Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Sadly I think he's very accurate with his description of the feeling between both counties.
It was bad enough with just the 3 county victories for Tyrone in the last 10 years but with the 2 club defeats as well which were not pretty games then the bad feelings have really grown.

It would be very hard for anyone to lose a game now between these two counties (player or fan) and to then go and mingle and listen to all the chat after you've lost, when there is such high tension before and during the game.

I wouldn't expect any Kerry fans if they lose on Sunday to want to spend any extra time chatting with Tyrone people in all seriousness.

Fuzzman

Just read the Gaelic life today and I think I've underestimated how big this game is for both counties.
By all accounts I think they are expecting near a full house. When was the last time that happened for a league game?

With Kerry having their intensive training camp this week and with probably a near full complement of players to call from, it sounds like Kerry will come all guns blazing with a focused driven outfit who for the first time in years will perhaps be at championship level this early in the year.

Reading some of the Tyrone posters earlier I thought there was an element of reverse psychology or cute hoorism as we like to say but I am not so sure now. We have done very well this year so far but I don't know if our current defence can hold a forward line consisting of Gooch, Donaghy, two O'Sullivans & Galvin. Those lads are not done yet I'd suspect and having spent the whole week focused on this game with so many training sessions you would imagine their hunger and motivation will be higher than that of Tyrone's.
I see both Buckley and Curtin have both scored 3 goals each

Hopefully we don't get another performance from Tyrone like they had with Cork and who knows we might even see Mugsy for 5 mins.

If Kerry win I'd say they'll be happy to come in for tea and sandwiches as long as we promise not to spit in them first.  ;)

Syferus

Looking forward to this one. I don't know how pretty the football will be but there should be some serious exchanges to enjoys.

Jinxy

I think it's okay to be disrespectful towards someone who doesn't deserve it as long as you're only doing it to wind up someone who does deserve it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Club Rossa

Biggest crowd I can remember for a league game in Healy Pk was when we played Derry a few months after our infamous cship meeting in 1995.Sunday may well top that.

Orchardman

Chances are kerry will go down even if they win, but anyway they'l be up for a good performance to build towards championship, which is what their training camp would have been about not this league game.

Pressure on tyrone, they are at home and have been flying all year but i fancy kerry to cause an upset

Redhand Santa

Should be a good crowd but considering Tyrone have nothing too play for can't see it being as big even as the Donegal game. The biggest league crowds for a non knockout game I can think of in recent years were the first game under lights v Fermanagh, Dublin after winning the All Ireland and maybe a Kerry game. Have a notion there was about 15000 at the Galway league semi in 04.

Will be interesting to see Harte's selection.

Gabriel_Hurl

Wait no longer

QuoteComórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain v Ciarraí
Ionad: Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Omaigh
Dáta: 07- 04-13

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc
2 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin
3 Justin McMahon An Omaigh
4 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór
5 Ryan McKenna Eaglais
6 Joe McMahon An Omaigh
7 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin
8 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh
9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh
10 Patrick McNiece Oileán a'Ghuail
11 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin
12 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór
13 Darren McCurry Éadán na dTorc
14 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael
15 Ronan O'Neill An Omaigh
16 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua
17 Conor Clarke An Omaigh
18 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac
19 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór
20 Conan Grugan An Omaigh
21 Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail
22 Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo
23 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair
24 Ciaran McGinley Aireagal Chiaráin
25 Michael Murphy An Gallbhaile
26 Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór

Redhand Santa

A few players I'm still not convinced with but its a strong team. Good too see Justy back and getting a few games in the league. Also will be good to get another look at McCurry and Ronan O'Neill. Would guess one of the O'Neill's will pull out the pitch. I'd have liked to have seen Clarke get a go at right half back.

omagh_gael

Good solid team, hopefully young O'Neill and McCurry get plenty of early ball. If they can get the confidence going we could have some excellent options come the summer. Something we've been missing over the last number of years has been explosive pace. There's heaps of it through that 15 which will hopefully cause those aul boys from the kingdom all sorts of headaches.

Tyrone 1-14 Kerry 2-09

The Red Hands are for Sam...Yeeeeeooo! ;)

God14

Aidan Cassidy must be injured. Dissapointing that as he had been making a good contribution there in the last few games.

Fuzzman

He's probably not named in the first  26. I see no tickets will be on sale outside the ground according to @tyronegaalive on twitter. Will all Kerry fans have tickets?

God14

Fuzz, think u picked that up wrong. Tickets ARE definitely available outside the ground.

LeoMc

Think you missed the apostrophe there Fuzz. :)

"@FireChild_ No, tickets will be available at the ground on Sunday."

Fear ón Srath Bán

Apostrophe, where?  :)

Strong team, will be interesting!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...