Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4046243 times)

saffron89

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #38880 on: Today at 07:50:50 AM »
Some strange faces on the antrim hurling panel yesterday
Hard to gett boys out at this time of year but still thought weíd have more
Hard to get boys though when continually Antrim management has taken boys
In who havenít trained with panel about march and April time
Hopefully CDall will provide about 7/8 after all Ireland run

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #38881 on: Today at 09:46:05 AM »
Is there anything you havenít done ffs ::)

I know it is somewhat down to parents / coaches but if you think U10ís arenít competitive in their own right your very mistaken.

Kids are inherently competitive and that's a good thing which can be harnessed in the correct manner.

What MR2 is talking about is something different when coaches and parents think they're shouting at adults in a senior championship game rather than a bunch of 10 or 12 year olds.

It's hard to get through to a coach that winning isn't important as wrongly they think they are judged by results, well by those with a titter of wit.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #38882 on: Today at 10:04:46 AM »
It's good. It raises the age in which kids play competitively from 12 to 13. Less pressure. More fun.

I take it you donít coach any U10ís or 12ís or been to any of the blitzes or tournaments.?

This age change will make zero difference.

Maybe I should've clarified what I meant a bit better.  I meant that kids will not be taking part in any formal divisional board or county run competitions.  If individual clubs run competitive tournaments then of course people will be competitive and as MR said, overly competitive to the point where it's stupid.  If coaches and parents can't hold themselves back at those competitions, then that isn't the fault of the county board.  The county imo making formal competition starting at 13 is a good thing.  If clubs, coaches and paretns choose to be OVERLY competitive below that then that in my opinion that's wrong.  You can't take competitiveness out of kids but you can control the arena in which they play.

cfclg

• View Profile
« Reply #38883 on: Today at 12:04:55 PM »
I think the new u13 age group should still be very much about participation rather than winning leagues or c/ships. Everyone should get game time at this level.
Only from the new u15 level up should clubs start picking their 'best 15' etc.

What about the Feile, will it move from u14 to u13 or u15?

Sweeper 123

• View Profile
« Reply #38884 on: Today at 12:48:00 PM »
Will u19 replace the old U18 or does it replace U21 ? Will there be an all county U19 league or is it just championship like U21?

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #38885 on: Today at 01:11:14 PM »
we have a meeting Wednesday night to gauge the opinions on it in the club and if we will be opposing it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38886 on: Today at 01:42:23 PM »
we have a meeting Wednesday night to gauge the opinions on it in the club and if we will be opposing it.

for the year? or just in general?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)