Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Just don't embarrass the whole association this time.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Norf Tyrone

Folks, I am sure by this stage you've read of Owen Roes' support for the 'Time for Terri' campaign on websites, or via the printed media. Terri was a young ladies footballer at our Club who died a week after her 16th birthday after contracting meningitis.

There's now a vaccine that can prevent most strains of Men B and we at Owen Roes are supporting the Devine family's mission to get the vaccinne implemented.

The Devine family, and volunteers from our Club will be at Healy Park on Sunday trying to get as many signatures as they can. Please can you take 1 minute and stop and sign.

Or, you can beat the queue, and go here and sign today. www.timeforterri.co.uk

Thanks
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

This will be another real test for Tyrone. They're going to be up against one of the best teams in Ireland who will be fired up for the game due to the circumstances. I'd say it will be the hungriest team they'll have faced in the league this year. Tyrone will have plenty of incentive to win too though and there is strong competition for places. Could really go either way. Its great to get these tests this year ahead of the championship.

Fuzzman

The aul eyesight is joining to go boyz

LeoMc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 04, 2013, 10:12:45 PM
Apostrophe, where?  :)

Strong team, will be interesting!  ;)
:-[ ;D
Comma, just don't tell Hardy. I was thinking of the Apostrophe police when I typed it.

Tubberman

No bitterness in Tyrone you say?

McGuigan warns relegation could be 'payback' for Kerry

Friday, April 05, 2013
By John Fogarty

Outspoken former Tyrone player Brian McGuigan believes sending Kerry down to Division 2 next season would be "payback" for last year's All-Ireland qualifier defeat in Killarney.
Ahead of Sunday's game in Omagh, current Tyrone defender Aidan McCrory admitted they "would love to win and put them down" as much as he insists Kerry want to beat them and remain in the top flight.

McGuigan drew ire in Kerry in February when he said the county should forget about winning an All-Ireland title for the next six or seven years. After being sent off in his last game in a Tyrone jersey last July, he also claimed Declan O'Sullivan exaggerated an injury to convince David Coldrick to issue McGuigan a red card.

Now he feels a victory in Healy Park would be suitable revenge for the 10-point defeat in FitzgeraldStadium nine months ago.

"There's a huge interest in this game and because of all the sideshows with the club games and player spats there's more of a spotlight on this Sunday's game than on any other National League game.

"The fact that Kerry's very future in Division One depends on it makes it a very unique occasion," McGuigan wrote in his Gaelic Life column.

"The fact that Tyrone have the opportunity to send them down would, in many people's eyes, be some sort of payback for what went on down in Killarney last year. Tyrone, I'm sure, will see it that way. I've heard it said a few times in recent weeks that you wouldn't like to see Kerry relegated, but not too many people were shedding tears or saying those sorts of things whenever Tyrone got relegated a few years back [2010]."

McGuigan has called on Tyrone supporters to make Healy Park as difficult a place for the visitors as Kerry fans made it for them in Killarney.

"I'd urge every Tyrone supporter to get themselves to Omagh. We experienced the white hot atmosphere in Kerry last year in the qualifiers, and I think that it's only but right that we try to recreate that same atmosphere up here for Kerry's visit on Sunday."

Although McGuigan feels Tyrone will find it hard to match Kerry's intensity on Sunday, he says his remarks about the Kingdom two months ago have been justified by their difficulties in Division 1.

"When I did my article earlier in the year I said Kerry football was struggling, and they were."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fuzzman

I wasn't down in Killarney myself last year but I spoke to quite a few that were and they were shocked at the vitriol from the Kerry fans and then the relief and friendliness after the game towards Harte & the Tyrone players.

Was there any neutrals from the board at that game? What was their take on it?

I can't see any hassle at the game this weekend whatsoever.

omagh_gael

When does the Kerry team usually be named?

muppet

This is simmering nicely.

Clearly Tyrone will have to win or all credibility built up over the years will be gone. Remember when they hadn't lost in fortress Omagh in the League for a few years? To allow Kerry to travel up and win would be bad, but imagine Galvin, Gooch and co winning and jumping up and down and high fiving, (4 in Gollum's case) in Healy Park. In front of the home fans?

No good would come of that.

Tyrone by 4.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Strong Kerry teams named:

Kerry (v Ty): Kealy; M ÓSé, Griffin, Enright; TÓSé, Brosnan, Young; Maher, Buckley; Lyne, Cooper, Galvin; Declan O'Sull, Donaghy, Darran OS.

God14

Quote from: Zulu on April 05, 2013, 01:18:07 PM
Strong Kerry teams named:

Kerry (v Ty): Kealy; M ÓSé, Griffin, Enright; TÓSé, Brosnan, Young; Maher, Buckley; Lyne, Cooper, Galvin; Declan O'Sull, Donaghy, Darran OS.

Kerry pretty much full tilt. Id have Griffin ahead of O'Mahoney at full back even if he was fit. David Moran would get in that 15 i suppose, buts its not far away from the 15 most kerry fans would want on the pitch

Fuzzman

That FF line could certainly do some damage if left exposed at all.
Big game from Justy and McCarron needed.

Wouldn't be surprised if these two teams meet later on in the year again, hopefully not in Munster this year.

cadence

going down is one thing, but going down to the red hand is another. kerry will be desperate to not let that happen. will tyrone have enough of an edge about them either? tough game to call even with tyrone being the form team. 

trueblue1234

Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2013, 12:32:13 PM
This is simmering nicely.

Clearly Tyrone will have to win or all credibility built up over the years will be gone. Remember when they hadn't lost in fortress Omagh in the League for a few years? To allow Kerry to travel up and win would be bad, but imagine Galvin, Gooch and co winning and jumping up and down and high fiving, (4 in Gollum's case) in Healy Park. In front of the home fans?

No good would come of that.

Tyrone by 4.

Naw Tyrone have nothing to lose on this occasion. Kerry, with the full line up, will be devastated if they can't put away a Tyrone team already looking to the semi's. A loss here and the animals back home won't be happy. Stewarts have been warned to expect rampant outpouring of Ecstasy upon the final whistle as Kerry's all Ireland gets earlier each year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fuzzman

Galvin could prove a right handful for this big game.

Some interesting points in here too.
http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4780