Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4299669 times)

Jesusjones

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39465 on: September 16, 2019, 05:39:12 PM »
Good highlights of yesterday's matches on the BBC website. Mark Sidebottom critical of both referees during the commentary.

Out of all the good points yesterday, Sidebottom/BBC had to include the incident with Watson and the corner back.

Two very enjoyable games, I thought Cushendall had the beating of St Johns when the half time whistle blew. St Johns took their chances from placed balls and fair play.

I thought Dunloy were well worth their victory.

Thought St. John's got a few handy frees. The thing with Watson and the corner back was a bit of handbags. Nothing in it worth talking about. He can still take a score when he gets a chance. Pity the other Loughgiel forwards didn't support him. Dunloy had a far better spread of scores and more options up front and that was the difference.

A few handy frees? Quite alot...

Watson still has it surely..
Was trying to be diplomatic... But yeah, quite a lot.

No point being diplomatic.. I'd love to see a re run and do a free count.
Can't give you the total free count but scorable frees McManus 0-4 from 5. Nugent 0-11 from 12.

As I see it

• View Profile
« Reply #39466 on: September 16, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »
Skinny made a few poor calls but Dall were appealing for absolutely everything a lot of them were frees through silly tackles ,every time someone got ball in hand they were shouting steps or every hand pass they were calling for a throw,Dall should have pushed on when 8 up then the poor calls would have been irrelevant.
Dunloy learnt lessons from last year and were better team ,molloy took a lot of abuse and was unlucky not to have been awarded more frees Loughguile seemed to get them handier at the other end

Straighttalker76

• View Profile
« Reply #39467 on: September 16, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
Refereeing in 2nd game was pretty poor to be honest giving frees when the advantage was the better option namely bringing a free back to the 21 for a foul on w**ker when the advantage had young mc grath scoring a goal giving hop balls when the ball had been worked out and not having the cahoneys to put Watson off who had a good game but if it wasnt seen by umpires or linesman and he didn't see it then what can he do.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #39468 on: September 17, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
Well done to Sambo on his induction into the GAA Hall of Fame.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39469 on: September 17, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #39470 on: September 17, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »
Well done sambo

Straighttalker76

• View Profile
« Reply #39471 on: September 18, 2019, 10:49:17 AM »
Well deserved sambo. He has put some hours into hurling over the years

Straighttalker76

• View Profile
« Reply #39472 on: September 19, 2019, 09:12:59 AM »
I hear the minor and intermediate finals are a double header next Saturday in cushendall