Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Enda always knew how to answer Tyrone bollixes

orangeman

Quote from: sheamy on March 19, 2012, 10:25:50 AM
Enda always knew how to answer Tyrone bollixes

Nice memories to have.

Newbridge Exile

Fantastic player and a true gentleman, earliest memory I have  off him was in the Ulster minor championship of 95, when he was playing centre half forward against Armagh  and gave an exhibition of high fielding which was all the more remarkable in that he was being marked by one of the McEntees that day ( might have been u21 the following year the more I think of it)

saffron sam2

Quote from: Hardy on March 18, 2012, 02:19:47 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 17, 2012, 09:20:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2012, 02:34:43 PM
The finest man from Tyrone to have never played for them

And finer than most who did. None of your diving and injury feigning and trash talking and sly digging and bollix-cupping and imaginary-card-waving and spitting and sticking-your-finger-up-your-opponent's arse and crowd-applauding and pulling-the-jersey-over-the-head-ing and soccer-aping and yards-stealing and goalkeeper-encroaching and rule-ignoring with big Enda.

That this thread has got so far without an opponent trying to belittle Enda says all that need to be said.

Hey!

With respect, you missed out on biting and eye-gouging and referee-intimidating.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hardy

That's true, but I was leaving rugby out of it altogether.

(I'm sure I'm not alone but it's a great standby when rugby wallahs in the pub start going on about the latest handbags session in a GAA match that's been top headline on the 6-O'clock news. "Ah well, at least nobody got their eye gouged out or their ear bitten off.")

moysider

I m disappointed I didn t see him play more often. Brolly used to go on about him out of context when anybody was playin.

I only remember him playing live once or twice. And then only as a sub I as far as I can recollect. TV doesn t really count and I don t remember him much there either.

It s a big weakness in the game. We don t get to see the top players enough.