Enda Muldoon has retired

Started by theticklemister, March 15, 2012, 09:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Just to let people know that Enda Muldoon has retired from county football. One of the greatest players to emerge from the county, the 'Big Easy' will be missed! Thanks big lad for the memories!

orangeman

One of THE very best.

He owes Derry nothing.

DuffleKing

Fine footballer.

Did he win an Ulster championship medal in 2000?

sheamy

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 15, 2012, 10:13:22 AM
Fine footballer.

Did he win an Ulster championship medal in 2000?

fitzroyalty

Class act and one of my favourite players to watch. All the best.

ziggysego

Always enjoyed watching Enda play. A big lost to Derry. Happy retirement.
Testing Accessibility

Onlooker

Fine player and great servant to club and county.  I remember the late Eamonn Coleman pay a great tribute to him when he said "Muldoon is something special".

Fuzzman

Excellent footballer and every time he played ye often thought if only there was another of him to be at FF as well as at MF.

Suffered a lot with injuries and probably never really got a good run alongside Fergal Doherty.
Did he win an Ulster medal back back in 1998?
Hard to believe it's 13 years since ye've won Ulster.

Sorry to say such a Tyrone statement but I often wondered does he look at Tyrone the last 10 years and think if only Ballinderry had played in Tyrone and not Derry.
I'm sure its been discussed before but maybe for those who don't know can anyone explain that if the parish is in Tyrone why did they play in the Derry league?
Ah I see below half is in Tyrone and half is in Derry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballinderry

If only Seanie Johnston had such a loophole.

Onlooker

I have always found the Tyrone/Derry connection with Ballinderry very interesting.  When Ballinderry won the All Ireland Club title I remember the suggestions that they should be playing in Tyrone rather than Derry, to which a Tyrone man replied "If ye give us Enda Muldoon, ye can keep the rest of them".

Conallach

A fantastic player. Can't say a bad word about him and always stood out for me on every Derry team he played in. Wish him all the best in the future.

loughshore lad

A brilliant player not only for Derry but even more so for the shamrocks, best club player of the recent era in my opinion.

haranguerer

A joy to watch - talent like very few others

Gabriel_Hurl

The finest man from Tyrone to have never played for them

imtommygunn

There was always a rumour that in 95 when Derry lost the AI minor final to westmeath he went and celebrated(on the pitch) with the westmeath boys.

Great player - second best club player of recent era to Oisin McConville in my view.

I think to be honest he suffered a wee bit from his own versatility. I'm still not sure what his best position was.

Onlooker

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2012, 04:09:46 PM
There was always a rumour that in 95 when Derry lost the AI minor final to westmeath he went and celebrated(on the pitch) with the westmeath boys.

Great player - second best club player of recent era to Oisin McConville in my view.

I think to be honest he suffered a wee bit from his own versatility. I'm still not sure what his best position was.
I was at that match and I think I am correct in saying that Muldoon had a goal disallowed that would have won the All Ireland for Derry.  Is my memory of the day accurate.