Cavan vs. Armagh, Sun. May 19, Breffni Park, Ulster c'ship prelim

Started by Oraisteach, April 11, 2013, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

Quote from: stew on May 19, 2013, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 19, 2013, 04:37:35 PM
It could be worst, you could be Galway

It could not be worse, rock bottom baby!

I hope the twins are ready to give the job a rattle, the McEntee's that is.

I think the twin Fields from Banbrook would have done better ;)

That has to be the worst performance by an Armagh team ever in my experience.....absolutely no physicality, a forward scores 9 points and the back isn't changed...and no harm to the Cavan lad but he's no Gooch or O'Neill!
Well done Cavan and enjoy. As for Armagh....I just don't know.

Bensars

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 19, 2013, 04:34:42 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on May 19, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
What was the free for that cancelled out Clarke's goal?

Clarke was pulled back just before he shot, common sense would have allowed him to play on.

nine or ten steps before the bounce. Thought he blew for a free out initially.

Armagh were woeful.  Some of the defenders are faster on twitter !

JP

Complete and utter shambles!!

Blame has to lie with Grimley. Made the O'Rourke years look like a golden era.

Why the hell were we playing with 7 fowards when the backline was so exposed???? taking off finn mo for rafferty made no sense what so ever. It led to the first goal as we had no chb allowing the Cavan man run straight through.

All the tinkering ongoing in the game never let the players settle. I got the sense players weren't sure what position they should be in. Caolan Rafferty and especially Tony Kernan got passed about between attack and defense.

Throughly annoyed right now.

Wildweasel74

Well you`s couldnt wait to get rid of O`Rourke. I said earlier through the league the players arent there, take jamie Clarke away, who do you expect to score regularly for u? when Armagh were strong they have McConville, Marsden, McDonnell, Clarke, they had options if one player was held there were others there to take up the scoring burden. Its time to face reality, Armagh nearly ended up in division 3. People said then they were too good for that. Well they were well beaten by a division 3 team the day!!

Westside

Delighted with the two wins. And delighted for the Armagh supporters. The most disgusting group of supporters that I have ever attended a game with. The element that I ended up sitting with at any rate.

get up there

Quote from: balladmaker on May 19, 2013, 04:03:57 PM
So is Paul Grimley as tactically poor as that performance suggests?  All of the talk over the years suggested that he was the force behind the Monaghan resurgence under McEneaney, he was the tactical driving force behind Joe Kernan during the early 00's .... something that appears to have little foundation after that debacle today.
100% plus 1,

David McKeown

Very poor from Armagh today and Grimleys post match interview highlights exactly why we were so poor. Stupid thing for him to say
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Oraisteach

Missed the interview, David, what did he say to explain away that debacle?

Harold Disgracey

That was thoroughly depressing, Grimley got it horribly wrong & hadn't a clue how deal with Cavan. His team, his tactics, his fault.

orangeman

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 19, 2013, 06:31:19 PM
That was thoroughly depressing, Grimley got it horribly wrong & hadn't a clue how deal with Cavan. His team, his tactics, his fault.

Hope you're feeling better today.

It's a 24 hour thing apparently.

stew

Quote from: Gaffer on May 19, 2013, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: Dirtyball on May 18, 2013, 03:49:09 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 18, 2013, 03:16:30 PM
Dirtyball, different username same old Richiej ;)
. Spare me! Can I not just be me? It's a discussion board. Posters don't necessarily have to agree with you or mylestheslasher or westside. Or mylestheslashers other mate Itchy. I believe Val was stitched up properly. Hammered on this board and other boards. Stabbed in the back by fellow selector and shit on by an excuse for a county chairman. It's Armagh by 2 plus tomorrow. Lump on at 11/10 . Get the Christmas money in early. Biggest certainty since Shergar won the Derby.

Have to say  reading the above now is hilarious.

At least he put himself out there, sometimes you are right and then there is well.................predictions and adv ice like that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Westside on May 19, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Delighted with the two wins. And delighted for the Armagh supporters. The most disgusting group of supporters that I have ever attended a game with. The element that I ended up sitting with at any rate.

You are going to get that, our fans are usually dead on but you are always going to get a few slabbers here and there with any set of supporters, we have our good one's as well.

Cavan deserved to win, we were awful and I hope they go on to win Ulster now, they have been great in the past and I think it would do Gaelic football the power of good if Cavan could grow from this and win the Ulster.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

naka

Quote from: Count 10 on May 19, 2013, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: stew on May 19, 2013, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 19, 2013, 04:37:35 PM
It could be worst, you could be Galway

It could not be worse, rock bottom baby!

I hope the twins are ready to give the job a rattle, the McEntee's that is.

I think the twin Fields from Banbrook would have done better ;)

That has to be the worst performance by an Armagh team ever in my experience.....absolutely no physicality, a forward scores 9 points and the back isn't changed...and no harm to the Cavan lad but he's no Gooch or O'Neill!
Well done Cavan and enjoy. As for Armagh....I just don't know.
as poor a perforamnce since the derry game in the 90s under mc corry and morrison
ffs i throw good money into armagh to listen to crap from grimley" i knew we needed a sweeper but i wasnt going to compromise my principles"
nver heard as much tosh in my life
mc kenna and mc keown were getting roasted common sense says help them play someone in front.
wtf are peter mc donnell, hughes and mc quillan doing with this team if this is the mantra
every gaa man i met today in the office has laughed at our managers naivety

rrhf

I feel sorry for grimley.  He has been a good  servant to Armagh, Monaghan. Meath, Cavan and others. I just think his ideas are so 2002. After this year The scene is set for the return of the mc. Step forward k mc geeney and teach these cubs how to defend. I dont think they will win any more this year however we must remember that there will be a big boost when Jamie Clarke gets back from his holidays.

rrhf

Quote from: stew on May 20, 2013, 04:18:49 PM
Quote from: Westside on May 19, 2013, 06:02:52 PM

You are going to get that, our fans are usually dead on but you are always going to get a few slabbers here and there with any set of supporters, we have our good one's as well.

Cavan deserved to win, we were awful and I hope they go on to win Ulster now, they have been great in the past and I think it would do Gaelic football the power of good if Cavan could grow from this and win the Ulster.
How would an Armagh man today know what's good for Gaelic football?