Enda Muldoon has retired

Started by theticklemister, March 15, 2012, 09:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Any craic on March 17, 2012, 08:00:46 AM
Enda Muldoon explains the reasons for his retirement and says Derry 'underachieved'. See the interview from Friday night's game at Ballinderry to mark the 10th anniversary of their All Ireland win, here:
http://tinyurl.com/7fqdwrq

Any craic not to want to knock your good work but that video is pretty much unwatchable - it just stutters all the way through. Tried it on a few browsers too and still the same...

haranguerer

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2012, 08:47:40 AM
Often think about that phrase 'he owes ........ nothing'.

WTF does that mean? Do you know of anyone who owes the county something?

Good call - its one of those statements someone said once and various other people thought it sounded great.

Altho I think a right few on another thread reckon Seanie Johnson has an anglo-irishesque debt to Cavan  ;D

Any craic

no offence taken imotommygun but it isn't the video cos I've watched in a few times and it sails through.

haranguerer

Quote from: Any craic on March 17, 2012, 10:56:25 AM
no offence taken imotommygun but it isn't the video cos I've watched in a few times and it sails through.

True, its grand

imtommygunn

Quote from: Any craic on March 17, 2012, 10:56:25 AM

right, will try replacing the flash player then.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2012, 02:34:43 PM
The finest man from Tyrone to have never played for them

And finer than most who did. None of your diving and injury feigning and trash talking and sly digging and bollix-cupping and imaginary-card-waving and spitting and sticking-your-finger-up-your-opponent's arse and crowd-applauding and pulling-the-jersey-over-the-head-ing and soccer-aping and yards-stealing and goalkeeper-encroaching and rule-ignoring with big Enda.

That this thread has got so far without an opponent trying to belittle Enda says all that need to be said.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

He'll be remembered for his red card v Paddy Campbell in '06.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2012, 09:44:56 PM
He'll be remembered for his red card v Paddy Campbell in '06.

As he should be. See my above post.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Orior

I have always admired Enda Muldoon. May he enjoy his retirement.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Quote from: Orior on March 17, 2012, 11:11:43 PM

Another bollix statement. Enjoy what? He's living on the lough shore with the pollan depleted.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2012, 11:26:06 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 17, 2012, 11:11:43 PM

Another bollix statement. Enjoy what? He's living on the lough shore with the pollan depleted.

And the flies about to start up again !!

jodyb

While I'm vexed to see him go, i'm not surprised. Two older club members told me back in september that they and several other (Tyrone side of the border) senior members were doin their damnedest to get him to quit the county, but that he just wasn't for budging.

I suppose Derry's poor form this year to date and the prospect of relegation to Div 3 didn't help his resolve much :( :(

Anyway the very best of luck to him, a true sporting gentleman!

Hardy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 17, 2012, 09:20:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2012, 02:34:43 PM
The finest man from Tyrone to have never played for them

And finer than most who did. None of your diving and injury feigning and trash talking and sly digging and bollix-cupping and imaginary-card-waving and spitting and sticking-your-finger-up-your-opponent’s arse and crowd-applauding and pulling-the-jersey-over-the-head-ing and soccer-aping and yards-stealing and goalkeeper-encroaching and rule-ignoring with big Enda.

That this thread has got so far without an opponent trying to belittle Enda says all that need to be said.

Hey!

Good luck and thanks to Enda. I always enjoyed watching him play.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2012, 08:47:40 AM
Often think about that phrase 'he owes ........ nothing'.

WTF does that mean? Do you know of anyone who owes the county something?

It is a daft statement. Do all players start of with a debt and aspire to getting their account down to zero before they retire?
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

One of the greatest players ever never to play for his county.