McConville gloats about beating Dr Crokes, expects an easier win this time

Started by Mike Sheehy, February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteDon't know if any are blow ins, in fact Aaron Cunningham and a few of the other younger players were only born within four doors of each other.

I'd say pretty much everyone played for Cross since under-10.

If Seanie Johnston wanted to play for Rangers he'd have to live in Cross for years before they'd let him in.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

Far fewer tourists on this current cross team I think. Apart from the brennan lad that started today I don't think that could be cast at anyone?

magpie seanie

I don't think you'd have the sustained success unless it was largely home grown.

brokencrossbar1

Brennan is the only "blow in" but his family are from Cross originally, he just lived in Newry for years.  And just so people realise over the years there have been very few "blow ins".  Gareth O'Neill (married to Dora McConville and moved back to the town), John Donaldson and Colm O'Neill.  COlm O'Neill did play under age for us instead of Culloville though as they had no team.  Every one else all Cross men from birth!

Mike Sheehy

BennyCake

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 19, 2012, 11:34:05 AM
Go ahead. Its the natural brit response isn't it ?

Oh the Brit card is pulled out again. How very sad  ::)

Onlooker

Ah poor Mike.  A lot of you Kerry people find it very hard to accept a defeat by anyone. 

everymanaman

Bet Mikey is really looking forward to the pancake contest on Tuesday where he is a nailed on cert to win the Kerry title

5 Sams

With all due respect to BC1 and his teamates yesterday's 2nd half performance was one of the best ever from any Cross team. Playing against a v strong wind,  minus their v influential centre half back and down to 14 men..... to come back and beat a team of the quality of Crokes....awesome stuff.
The Aristocrat Years

whiskeysteve

poor fella. :( you'll get a bit of attention on the gaaboard now and again to compensate, don't worry  :)
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Seamus

First of all congrats to Cross, it was some come back against a quality team.

Quote from: Onlooker on February 19, 2012, 01:07:09 PM
Ah poor Mike.  A lot of you Kerry people find it very hard to accept a defeat by anyone.

What a load of shiite. Go to http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4175&page=3 to see Kerry fans reaction to the result. That is where the real proof of how gracious Kerry people are even in defeat. Maybe now you will refrain from making such childish comments.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

NaomhBridAbĂș

watched the game yesterday and again today - amazing result. Some team...comeback form 7 points behind with only 14 mean against a team like crokes. Am delighted for them - as a tyrone fan? as a fan of GAA, id say that goes downa s one of the best team performances of the last few years.

That it happened to be against a team from kerry, makes it even sweeter
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

armaghniac

Seamus, we know there is a difference between real Kerry football people and an American WUM.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Seamus

Quote from: armaghniac on February 19, 2012, 09:08:57 PM
Seamus, we know there is a difference between real Kerry football people and an American WUM.

Armaighnaic, fair play to you, you are one are one of the class acts on this board, you are probably one of the great contributors to our forum as well. Obviously the members of this site are passionate about their "sport". Don't be envious of winners nor celebrate losers. The vast majority of Kerry people are delighted with the Northern resurgences, the Tyrone, Armagh and Downs of this world, there is no fun in winning All Irelands every year  ;)

It's a shame that Irish people in general hate winners. The respect we have got for Crossmaglen is immense, maybe only us (and Kilkenny) understand.  This board leaves a lot to be desired   

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".