All-Ireland Senior Football final - Kerry v Dublin 18/09/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Pangurban on September 18, 2011, 07:22:21 PM
Brilliant game,best team won, congrats to the Dubs

A lot of old rubbish on here, well done the Dubs and enjoy your night. Bitterness is alive and well, if any other team won an AI final against Kerry in this manner, this forum would be covered in w**k stains. Again, well done.

clarshack

Quote from: Rossfan on September 18, 2011, 07:16:42 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 18, 2011, 07:08:11 PM
The dublin supporters around me were also terrible and some of their comments were a disgrace, it was obvious many of them had little knowledge of Gaa and the rules from what they were saying. The walk back Dorset st. wasn't much better with every Kerry fan getting the "cheerio" chant and "who are ya".

And then they wonder why 31 Counties can't stand to see them win anything.

McQuillan will be the GAA's darling for many a day as he made sure Kerry didnt get the chance to equalise. Mind you another €4m in the coffers should have softened the blow of Dublin not winning.
Time for timekeeping duties to be taken from Refs and have an official clock up there in public for everyone to see.
Can you imagine how  long a game would last if the clock was stopped every time the ref blew for a free and then started again as freetaker starts his run  ::)
Of course that will never happen as the GAA might not always get the result they want.

this is said every year. a very good proposal that is never implemented.

EC Unique

Well done dubs. After they beat Tyrone in the fashion they did I hoped they would go all the way. Also it is always nice to see Kerry beaten no matter what.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ballinaman

Well done Dublin, showed serious balls to come back and take it in the end.

As for Kerry.....unusual for them to leave a game go like that when they had it in the bag.

Donnacha Walsh was poor throughout, caught in possession numerous times.

Galvin was very quite, didn't influence the game. Maybe brought on too early, O'Leary was unlucky to be taken off ahead of Walsh.

Sheehan had a great game, could be in with a shout for MOM

Orior

Congrats to the Dubs and I hope all the Dublin posters here enjoy the celebrations.

Best All-Ireland I've seen on TV for a long time.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

john mcgill

Congratulations to Dublin. The Hill was great once again. Have a great time all you Dubs

orangeman

Fair play to Dublin. Great to see them win.

Kerry can't reallty have many complaints after having been in what looked in an unassailable position.

A team with Kerry's experience should have closed that game out.

Kerry will be sick. Dublin will be celebrating for a long time after this. Can't see Jack sending Joe a Xmas card. ;)

Ref should have added the time on at the end. Kerry will feel very aggreived at this. A lot of Dublin clubs will be glad to see a result - the hunt for tickets in the event of a replay would have been just too much 2nd time round.

bridgegael

wel done to dublin,  fully deserved their win today.  bernard was gettin a bit emotional talking about alan,  great to see.  when was last time two brothers won  POTY two years running.  o se's maybe?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Shamrock Shore

Enjoyed that - just home. Great atmosphere. Not the greatest football ever but the final 10 mins were arse clenching. There will be hangings in Kerry over the winter over tossing this one away but I don't mean to take it away from The Dubs.

Dub 'Spiderman' at half time was a star. I believe he was on the pitch as well at the end.

Ah....the Dubballein wit.

There won't be a cow milked here in Blackrock tonight.

brianboru00

Thought Galvin did quite well actually. Declan O Sullivan was atrocious, he normally thrives against the Dubs but he was very poor i possession today and directly at fault for the goal. The Kerry defence had pushed right up , Kerry were in crusie control closing the game out-  all they had to do is ensure Dublin didn t get a goal and O Sullivan, not for the first time today makes a ridiculous decision to pass to a congested area and Dublin move the ball down field and get a goal to bring it back to a point.

The referee was shocking today and again a ridiculous decision not to add on an extra minute for that free at the end.

Cluxton was my MOTM. He stopped a certain point from Sheehans free, scored two points including the winner which he stroked over very calmly and was solid in goal again. couldn t do much about the goal

seafoid

Quote from: EC Unique on September 18, 2011, 07:37:01 PM
Well done dubs. After they beat Tyrone in the fashion they did I hoped they would go all the way. Also it is always nice to see Kerry beaten no matter what.

Isn't it just? Especially when they are 4 points up with 10 minutes to go and lose by a point.
All those Kerry players trying to catch up with fellas that have 7 all Ireland medals would sicken  anyone outside the county.

It was great to hear the Dub accent in the post match interviews, a nice change from all those culchie and northern twangs
janowarrameyan.

Kerry spent a lot of time going backwards in the last 5 minutes. 

ONeill

Great occasion - really enjoyed that game - even when there were only a few scores after 20 minutes it was riveting stuff due to the talent on the field.

Three seconds of sheer balls by McMenaman changed the game. Dublin looked buried at 1-10 to 0-9 down.

Never thought I'd audibly cheer on the Dubs. As someone said, I've exorcised the ghosts of '95.

Great finish to the minor game too. Fine finale to the inter-county season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: thewobbler on September 18, 2011, 05:03:18 PM
The referee should be hung, drawn and quartered for that. 1 mins 35 secs of injury time was used up by Dublin's freetaker, and he added only 15 secs the other way. I've little time for Kerry, but that is disgusting.

Same thing happened in the All Ireland semi-final in 2005. Paddy Russell added on 2 minutes injury time; free awarded at 70:45 - Wee Peter and Muggsy have a conflab as to who is taking the free - Paul Hearty kicks the ball out at 72:15 and Russell blows for time. 

Delighted for Dublin today - they've had some very painful days out in Croke Park - great to see them get a turn - a victory built on spirit, character, mental fortitude etc. Fair play to them.

Farrandeelin

Congrats to Dublin and all the Dublin posters on here. Enjoy the celebrations for the next week, month maybe!

Regards the game itself, I didn't think the football was great. I thought it was quite average in fact. Never did I see two poor midfields contest an All-Ireland final. Sheehan was good from frees and when he got the ball, but was there a clean catch all game?

Mighty stroke by Gilroy to bring McMenamon on. I don't know how he doesn't start to be honest. He has a great engine and took his goal well too. Seen as Dublin have learned the hard way to get to the summit, it could take them a while to be knocked off it.

As seafoid said earlier on this thread, it is really sweet beating Kerry after being 4 points down with 6/7 minutes to go. It goes to show if teams have belief and a collective will to win, anything is possible.

As for the ref, enough has been said about him without me having to add anything.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.