All-Ireland Senior Football final - Kerry v Dublin 18/09/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: gerry on September 18, 2011, 06:09:16 PM
Gardaí advise that Herbert Street will be available for residents and businesses who work in these areas.

Jeez, that's awful sound of them, isn't it?!

Rossfan

Well done to Dublin on winning with a good finish.
How did Kerry lose one ....?
Obviously a stale oul team but you'd still expect enough oul Kerry cuteness from them than letting McMenamon waltz through for a goal like that.
I presume it's bye bye Jack and a few defrenders as they seek to rebuild.
Where will Dublin go from here ... could dominate for a few years but if the hunger is sated  that won't happen.
A handy enough All Ireland at the end of the day .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

barelegs

Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 18, 2011, 06:36:36 PM
Regarding Mc Quillan- spotted the double bounce OK and strange decision on the free rather than peno but overall though he handled it well.
Bryan Sheehan was my MOM
Mc Menaman had dropped a terrible ball into the keeper's hands a few minutes before his goal, but he showed serious balls to go for it. I also thought O'Caroll and the Brogans were good but I fear that Kerry may have indeed a post-86 challenge- but they do have the best player I have ever seen so some hope still.
This time last year was one of despair - doesn't feel much better still and Dubs/Cork will be teams to beat next year- size does seem to matter.

After 1986 they still had Jack O'Shea. It helps but you can't help get the feeling that this is the end of that Kerry team.

Congrats to Dublin. Good to see some of the players that went through the tough days of the mid-2000s win an All Ireland.

McMenamon made a huge difference against Donegal off the bench and his goal was the most important score of the game. All Stars have been won for less!

Rossfan

Quote from: J OGorman on September 18, 2011, 05:05:13 PM
Fair bucks to Dublin and esp Pat Gilroy, seems a good bloke, but by gum, McQuillan was on their side!

Why do ye think he got the game ?

Gold

Quote from: thewobbler on September 18, 2011, 05:03:18 PM
The referee should be hung, drawn and quartered for that. 1 mins 35 secs of injury time was used up by Dublin's freetaker, and he added only 15 secs the other way. I've little time for Kerry, but that is disgusting.

That was disgraceful.

Cant belieive the ref didnt have the sense/balls to allow Kerry to have a last attack.

If Bernard had of been hitting that free and stood over it for over a minute without hittin it it would've been a hop ball--so why wait for a kepper to come up and yet not add on any further injury time?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

SHEEDY

thought dublin were dead and buried with 10mins left. they showed brilliant character to come back and snatch it at the death. nerves of steel from cluxton at the end, it was never in doubt that the free would go over. only complaint about cluxton taking the frees is that it takes at least a minute from when it was awarded to actually taking it. time that is never added on.
take nothing away from them though delighed for the players and the fans.
nil satis nisi optimum

PadraicHenryPearse

just back - Good game, very entertaining and the atomsphere was unbelieveable especially the last 5 minutes. Would need to see it again to make any comments on the match 0r ref as it was too hard to see without the benefit of replays.

"star" is a tr**p, every occasion he got to mouth off he did, very unlikeable player. The dublin supporters around me were also terrible and some of their comments were a disgrace, it was obvious many of them had little knowledge of Gaa and the rules from what they were saying. The walk back Dorset st. wasn't much better with every Kerry fan getting the "cheerio" chant and "who are ya". Kerry fans on the other hand were great and a few around me were good craic even if i had trouble understanding a lot of what they were saying.

Congrats to the Dubs, probably were just about the better team overall.

cicfada

those who are complaining about dublin time wasting would do well to remember Kerry doing all  the time wasting against Cork in Killarney early on this year in the Munster Championship! injuries, not giving the ball  back for frees, fouling etc etc what comes around goes around!!

Rossfan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 18, 2011, 07:08:11 PM
The dublin supporters around me were also terrible and some of their comments were a disgrace, it was obvious many of them had little knowledge of Gaa and the rules from what they were saying. The walk back Dorset st. wasn't much better with every Kerry fan getting the "cheerio" chant and "who are ya".

And then they wonder why 31 Counties can't stand to see them win anything.

McQuillan will be the GAA's darling for many a day as he made sure Kerry didnt get the chance to equalise. Mind you another €4m in the coffers should have softened the blow of Dublin not winning.
Time for timekeeping duties to be taken from Refs and have an official clock up there in public for everyone to see.
Can you imagine how  long a game would last if the clock was stopped every time the ref blew for a free and then started again as freetaker starts his run  ::)
Of course that will never happen as the GAA might not always get the result they want.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: boojangles on September 18, 2011, 05:44:30 PM
I feel sorry for Jack and most of the Kerry lads especially the Gooch as captain but very hard to feel any pity for Donaghy who over the last few years has become quite an unlikeable character on the field. Never quit whinging all day and went down like he was shot at the end. No place for that shit in the game.
I kept an eye on him off the ball and he spent the day mouthing and throwing sneaky digs. I never liked the cut of his jib at the best of times, but today he seemed to take it to new level.

Well done to Dublin. Great finish, with 10 minutes to go they looked like they had given up.

Rossfan

Quote from: cicfada on September 18, 2011, 07:15:54 PM
those who are complaining about dublin time wasting would do well to remember Kerry doing all  the time wasting against Cork in Killarney early on this year in the Munster Championship! injuries, not giving the ball  back for frees, fouling etc etc what comes around goes around!!
Complaints are mainly about the ref not adding on the time wasted.

Zulu

Quote from: donegal lad on September 18, 2011, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 18, 2011, 04:21:31 PM
You're learning Donegal lad . RTE are totally biased when Dublin play and almost as bad whenKerry play.
So when they play each other it's a total lovein and like SKY everything is brilliant and wonderful and other orgasmic descriptions.
On the other hand the likes of Donegal get the opposite treatment. Mind you if ye were to pay TV licences it might get better. :D
Its one of the worst all ireland finals i have seen yet you would of thought it was be amazing game listening to them 3 at half time

Stop talking shite lads, neither team were anything like Donegal and this was an excellent all Ireland final. Delighted for the Dubs, well done!!!

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 18, 2011, 06:52:02 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 18, 2011, 06:29:24 PM
Have to say the referee had a shocker today. Gave a free in for Dublin for Kerry defender touching the ball on the ground when it should have been a penalty.
I didn't see the game, only heard it on the radio, but did the Kerry defender in question touch the ball in the small rectangle or outside it but in the large rectangle? If it's the former, then it's a penalty, if it's the latter, it's a 13 metre free.
You above all, Fintona, should know if I wrote it should have been a penalty then the incident took place in the small parallelogram!! ;)

Pangurban