2012 London Olympics - Official thread

Started by muppet, August 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 12, 2012, 11:50:20 PM
What was the song Muse sang?, it was awesome

Hilarious gif minder,
It was called Survival. Have to say I didnt like it at all.

ross4life

The Who a classic way to end any show.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gaffer

It's over.

Now the Olympic humping begins and I can only lie here and think about what will be going on in the village the night!!!!   Jammy sods. Fcuk!!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on August 13, 2012, 12:27:24 AM
must admit that was awesome
Was a slow burner imo. Some of the earlier parts were ropey. Disappointed in the Pink Floyd collaboration with that Ed Sheeran fella. Getting the proper lineup may have been a stretch but would rather have Roger Waters

Norf Tyrone

Just flicked over to ITV. Shut down last week. Who knew?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

Hardy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 13, 2012, 12:31:41 AM
Was a slow burner imo. Some of the earlier parts were ropey. Disappointed in the Pink Floyd collaboration with that Ed Sheeran fella. Getting the proper lineup may have been a stretch but would rather have Roger Waters

and again  ;D

screenexile

Gutted the Olympics are over I really enjoyed the last few weeks. Sport at its best!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2012, 12:44:41 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 13, 2012, 12:31:41 AM

and again  ;D
Ha ha I wasnt even including Syd in that post! Now that would be a comeback  8)

Square Ball

the Beeb done it well, really enjoyed the way they covered it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: screenexile on August 13, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
Gutted the Olympics are over I really enjoyed the last few weeks. Sport at its best!!

Maybe because it's only every 4 years but the Olympics is still something special. Think there is a genuine feeling of sadness that it's all over.

I like football as much as the next man but really not in the mood yet for the circus of the Premier League returning next weekend.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 13, 2012, 12:54:56 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 13, 2012, 12:45:00 AM

Maybe because it's only every 4 years but the Olympics is still something special. Think there is a genuine feeling of sadness that it's all over.

I like football as much as the next man but really not in the mood yet for the circus of the Premier League returning next weekend.
After watching the Olympics I think initially a lot of the public won't have the stomach for the EPL primadonnas fighting over 200k a week. By September normal service will have been resumed thougg.

Eamonnca1

Been a great festival of sport all right. Great opening ceremony.  Impressive medal haul for the Brits, 30% improvement on Beijing even though people thought they'd never be able to top that. Good medal haul for Ireland compared to the past which is encouraging (although as discussed on the other thread there's room for improvement).  Enjoyable closing ceremony (a little long though, I'm still watching it). 

Have to hand it to the hosts.  They did a terrific job. Fair play.