Cavan vs. Armagh, Sun. May 19, Breffni Park, Ulster c'ship prelim

Started by Oraisteach, April 11, 2013, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

He was replying to the comment that Jamie Clarke didn't want to be there. Which is daft. I thought he tried hard in an impossible tour of duty.

Oraisteach

Nothing to do with the ref, macha.  Horrible defensive strategy, especially with those personnel, and Cavan took advantage with much crisper play.  Just dismal.

Aristo 60

First team out in the "weaker" side of the Ulster draw. Great stuff.

tyroneman

Expected a lot more out of Armagh. They have great young talent on that panel and one of the best forwards in Ireland
The defence was hung out to dry with those tactics. Every one of them roasted.

Brolly was right - Bat signal for the McEntees.

Gaffer

Quote from: Dirtyball on May 18, 2013, 03:49:09 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 18, 2013, 03:16:30 PM
Dirtyball, different username same old Richiej ;)
. Spare me! Can I not just be me? It's a discussion board. Posters don't necessarily have to agree with you or mylestheslasher or westside. Or mylestheslashers other mate Itchy. I believe Val was stitched up properly. Hammered on this board and other boards. Stabbed in the back by fellow selector and shit on by an excuse for a county chairman. It's Armagh by 2 plus tomorrow. Lump on at 11/10 . Get the Christmas money in early. Biggest certainty since Shergar won the Derby.

Have to say  reading the above now is hilarious.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

balladmaker

So is Paul Grimley as tactically poor as that performance suggests?  All of the talk over the years suggested that he was the force behind the Monaghan resurgence under McEneaney, he was the tactical driving force behind Joe Kernan during the early 00's .... something that appears to have little foundation after that debacle today.

EC Unique

Should have just put Cross out in orange jerseys. Better management, better tactically, and would play more as a team. 

machaman

Quote from: balladmaker on May 19, 2013, 04:03:57 PM
So is Paul Grimley as tactically poor as that performance suggests?  All of the talk over the years suggested that he was the force behind the Monaghan resurgence under McEneaney, he was the tactical driving force behind Joe Kernan during the early 00's .... something that appears to have little foundation after that debacle today.

I'm afraid that this was a nonsense that was bandied about a lot. Amazing how no one but Grimley deserved any credit. Kernan, mceneany, geezer Etc. look at his record as a manager.... McKenna cup, league and championship. He has no nous. I have never called for the head of an Armagh manger before but I feel this is too important to let go. We have minors and other players who need taught, leadership and a style of play that is neither naive nor headless chicken-ism.

tintin25

Fermanagh will need a bear trap for that Keating fella

machaman

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 19, 2013, 03:55:57 PM
Nothing to do with the ref, macha.  Horrible defensive strategy, especially with those personnel, and Cavan took advantage with much crisper play.  Just dismal.

I agree. As per my post

Denn Forever

What was the free for that cancelled out Clarke's goal?  At last we got some luck.  Well done lads.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 19, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
What was the free for that cancelled out Clarke's goal?

Clarke was pulled back just before he shot, common sense would have allowed him to play on.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2013, 02:53:45 PM
I hope stew is still asleep.

Stew was wide awake as is now f**king depressed enough to beat the band.

I am simply wiped out after that, for fucks sake, players at this level should know how to defend and by the way, when one man has three defenders around him you might want to pass the fecking thing to someone other than Clarke.

I have always been a fan of big Paul's but he shit the bed the day from a tactical perspective.

This is the worst i have felt since we didnt have enough players to field 30 odd years ago and right now the Suggestion to simply play the Cross men in orange uniforms sounds good to me, Cross would have beaten us by ten points today.

Fcuk it, at 12:01 I am going to start quaffing pints and drown my sorrows, I am absolutely sickened by everything about this game and the ramifications and implications of it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Wildweasel74

stew

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 19, 2013, 04:37:35 PM
It could be worst, you could be Galway

It could not be worse, rock bottom baby!

I hope the twins are ready to give the job a rattle, the McEntee's that is.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.