Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Maybe David, I spoke to someone last night and he confirmed that he had been offered the 3rd year, but that it was dependent on a vote by the delegates.  I don't know about the CB forcing the back room staff but if they did I have no issue with that, that's what happens in a lot of other counties, in Cork and Kerry to name two very successful examples.  I suppose it would depend on who they appoint but I would have a felling I know who they would put in, and if they did I would be happier for it.

David McKeown

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 10, 2011, 09:55:14 AM
Maybe David, I spoke to someone last night and he confirmed that he had been offered the 3rd year, but that it was dependent on a vote by the delegates.  I don't know about the CB forcing the back room staff but if they did I have no issue with that, that's what happens in a lot of other counties, in Cork and Kerry to name two very successful examples.  I suppose it would depend on who they appoint but I would have a felling I know who they would put in, and if they did I would be happier for it.

Oh I am not saying it wouldnt be successful I just think it undermines the manager especially if you do it midway through his term.  Also was there not a fiasco in Meath this year with their CB forcing backroom staff on Banty?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Chief

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 10, 2011, 09:23:21 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 09, 2011, 05:53:48 PM
heard today from a fairly good source that several decent replacements are to be approached this week informally. so thats good.. my man doesnt know if geezer was on the list.. so thats not so good. fingers crossed :-X
Forget about Geezer we can't afford him.
why what level of 'expenses' is Geezer on?

DuffleKing

Jeez this is getting messy. Each to their own but any manager with a clear vision would not accept a random management team foisted upon him.
I guess we're all hearing the same rumours and at least some of them are positive.

onefaircounty

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 10, 2011, 10:59:55 AM
Jeez this is getting messy. Each to their own but any manager with a clear vision would not accept a random management team foisted upon him.

This.

stew

J McEntee is said to be on the way onto the management team, if so that is a great boost to us and I for one hope this is true.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orangemac

And if it isn't rubberstamped in September is there a Plan B in terms of a new management team or are we back to where we were 2 years ago?

David McKeown

Quote from: Orangemac on August 10, 2011, 10:56:53 PM
And if it isn't rubberstamped in September is there a Plan B in terms of a new management team or are we back to where we were 2 years ago?

I dont understand this idea that it needs to be rubberstamped, it didnt need rubberstamped last year, nor when he was appointed and the CB went against the wishes of delegates in the previous selection process why all of a sudden does it need stamped this year.  I feel sorry for POR at this stage
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ck

Quote from: The Chief on August 10, 2011, 10:12:33 AM
heard today from a fairly good source that several decent replacements are to be approached this week informally. so thats good.. my man doesnt know if geezer was on the list.. so thats not so good. fingers crossed :-X

I had heard from a journalist mate that Geezer was on 120k per year and his assist manager and coach (O'Rourke) were both on 60k (euro). They are by far the highest paid management team in Ireland.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ck on August 11, 2011, 12:00:28 AM

I had heard from a journalist mate that Geezer was on 120k per year and his assist manager and coach (O'Rourke) were both on 60k (euro). They are by far the highest paid management team in Ireland.

:D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Orangemac

Quote from: David McKeown on August 10, 2011, 11:15:41 PM

I dont understand this idea that it needs to be rubberstamped, it didnt need rubberstamped last year, nor when he was appointed and the CB went against the wishes of delegates in the previous selection process why all of a sudden does it need stamped this year.  I feel sorry for POR at this stage
Would totally agree, if the CB don't think he is the man for the job tell him to his face even if it means admitting they appointed the wrong man in the 1st place. Despite misgivings about his ability to do the job, POR deserves to be treated with a bit of respect.

lawnseed

i think my mans information refers to a plan B. the county board are aware that por is probably the most unpopular manager armagh has ever had amoungst the supporters. they are also acutely aware that money is tight and all they need now is a fermanagh style meltdown. i remember going to a match in breffini park armagh v dublin in the league there wasnt a hundred armagh supporters at it. that kind of turnout wouldnt pay for many fancy stands or trips to la manga. we need a manager now and a decent league run to raise interest in the team and much needed funds. by the time por is finished with our team- the players self confidence will be gone and so will the supporters.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 11, 2011, 07:00:13 AM
Irish News is reporting that POR will become the Director of Football with the removal of Donal Murtagh and the recruitment of a super coach to take charge of tactics but leaving POR in charge on match days.  Paddy Heaney claims that this keeps the costs down and the county board from getting into a selection mess for a replacement manager. Aidan O'Rourke is being touted as a possible coach.

The position of fitness coach Mike McGurn is left unclear.

What a dog's dinner!
Jesus Christ.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DuffleKing

Looks like someone in an influential position has been briefing Heaney.
Jesus, these guys have no clue.

PAULD123

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 11, 2011, 12:02:04 AM
Quote from: ck on August 11, 2011, 12:00:28 AM
:D

Donnelly's Hollow, you imply that the figure is laughable. I work in Dublin and expenses in and around that level have been quoted to me by many people. Is everyone way off the mark? Have you heard alternative opinions in Kildare?