Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Great stuff from those Kerry folk, I'd say that that send-off shortened the journey home by a mile or two.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Boghopper

Those who stayed behind at the end of the game are the true GAA people of Kerry unlike the Ole chanting or Joe Duffy calling types who are an embarrassment to Kerry. That said we have our fair share of edjuts as I'm sure so do most other counties. Where now for Tyrone we need scoring forwards, a midfield that can compete at least 50/50 and a sticky defence. I know we had up on 6 absentees on Saturday and a lot of those lads will be back in 2013 but we are likely to see the retirement of 6 players also. Hopefully we can stay in Division 1 and get to at least the Q/F in 2013. Has anyone an opinion on players who could strengthen the current panel or a change of tactics (the short kick out strategy isn't working).

orangeman

Looked at the starting line ups for the Tyrone v Kerry all ireland final in 2008.

Big changes on both teams but Tyrone were undoubtedly the team that was short of players.

Out of the starting line ups on that day Kerry had 9 players starting last Saturday whilst Tyrone had only 5.

Kerry claims to have exorcised the Tyrone ghost  last Saturday eveing is well wide of the mark.

That said, Kerry were awesome and some of their passing, movement and scoring was a sight to behold. You can't take that away from them.

Tyrone are in major transition and with only 5 playing form 2008 team, no wonder it's taking a while to rebuild the Tyrone team and are not as far away as some would have you believe. Rome wasn't built in a day or two days either. Time is needed.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That's correct orangeman, I wouldn't want to downplay the manner or significance of Kerry's victory, but Tyrone of the Noughties was a different ghost.

stew

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2012, 10:12:50 AM
Interesting that Coldrick was the ref in all 3 of Tyrone's defeats in 2012.

Ah ffs come on man dear...................................... I hope you are not implying that he is the reason you lot are no longer in the championship, are you?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

applemad

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on July 25, 2012, 02:06:48 PM
Quote from: applemad on July 24, 2012, 01:32:09 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 24, 2012, 12:54:12 PM
Quote from: applemad on July 24, 2012, 11:30:08 AM
Kerry were most definetly fired up for this game and no wonder. It reminded me of a certain league game when Armagh played Tyrone in Omagh in 2003. A lot of hatred and bile around that day. I remember well Sean Kavanagh and Philip Jordan jumping up on the fence after the game and shaking their fists at the crowd in exuberance after their win.. And to be fair Im sure Armagh teams have reacted in similar fashion at times. Kerry had a mountain of pent -up frustration
1  The huge media questioning of Kerry's ability to beat teams in a tight finish . Armagh 02 Tyrone 03 Tyrone 05 tyrone 08 dublin 11.
2  Lack of balls when it mattered.
3 The fall out from the Derrytresk affair
4 Allegedly looking segregation at the Crokes Cross match.
5 Articles like Brolly's picking on certain Kerry individuals calling them chokers
When all this is taking into consideration ,the celebrations after the match nearly seemed mild. As for Kerry having had their day and wont go further ,seems to me like some posters are on a different planet. They are for me as a northerner, a fabulous team who play the game with great style. I have great admiration for them as I had for Tyrone in the last decade. I am so looking forward to a possible clash between Kerry and Donegal.

This did not happen. Replace the two players mentioned with a young Pascal McConnell and you may be somewhere near the truth. In short, quit talking brown.
It did happen  right in front of me   on the 50 yd line at the terrace side. i was standing watching Philip jordan and i know him very well . I would also assume, Mr moortown spuds, It was a group of supporters around me who he was clenching his fist to. As a matter of fact I slag him about it .  And when Mr spuds when you are a close to it as I was start getting your facts right. Talking Brown works both ways.

You are very wrong there applemad - it was Packie who was going a bit nuts not Philly Jordan. I'll be sure to ask Philly the next time I see him which Clonmore man slags him about 2003 in Omagh for something he didn't do!
[/quote] Clonmore??????

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stew on July 25, 2012, 05:27:08 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2012, 10:12:50 AM
Interesting that Coldrick was the ref in all 3 of Tyrone's defeats in 2012.

Ah ffs come on man dear...................................... I hope you are not implying that he is the reason you lot are no longer in the championship, are you?

He's incompetent, really woeful, but maybe coincidental. Once this year would have done us, but why do the goons in the hierarchy keep afflicting us with him?

haranguerer

Quote from: eddie d on July 24, 2012, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Hashtag on July 24, 2012, 10:08:25 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 24, 2012, 09:53:16 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 23, 2012, 08:18:54 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2012, 06:05:08 PM
Quote from: drici on July 23, 2012, 02:23:58 PM

Nice moment. In what other sport in the world would you see something like this?

Almost all of them. Lets not get carried away

Yeah, it's a regular occurrence to see Alex Ferguson on the pitch at Anfield signing autographs for Liverpool fans and let's not forget the wonderful sight of Martin Johnson signing autographs in Croke Park for throngs of Irish fans or Bill Belchevik on the pitch at MetLife stadium signing autographs for New York giants fans.

None of these have ever happened. Your source is incorrect.

i believe it was sarcasm, as haranguerers post was stupid

You really think a liverpool fan has never asked for alex fergusons autograph, an irish fan for martin johnsons? Do you think they refused? So yes, almost all of them is the correct answer, sorry to burst your sycophantic bubble.

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2012, 03:22:42 PM
Looked at the starting line ups for the Tyrone v Kerry all ireland final in 2008.

Big changes on both teams but Tyrone were undoubtedly the team that was short of players.

Out of the starting line ups on that day Kerry had 9 players starting last Saturday whilst Tyrone had only 5.

Kerry claims to have exorcised the Tyrone ghost  last Saturday eveing is well wide of the mark.

That said, Kerry were awesome and some of their passing, movement and scoring was a sight to behold. You can't take that away from them.

Tyrone are in major transition and with only 5 playing form 2008 team, no wonder it's taking a while to rebuild the Tyrone team and are not as far away as some would have you believe. Rome wasn't built in a day or two days either. Time is needed.

I think only 4 of the starters started in 2008. Am I wrong? McConnell, Gormley, McMahon and Penrose?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2012, 10:32:14 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2012, 03:22:42 PM

I think only 4 of the starters started in 2008. Am I wrong? McConnell, Gormley, McMahon and Penrose?

Mc Connell, Gormley, Penrose, Mc Mahon and Mulligan

ONeill

Mugsy didn't start in 08. Came on late on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2012, 10:38:47 PM
Mugsy didn't start in 08. Came on late on.

Apologies - you're 100% right.

Only the 4 lads you mentioned.

rrhf

Hugh Douglas didn't start either

Orchardman

They ended up throwing on ricey, mcguigan and o'neill so their plenty of old heads to give satisfaction to kerry for finally beating them.

hsthompson

Coming out tomorrow that Ricey is retiring apparently? Anyone else heard this? To be expected in fairness