that the Hill should only be allocated for the Dubs on a All Ireland final is idiotic.

The hill should be neutral for EVERY match.

Jell 0 Biafra

Of course Hill 16 should not be Dublin only.  Anyone who seriously suggests otherwise is an idiot.

Part of the beauty of this whole thing is the very fact that the fans can have the craic together, rather than being separated.