Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borderfox

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 11, 2011, 07:00:13 AM
Irish News is reporting that POR will become the Director of Football with the removal of Donal Murtagh and the recruitment of a super coach to take charge of tactics but leaving POR in charge on match days.  Paddy Heaney claims that this keeps the costs down and the county board from getting into a selection mess for a replacement manager. Aidan O'Rourke is being touted as a possible coach.

The position of fitness coach Mike McGurn is left unclear.

What a dog's dinner!

What a mess. Now everyone is in limbo including the county board  ???
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

orchard 8195

Quote from: PAULD123 on August 11, 2011, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 11, 2011, 12:02:04 AM
Quote from: ck on August 11, 2011, 12:00:28 AM
Quote from: The Chief on August 10, 2011, 10:12:33 AM
why what level of 'expenses' is Geezer on?
I had heard from a journalist mate that Geezer was on 120k per year and his assist manager and coach (O'Rourke) were both on 60k (euro). They are by far the highest paid management team in Ireland.
:D

Donnelly's Hollow, you imply that the figure is laughable. I work in Dublin and expenses in and around that level have been quoted to me by many people. Is everyone way off the mark? Have you heard alternative opinions in Kildare?
I could def believe they are the most highly paid management team in football but 120k does sound a little crazy. Anyway how do these figures get out? id say there are only a handful of ppl who would know exactly how much they are on!! Is Geezer just another mercenary?? The man is a God in this county and it would utterly disappoint me if he wouldnt take the job due to financial reasons. or am i being completly naiive? is that the way things have gone?

Ulick

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 11, 2011, 07:00:13 AM
Irish News is reporting that POR will become the Director of Football with the removal of Donal Murtagh and the recruitment of a super coach to take charge of tactics but leaving POR in charge on match days.  Paddy Heaney claims that this keeps the costs down and the county board from getting into a selection mess for a replacement manager. Aidan O'Rourke is being touted as a possible coach.

The position of fitness coach Mike McGurn is left unclear.

What a dog's dinner!

That's got to be a piss-take.

Applesisapples

Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2011, 12:11:47 AM
Quote from: Orangemac on August 10, 2011, 10:56:53 PM
And if it isn't rubberstamped in September is there a Plan B in terms of a new management team or are we back to where we were 2 years ago?

i think my mans information refers to a plan B. the county board are aware that por is probably the most unpopular manager armagh has ever had amoungst the supporters. they are also acutely aware that money is tight and all they need now is a fermanagh style meltdown. i remember going to a match in breffini park armagh v dublin in the league there wasnt a hundred armagh supporters at it. that kind of turnout wouldnt pay for many fancy stands or trips to la manga. we need a manager now and a decent league run to raise interest in the team and much needed funds. by the time por is finished with our team- the players self confidence will be gone and so will the supporters.
I wouldn't say O'Rourke is as unpopular as the previous manager.

Applesisapples

I had heard from a journalist mate that Geezer was on 120k per year and his assist manager and coach (O'Rourke) were both on 60k (euro). They are by far the highest paid management team in Ireland.

Donnelly's Hollow, you imply that the figure is laughable. I work in Dublin and expenses in and around that level have been quoted to me by many people. Is everyone way off the mark? Have you heard alternative opinions in Kildare?
Fact: Previous manager was on 100K Euro.

Armamike

This will end badly. Paddys position wud b undermined imo. I wud like to think that the cb have talked this through with Paddy and the players are on board. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

naka

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 11, 2011, 09:31:05 AM
Looks like someone in an influential position has been briefing Heaney.
Jesus, these guys have no clue.
methinks Paddy is getting his info solely from this message board ;)

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 11, 2011, 05:32:45 AM
Never mind the gate receipts, there are plenty of us paying through monthly standing orders and I am considering halting mine unless there is a reasonable resolution of the current situation.

Ditto; what a mess!
"Stercus accidit"

ck

If there is any truth in todays Irish News article then POR is a goner IMO. How the hell can a county board say that they have faith in a manager yet look for a "super coach" who will take training, tactics, deal with players and gameplans. SO WHAT THE HELL DO THEY WANT PADDY FOR?! To write the sub slips or maybe he could do the line or something? Armagh looking for a super coach is basically an admission that they know they have a shit manager so need to cover it up with smoke and mirrors.

Armagh county board should wise up and get rid of POR and appoint their "super coach" as manager!

Donnellys Hollow

The sheep on the Curragh know that McGeeney receives no monetary payment. Sure Syl Merrins lured him to the Shortgrass on the promise that he would receive benefits in kind instead. All the prominent Kildare supporters chipped in - Charlie McCreevy managed to get him his own hospitality tent in the reserved enclosure at the Punchestown Festival, Michael Smurfit made him a life member in the K-Club, Christy Moore offered to pen a new song in his honour, Dermot Weld promised to split his Galway winnings with him, Trevor Brennan gave him a holiday chalet in the south of France, Sheikh Mohammed offered shares in his top stallions at Kildangan Stud likewise the Aga Khan at Giltown, Ronnie Wood donated 50% of all his royalties, Tegral offered to reslate his roof and Sos Dowling fitted his house with new carpets while the good people of Allenwood promised to supply him with 5 tonnes of turf per annum.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

lawnseed

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 11, 2011, 12:19:14 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2011, 12:11:47 AM
Quote from: Orangemac on August 10, 2011, 10:56:53 PM
And if it isn't rubberstamped in September is there a Plan B in terms of a new management team or are we back to where we were 2 years ago?

i think my mans information refers to a plan B. the county board are aware that por is probably the most unpopular manager armagh has ever had amoungst the supporters. they are also acutely aware that money is tight and all they need now is a fermanagh style meltdown. i remember going to a match in breffini park armagh v dublin in the league there wasnt a hundred armagh supporters at it. that kind of turnout wouldnt pay for many fancy stands or trips to la manga. we need a manager now and a decent league run to raise interest in the team and much needed funds. by the time por is finished with our team- the players self confidence will be gone and so will the supporters.
I wouldn't say O'Rourke is as unpopular as the previous manager.
fecks sake apples i'm trying to forget that guy :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

CountyGK

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 11, 2011, 09:21:14 PM

The sheep on the Curragh know that McGeeney receives no monetary payment. Sure Syl Merrins lured him to the Shortgrass on the promise that he would receive benefits in kind instead. All the prominent Kildare supporters chipped in - Charlie McCreevy managed to get him his own hospitality tent in the reserved enclosure at the Punchestown Festival, Michael Smurfit made him a life member in the K-Club, Christy Moore offered to pen a new song in his honour, Dermot Weld promised to split his Galway winnings with him, Trevor Brennan gave him a holiday chalet in the south of France, Sheikh Mohammed offered shares in his top stallions at Kildangan Stud likewise the Aga Khan at Giltown, Ronnie Wood donated 50% of all his royalties, Tegral offered to reslate his roof and Sos Dowling fitted his house with new carpets while the good people of Allenwood promised to supply him with 5 tonnes of turf per annum.

David McKeown

I see the CB have informed clubs that the story in the Irish News is without foundation
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mackers

If that is the case then Irish News journalists shouldn't be allowed to darken the door of the Athletic Grounds. They were responsible for a serious amount of crap rumours before POR got the job (Plunkett Donaghy FFS). We look down our noses at some of the tabloid journalism in England....they're now at that level.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

DuffleKing

Is it not obvious that someone within the county executive who is privy to whatever informal discussions have gone on has leaked this to Heaney?