2012 London Olympics - Official thread

Started by muppet, August 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: EwanMacKenna on August 15, 2012, 10:15:51 PM
Just having a read of the thread and saw Cian O'Connor and my attitude come up earlier on. Won't be getting into a debate on it but this is exactly why I think he should never have been let near an Irish team again, never mind be celebrated as some sort of hero... http://eircomsports.eircom.net/Rugby-World-Cup/news/other/Medalling-affair.aspx

A p***k of the highest order, If half the rumours are true as regards how he treats horses then he should be facing a jail term and not just a doping ban.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Jaysus young Conlan has a long reach. that's like Declan O'Sullivans rubber arm :)

Jonah

AZOffaly

I agree. Who thought Enda deserved to be in a photo with our medallists? Where is Cian O'connor by they way? He's fairly getting airbrushed out of the picture, no pun intended.

Hardy

Yes - brilliant performance.

(Pity he's an apostrophe abuser.)

Declan

Fair play to him. Some dedication over the years and a great week for the langers

ballinaman

Unreal stuff. What a performance. 4.14 average a KM...Walking! Unbelievable.

Bingo

Fair play, a lonely and tough sport but he got his reward in the end after the disapointment of London.

Savage discipline and pace to be travelling with the restrictions involved, its a longer distance than a marathon.

NAG1

Quote from: Bingo on August 14, 2013, 11:26:59 AM
Fair play, a lonely and tough sport but he got his reward in the end after the disapointment of London.

Savage discipline and pace to be travelling with the restrictions involved, its a longer distance than a marathon.

Fair play to him but this is another example of a 'sport' that should be no where near the olympics.

Bingo

Quote from: NAG1 on August 14, 2013, 11:28:23 AM

Fair play to him but this is another example of a 'sport' that should be no where near the olympics.

Every "sport" is ridiculas when you break it down, be it running, walking, swimming, football, pigeon racing, darts, curling, beachvolley ball.

I'd be interested as to why you say it should be no where near the olympics.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Billys Boots

It's because the Olympics should be reserved only for Man Utd players (and supporters).   ::) 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Syferus

Quote from: NAG1 on August 14, 2013, 11:28:23 AM

Honestly I have to agree. Walking as a sport is like someone putting a speed limit on how fast you can run in gaelic and calling it a new sport. There is a very readily apparent level of ridiculousness to it.

At least water polo is a bit of craic.

Still, if we'll take medals for riding horses around a knock-off Disney World we'll take them for walking fast. Well done to Heffernan.