2012 London Olympics - Official thread

Started by muppet, August 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Mrs Boots asked me the other day if Clare Baldwin got interviewing lessons from Alan Partridge - I had no answer.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ludermor

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 13, 2012, 02:22:49 PM
Mrs Boots asked me the other day if Clare Baldwin got interviewing lessons from Alan Partridge - I had no answer.
She may never live this down http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/09/ofcom-bbc-clare-balding-liam-treadwell-teeth-complaints

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ludermor on August 13, 2012, 02:36:54 PM
She may never live this down http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/09/ofcom-bbc-clare-balding-liam-treadwell-teeth-complaints

She made a mistake that day but in fairness on the whole she's an excellent broadcaster. She's off to Channel 4 now to head their racing coverage.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 13, 2012, 02:07:14 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 13, 2012, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 13, 2012, 01:46:43 PM
Was the BBC's 'red button' coverage of the Olympics the single greatest piece of sporting TV coverage ever? I thought it was absolutely brilliant. To be able to sit down, click the red button and watch everything that was on, from Archery to Wrestling was class. And there was no commentary on half of them either, which didn't take away one bit from the enjoyment.
Yes. When they said comprehensive coverage they meant it. They are also keeping EVERY session from every event online at BBC Sport until 2013! I must say the editing of all their output, including the montages last night, has been unreal.

I agree, it was fantastic.

+1 Didn't hear anything from Lineker & the cronies about the team GB love in, just the action. Great to be able to flick between the volleyball (the court one, the beach was banned in our house), badminton, table tennis, archery, tae-kwon-do, bmx racing (that was mental), canoe salom, etc. Made the olympics for me.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Main Street

Quote from: Minder on August 13, 2012, 02:40:35 PM
Quote from: ludermor on August 13, 2012, 02:36:54 PM

She was a disgrace that day.
Liam could have said, 'I'll show you my teeth, if you display your lop sided drippy boobs to the cameras'.

never kickt a ball

The Spice Girls arriving, singing and leaving in separate taxis.....said it all really.

Eamonnca1

Why's everybody so down on this Jessie J blade? I never heard of her until last night and I thought she did a fine job. Why am I seeing so much hatred all over social media?  What did she do?  Is she some sort of convicted criminal or something?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 13, 2012, 09:15:52 PM
Why's everybody so down on this Jessie J blade? I never heard of her until last night and I thought she did a fine job. Why am I seeing so much hatred all over social media?  What did she do?  Is she some sort of convicted criminal or something?

I know one thing...It's not about the money, money, money....

Square Ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 13, 2012, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 13, 2012, 09:15:52 PM

I know one thing...It's not about the money, money, money....

hat and coat please
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 13, 2012, 10:00:57 PM
No doubt it was technically BBC's finest hours or 17 days.  However, perhaps it is just me, the grumpy old man, but Gary Lineker, Jake Humphrey and Matt Baker were horrendous.  They were ill-prepared and ill-informed about most sports.  Clare Balding, Mishal Husain and to a lessor extent Gabby Logan were far superior. Chris Boardman was excellent and Phil Ligget embarrassed him at every turn. Barry Davies and Jim Neilly were out on their own.
Matt Baker shouldn't have been let out of the house. I didn't realise Liggett was commentating - you sure it wasn't Hugh Porter?

Also, time you boys were back at the books - standards are slipping.

Tony Baloney

A Golden Games is repeated tonight (narrated by Eddie Butler).

laoislad

Nearly time for Sky Sports to take their medal count logo thingy off their screen,it is annoying me now.
Roll on Saturday and the Premier League.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on August 13, 2012, 10:46:08 PM
Nearly time for Sky Sports to take their medal count logo thingy off their screen,it is annoying me now.
Roll on Saturday and the Premier League.

Football will take a while to get people interested this year I suspect. Was flicking between Olympic Basketball final and the Charity Shield yesterday. The football bored the life out of me, even for a decent 3-2 game.