All-Ireland Senior Football final - Kerry v Dublin 18/09/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

4 weeks till the final meaning Kerry will have only played 3 games in 12 weeks - talk about dragging things out.

I thought they looked very under-cooked in the 1st half against Mayo and for 20/25 mins looked off the pace, not sure O'Connor knows his best team but 4 weeks of skleping as the Kerry boys would say should resolve that.

The romantic in me wants a Kerry v Dublin final but equally the thoughts of a Kerry v Donegal final fascinates me.

Either way really looking forward to this final.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

The romantic in me wants a Kerry v Dublin final

Jasus you're some Kildare man coming out with that claptrap  :-*
The true romantic would want to see Sam going to Donegal for the second time and also spoil the media wet dream.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

leaveherinsir

The "Gaelic Football Fan" in you should want to see a Dublin v Kerry final.  Donegal far too negative in their approach.

Rossfan

Quote from: leaveherinsir on August 22, 2011, 07:59:55 PM
The "Gaelic Football Fan" in you should want to see a Dublin v Kerry final.  Donegal far too negative in their approach.

Maybe so ... but us romantics always want the little guys/outsiders to win. After all we have spent most of our time on the outside looking in on the big September days.
If I want to see nice Gaelic football I'll go to the Sigerson Cup and look at the college boys playing nice tippy tappy.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on August 22, 2011, 07:52:32 PM

Jasus you're some Kildare man coming out with that claptrap  :-*
The true romantic would want to see Sam going to Donegal for the second time and also spoil the media wet dream.

Dublin v Kerry would be a great spectacle and I admire this Dublin team, hard working and honest. Just think it would be a fantastic occasion and I can guarantee the whole country will look forward to it.

But you're right, I'm off to have a shower now...
#newbridgeornowhere

Kerry Mike

Bring on the final.  Always a great buzz in the Kingdom facing into another final. We are fortunate to have a group of players who just keep on delivering year after year. I don't have a preference who we play it will make for a tough game either way. If its the dubs I hope we get half the tickets for the hill but that won't happen will it.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 23, 2011, 11:10:03 AM
Bring on the final.  Always a great buzz in the Kingdom facing into another final. We are fortunate to have a group of players who just keep on delivering year after year. I don't have a preference who we play it will make for a tough game either way. If its the dubs I hope we get half the tickets for the hill but that won't happen will it.

Sure your entitled to half, so why not attend the hill...................scribe a message to gaa croker chiefs asap

ross4life

Don't Kerry have a poor recent record v Ulster sides? maybe they will want Dubin in the final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

squire_in_navy_slacks

Gooch and dar o sullivan on the piss until 8am this morning ..................dude in the grand hotel killarney text me there

GalwayBayBoy

Would be mighty. We could have another 25 years of documentaries, books and Late Late specials on the back of it.

Jinxy

I look forward to seeing Paidí O'Sé half cut on Up for the Match regaling all and sundry with his collection of highly amusing anecdotes none of us have heard before.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 23, 2011, 05:04:33 PM
Gooch and dar o sullivan on the piss until 8am this morning ..................dude in the grand hotel killarney text me there

Fierce skelping going on at training too.

A fella I know in Kerry told me half the team have knocks and dodgy hamstrings too.

Donegal will have to deal with all this after they beat us Sunday.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on August 23, 2011, 05:23:02 PM
I look forward to seeing Paidí O'Sé half cut on Up for the Match regaling all and sundry with his collection of highly amusing anecdotes none of us have heard before.

;D

Schlepping dubs...............bouncing balls so hard they smash the lights, animals.......................in the zoo

Mike Sheehy

god be with the days when Dubs would swagger. They are so psychologically traumatized by recent years and by 34 years of being beaten by us that they have suppressed an essential part of their character.

Come on lads, just be your natural swaggering selves. Its much more craic. We all know you think you will beat Donegal at a canter so stop trying to hide it.