Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

we're in it. haven't trained yet either!

loughshore lad

Culchy

Who is the moortown man taking Rasharkin? Is it fudgie?

culchy1

no sorry l'shore lad, i was mistaken when i was last speakin to you.
i was told it was fudgie quinn, but it is actually enda quinn.
he took the moortowns minors and u21's to grade 2 championships over the last lot of years.
he isnt that old, maybe early 30's. hes been down to meet the players a couple of weeks ago.
i dont want 2 scud him but i think he'll do a good job, well couldnt do any worse than last year.
do know who he is. i know theres a lock o quinns up round the lough l'shore lad.

is this ur first year entering ulster league slim, spose it wud be better than havin to arrange friendlies,
not that yous wud have another bother gettin opposition. starts bit early though, think it starts 4th feb.

SlimShady

starts 4th Feb yeah, and it is indeed our first year in it. The last group games are early March anyhow.

FreeTaker

Club Managers continued:

st galls- sean mc gourty
st pauls- eddie mc toal

milltown row

as far as i know sean will not be the manager. position has not been filled in club for senior manager

johnjoe

Re club managers etc, a lot of different faces from last year.

Is Mc Toal and JC the only two still there from last year?

What about Lamh Dearg, any news yet from the top of the hill?

Whats the inside track on Downey. Max, you def dont seem to be a fan.  Will he bring in a right hand man, and if so who? Will he bring out the best in Portglenone?

Whats the view from Moneyglass, didnt he do a spell there?

And will Quinn take Rasharkin on a bit. Whats his credentials?

Maximus Marillius

Downey was a complete disaster last year, it wasnt the fact that we got beat in the championship it was his organisation and the actual poor performance of the team that reflected badly on him.

johnjoe

Portglenone should be a good test for him. They still see themselves as a top three or four team at worst. Time will tell tho!
Big year for them both.

Incidentally, Antrim could be interesting this year. Creggan, Lamh Dearg and St Pauls will all be pushing on this year too, so there will be a lot of tight meaningful games to look forward to, even allowing for the battle between the big two, Cargin and St Galls.

Think the standard in Antrim is improving all the time. St Galls raised the bar, and Cargin matched that intensity. Can any of the chasing pack close the gap, or is it going to open up further in the next few years?

hightower

I hear creggan are training 2 nights a week already, they are keen and I think they pulling out all the stops to finish in the top 8 off the league by all accounts.Talking to a fella called Mc Quillian at work,he tells me Enda Quinn is the up and coming manager in tyrone

Cromagh

Downey at Portglenone - my god........they are a real knowledgeable outfit that lot.....

They have had some top managers......Gerry McPeake, Black Eddie, Kevin Kidd ;D and now paddy downey

Enough said. They deserve all they get - People who never succeed at Bellaghy in Management  - add that with the players who they took from Bellaghy reserves -  ;D ;D ;D

culchy1

hightower, ur mates at works nickname wudnt be sweetchuck wud it! ha ha ha.

i dont honestly know much about enda, just what ive heard and he was down one nite talkin to the players.
but he certainly has made an impression from all that i have seen of him.
looking forward to see how all the others react to him when we start trainin.
as you wud expect hes big into the tyrone way of playin football.

hopefully we can give div 2 a good shout this year if not win it, im not for presuming we will because in div 2 its a real battle.
but on the positive we have owen quinn and jarlath (chisel) mooney back this year after a year in oz.