McConville gloats about beating Dr Crokes, expects an easier win this time

Started by Mike Sheehy, February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Fierce niggle of a game, poor ref, terrible amount of diving

Well done to the victors .................................. did Oisin muster a smile, oul slack jaw on him  ;)

Rawhide

We're entitled to rejoice in Cross' win today, after the ampunt of crying that came out of kerry after the junior semi final. The Dr Crokes jumps on the band wagon slabbering about segragation. They would make you sick.
cccc is a true supporter lol

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM
From Hoganstand.com

QuoteMcConville: Crokes comments could motivate Cross'
14 February 2012

Crossmaglen's Oisin McConvilleOisin McConville admits Dr Crokes' segregation comments could further motivate Crossmaglen.

As the defending All-Ireland club football champions prepare to put their title on the line against the Kerry kingpins this weekend, former Armagh star McConville says in the Examiner that Crokes' call for fan segregation will probably increase the Crossmaglen resolve, although he also adds that they are already motivated by a desire to improve on their performances against the same opposition in the 2007 All-Ireland final(s):

"I'd be lying if I said it hasn't had some sort of an effect. I'm not sure we really needed that much motivation.

"A part of motivation for Crokes is we feel we didn't do ourselves justice, especially in the first game when I think we were lucky to get a draw and I think everybody would accept that.

"In last year's semi-final, we were dead and buried, came back, dead and buried, came back. Last year's All-Ireland final, we did enough to get across the line. I'd rather we went out and expressed ourselves.

"If we do come across a team that is better than us that's fair enough but to actually put in a real, real good performance.

"I just know there are big, big performances in us, whether it's the next day or if we have a day after that..."

Kiss my

thebandit

Cross are Cross, end of story.

Oisin took the game by the scruff of the neck for 5 minutes in the first half and that swung things. Aaron Kernan, Jamie Clarke and James Morgan were outstanding. Hard luck to Crokes, not many teams in any sport can do what Cross do on suc a regular basis.

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on February 18, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Some people shouldn't be let next or near sport.

I'm over the moon Garycastle won.
C'mon Leinster!
We showed those bastards from the west!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rawhide on February 18, 2012, 04:55:41 PM
We're entitled to rejoice in Cross' win today, after the ampunt of crying that came out of kerry after the junior semi final. The Dr Crokes jumps on the band wagon slabbering about segragation. They would make you sick.
This is true.
Even I'm almost glad Cross won. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mike Sheehy

I never liked Crokes anyway. They are not that popular in East Kerry.So it was a win-win situation really.

armaghniac

QuoteI never liked Crokes anyway.

I'm sure the feeling was mutual.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

spuds

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 18, 2012, 06:28:41 PM
I never liked Crokes anyway. They are not that popular in East Kerry.So it was a win-win situation really.
Surely for a sour snipe like yourself it is termed a lose-lose situation.  :)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

red n black

Well done Crossmaglen, i hope they go and bring back another all Ireland!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Fair play to Cross...1-5 to 0-1 down after 20...down to a man and level with what 13 to go, and still they come through. You have to admire them. Their record over the past 15 years or so is phenomenal and I fancy they will pick up the Andy Merrigan cup for the 6th time on Paddys day.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

magpie seanie

Cross are just an example to us all. First class. Looks like they'll do it again the next day.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

everymanaman

As a matter of curiosity. How many of the Crossmaglen team are actual local lads and not blow ins from other clubs?

Etienne Lantier

Quote from: everymanaman on February 18, 2012, 08:27:20 PM
As a matter of curiosity. How many of the Crossmaglen team are actual local lads and not blow ins from other clubs?

Don't know if any are blow ins, in fact Aaron Cunningham and a few of the other younger players were only born within four doors of each other.