McConville gloats about beating Dr Crokes, expects an easier win this time

Started by Mike Sheehy, February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghranger12

Quote from: ballymac on February 23, 2012, 02:00:42 PM
A quick question to brokencrossbar1 I was wondering what your youth setup is like within the club. Is the club as successful at minor and u 16 level and what grade do they play at?

Cross underage take part in the top tier of all competitions, last year they had a good under 12/13 team, their u14 won the county Feila and where beat by Killeavy in Championship and league final (Could be wrong). The under16 where very weak and minors where beat by a good Cullyhanna minor team. Finally the U21's where beat by Clans in the quarter-finals but it was played 4 days before the Ulster club Semi against Ballinderry and young Morgan wasn't played.

All in all cross underage is not bad but the structure and managers is top class.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 23, 2012, 09:27:31 AM
Are u serious Granemore? They couldn't even beat the Nab who Cross give a footballing lesson to. Cullyhanna had cross beat but could finish then off and cross won.  So many times down the years Cross were on the verge of been beat Ogs Dromintee Harps all had the chances but hadn't got the bottle to finish the game off.

I don't think that any team in Armagh would give Ulster a real go at the start of the season their goals have to be to try and win the Armagh Championship not an Ulster. Ogs didn't care if they beat St Galls or not they were just happy with the County and rightly so.
I think it would be naive to judge Armagh football on last year's final result. The Nab simply froze on the day and got hammered. The semi against Granemore was their real final IMO, parish rivalry and all that.

I still maintain Pearse Og are as good a team in Ulster and would be winning championships in any of the other counties. No other county has a club like Cross in it. When push comes to shove Cross know how to win games, saying teams like Cullyhanna, Harps etc don't have the bottle to win is a bit unfair. Cross never know when they're beat, Kilmacud Crokes and Dr Crokes this year and last proves that point.

armaghniac

QuoteAll in all cross underage is not bad but the structure and managers is top class.

They have all the children off handpassing for Lent.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mike Sheehy

in fairness Garrycastle must be lapping this up. A complete hero whorship scenario in terms Cossmaglen. I think this hubris on the part of the Nordie team will backfire.

norabeag

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 25, 2012, 08:27:59 AM
in fairness Garrycastle must be lapping this up. A complete hero whorship scenario in terms Cossmaglen. I think this hubris on the part of the Nordie team will backfire.
Aye after 15 years it might some day :)

heffo

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 25, 2012, 08:27:59 AM

When another teams produces the goods like Crossmaglen have done over a prolonged period, I'm sure they'll be equalled feted.