All-Ireland Senior Football final - Kerry v Dublin 18/09/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yes - good point. Maybe that was a ropy one.

Kerry could have won the game - ref not to blame.

johnpower

Quote from: moysider on September 18, 2011, 10:16:37 PM
Quote from: timmyot501 on September 18, 2011, 10:00:14 PM
Who will RTE give man of the match to?  McManamen and cluxton were the heros but don't think either will get the nod. Bernard Brogan was maybe the pick though O'Sullivan at the back for the dubs wuz fairly good too. McAuley maybe in with a shout too??

Pat Spillane talking utter nonsense now on Sunday Game. So is McStay tbh.

As for MOM. With 6 minutes to go you would be looking at 4 Kerrymen before you would mention a Dub. I thought Cooper, Donaghy, Darren O Sull,  and Sheehan [the best of the lot tbh]. If they have to give it to the winner then McMen, Clux, Brogans, McAul look the most likely.

What are you on about?

Rossfan

If they have to give it to the winner then McMen, Clux, Brogans, McAul look the most likely.
Does McStay ever talk anything else?
Of course they'll give mom to a winner and it will be Cluxton.
Easier than trying to analyse the game and the individual performances.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: johnpower on September 18, 2011, 10:28:15 PM
Who will RTE give man of the match to?  McManamen and cluxton were the heros but don't think either will get the nod. Bernard Brogan was maybe the pick though O'Sullivan at the back for the dubs wuz fairly good too. McAuley maybe in with a shout too??

As for MOM. With 6 minutes to go you would be looking at 4 Kerrymen before you would mention a Dub. I thought Cooper, Donaghy, Darren O Sull,  and Sheehan [the best of the lot tbh]. If they have to give it to the winner then McMen, Clux, Brogans, McAul look the most likely.

What are you on about?

Man of Match I think.

johnpower

Quote from: moysider on September 18, 2011, 10:38:08 PM

What are you on about?

Man of Match I think.

It has not been announced yet .I think Pat Spillane and Kevin McStay are right about the kerry tactics .

comethekingdom

What a day in Croker. The atmosphere was electric. The build up was fantastic, the scramble for the elusive tickets and then the game - First of all fair play to the dubs they are deserving winners of their AI after all the knocks they have took over the years. I guess our boys were thinking it was job done with 7 to go so they decided to play the ball about laterally across the pitch and then Declans pass got intercepted and the result was that great goal. Then when they smelt blood with the Hill on song they got the necessary scores to win the match. Thought the ref was shocking but neverthless there will always be talking points about him. I felt sorry for the Gooch but I guess the old no 13 superstition still holds true!! I think the dubs win today had shades of our consession of the lead against Armagh in 2002. Anyway as the man says - we cant win it every year and I want to acknowledge the efforts of the boys from the Kingdom over the last 10 yrs or so as they have given us tremendous enjoyment and fantastic days in Croker. Thanks lads and best wishes to all the dubs - Enjoy it but dont tear the ass out of it as ye wont want the whole country saying ye are hard to listen to!

deiseach

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 18, 2011, 10:57:34 PM
What a day in Croker. The atmosphere was electric. The build up was fantastic, the scramble for the elusive tickets and then the game - First of all fair play to the dubs they are deserving winners of their AI after all the knocks they have took over the years. I guess our boys were thinking it was job done with 7 to go so they decided to play the ball about laterally across the pitch and then Declans pass got intercepted and the result was that great goal. Then when they smelt blood with the Hill on song they got the necessary scores to win the match. Thought the ref was shocking but neverthless there will always be talking points about him. I felt sorry for the Gooch but I guess the old no 13 superstition still holds true!! I think the dubs win today had shades of our consession of the lead against Armagh in 2002. Anyway as the man says - we cant win it every year and I want to acknowledge the efforts of the boys from the Kingdom over the last 10 yrs or so as they have given us tremendous enjoyment and fantastic days in Croker. Thanks lads and best wishes to all the dubs - Enjoy it but dont tear the ass out of it as ye wont want the whole country saying ye are hard to listen to!

+1

mckieran

What was the official attendance today?

I agree with the posters that say the ref should have allowed Kerry one final attack. There was a stoppage for the free and it wasnt accounted for. It has always been an issue since they brought in the injury time being announced; refs dont seem to note that it is the "minimum" time added, but actually seem to use it as the "maximum"!

I dont begrudge Dublin their victory, but I thought a draw would be the fairest result. And what a match the replay would have been!

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

orangeman

Quote from: mckieran on September 18, 2011, 11:06:36 PM
What was the official attendance today?I agree with the posters that say the ref should have allowed Kerry one final attack. There was a stoppage for the free and it wasnt accounted for. It has always been an issue since they brought in the injury time being announced; refs dont seem to note that it is the "minimum" time added, but actually seem to use it as the "maximum"!

I dont begrudge Dublin their victory, but I thought a draw would be the fairest result. And what a match the replay would have been!

moysider

Quote from: johnpower on September 18, 2011, 10:40:55 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 18, 2011, 10:38:08 PM

What are you on about?

Man of Match I think.

It has not been announced yet .I think Pat Spillane and Kevin McStay are right about the kerry tactics .

Wasn t talking about their analysis of Kerry tactics tbh. Just their general remarks about the game. As regards Donaghy s role. Kerry lost control of midfield when he was sent in to square. But he should have been fed more when in there but Kerry were forced to develop from deep so much it wasn t easy. Kerry could have done so badly with 2 Donaghy's today.

deiseach

Quote from: mckieran on September 18, 2011, 11:06:36 PM

You do realise you'd have people on here denouncing the GAA as the Grab All Association and accusing them of robbing everyone blind?

ross4life

Sunday game MOTM Kevin Nolan & there Team of the Year

1. S.Cluxton (Dublin)
2. M. Ó Sé (Kerry)
3. N. McGee (Donegal)
4. R. O'Carroll (Dublin)
5. K. Cassidy (Donegal)
6. K. Lacey (Donegal)
7. K. Nolan (Dublin)
8. B. Sheehan (Kerry)
9. J. Doyle (Kildare)
10. Darren O'Sullivan (Kerry)
11. A. Brogan (Dublin)
12. P. Flynn (Dublin)
13. C. Cooper (Kerry)
14. A. Moran (Mayo)
15. B. Brogan (Dublin)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

comethekingdom

Thank god it wasnt a draw as the grief of scouring the country for tickets again is probably harder than trying to win an AI itself !!

mckieran

Quote82,300

So does that mean that absolutely every single ticket was used? I think the capacity of Croke Park is 82300 (Although I though it was slightly reduced when they put in the Hill 16 barriers.... Is this a record?